Caroline's new coach revealed

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
According to the Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet Caroline has signed a multiyear contract with Babolat

New racket sponsor in Danish but if you want to read the article use Google translate. But nice she's back with her original racket.

Additional information about things right now:

Caro in Ekstra Bladet: Caro has a new hitting partner. He's a South African called Hendrick Coertzen. Boxing trainer Paul Duvall was with Caro in Los Angeles. We've done exercises and started to play more points to inject what we've been practising into point play. We've been focussing on tempo and intensity. It's gone well. Very intense from the start.The closer we get to Australia, the more points. Caro's fitness coach, Przemyslaw Piotrowicz, has joined the team. Caro heads for Brisbane Christmas day. Christmas Eve will be without Rory, who left for Belfast yesterday to be with his parents. Christmas Eve, the trad Danish time to celebrate, will be with her parents, her brother Patrik and his girlfriend Natasja.:cool:

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
"Thomas believes it is important that I occasionally help both training and competitions next year. He thinks that it is too significant a breach of Caroline if I suddenly stop completely."

I think that Thomas Hogstedt knows that if you can't beat them, you might as well allow them to travel (join) you, lol. It will be interesting to see who coaches Caroline on the court during the smaller events.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
'Piotr Woznicacki added that Hogstedt will be in charge'

Hopefully for Caroline's sake her father does leave the sole coaching duties this time to Hogstedt who is a excellent coach.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My 400th post should be this - it's not fair.

A chocking news to me but here it is Caroline sacks Hoegstedt because he went on holiday instead of coming to Dubai - that's one of the reasons. She'll get a new coach tomorrow and I'll let you know.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article2205846.ece

First it was adios to Ricardo Sanchez , then Adjös to Thomas Johansson , and now the same message has been conveyed to Thomas Högstedt .

Cooperation between the otherwise reputable Swedish coach and Danish Caroline Wozniacki is over after just over three months.

A cooperation according to Ekstra Bladet information has beaten deep cracks in the recent past with sharp exchanges between coach and player , and a line of communication between those who suddenly died completely.

The latter meant that Caroline Wozniacki last Thursday was without either coach or hittingpartner in Dubai - and without being able to get hold of Högstedt .

- Even before the Australian Open , we knew that the cooperation would hardly hold over time. Caroline enjoyed it , but she was willing to give it one more try .

- Since the communication broke down between them , and he was not quite clear about his plans. Caroline thought he was going to Dubai , and so instead she got to know that he had gone on holiday.

It's an important time in the season for Caroline and I know it frustrated her. It ended up also being the straw that broke the camel's back , says her manager John Tobias of Ekstra Bladet.

- I gave it really a chance , says Caroline Wozniacki from Dubai, where she is these days instead train with her father.

She has already set her sights on a new coach . See who is replacing Högstedt in Ekstra Bladet Thursday.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
one week too late. she could have snapped wim fissette from simona halep last week :rolleyes:
he only won 3 grand slams with kim and a final with lisicki.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Woz should have hired Annacone. He seems very patient. Hogstedt was yelling at Woz during a changeover. I

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is her new coach:

Mortensen_19-08-201_694366m.jpg

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article2205889.ece
Danish Michael Mortensen flying Monday to Dubai to replace fired Thomas Högstedt as Caroline Wozniacki's coach . He has so far made an appointment for the next four tournaments in Qatar , Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami.

As in tennis bag , he has a grand slam , a longstanding , close relationship with the family and a few clear messages to his new pupil :

- Caroline must make up her mind which way she will go in as a player. It is important that she gets some thoughts about it so we can work in the same direction .

- Then there also used to be good stuff, that's for sure , says Michael Mortensen , among other things to Ekstra Bladet.

Michael Mortensen won as coach the French Open in 2011 as coach of Li Na, and it was not least that he got to grips with the Chinese's mental habitus . He was short, gettingt faith and joy back into her.

- He has a very positive attitude to both the game and the training, and he has a good way of saying things. He is passionate about the sport and I like that . It is very motivating , says Caroline Wozniacki .

Read much more about the dramatic backdrop of the sacking of Högstedt and the appointment of Michael Mortensen, Ekstra Bladet Thursday.

More later

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Woz has split with her coach to work with her father.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
10sfan said:
Woz has split with her coach to work with her father.

Maybe - we'll see - my feeling is that Mortensen will return later, he just can't join her all year round because of respect to his own family

By the way Caroline is #18 Monday - but look how close they are from 12 to 18. If she has a good run in Miami she'll advance again - only 80 points to defend there - I hope the best. Last coloumn what they defend:

12 Ana Ivanovic 3140 140
13 Roberta Vinci 2925 250
14 Sabine Lisicki 2660 5
15 Flavia Pennetta 2645 50
16 Sloane Stephens 2625 140
17 Carla Suarez Navarro 2620 80
18 Caroline Wozniacki 2605 80

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe - we'll see - my feeling is that Mortensen will return later, he just can't join her all year round because of respect to his own family

Apparently Caro is not in a mood to listen to Mortensen's advice at this time.
She says it is not the right time. She says, she may be willing to listen to him later
in the year.

So, you are correct that Mortensen might return later. But, the reason you mentioned
is not the correct one.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Apparently Caro is not in a mood to listen to Mortensen's advice at this time.
She says it is not the right time. She says, she may be willing to listen to him later
in the year.

So, you are correct that Mortensen might return later. But, the reason you mentioned
is not the correct one.

I'm glad that you think I'm right about something - I'm feeling quite relieved.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What is more serious is that I've got a feeling that her menthal stage is quite wobbly right now and I fear that she'll take a break from tennis later this year unless she has her portion of luck back. Well we'll see - I'm sure she'll be a good wife - it looks delicious what she's cooked - have a look (brought on twitter a few hours ago):

BipqMWPIcAEPY4s.jpg

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Woz and Rory make a good couple. His game is back after a mediocre 2013. Let's hope hers improves also.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
It's a becoming a joke this carousel of coaches.

I'm not sure whether Caroline or her father really care whether she improves and become a force in the game again. Mortensen pretty much stated, she is resistant to change or addition to her game, and if seems that her father is part of the problem.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
It would be interesting to hear what the dad is thinking. Has he ever been interviewed for longer than a minute here and there? I think he does care, maybe too much that he cannot let her find her own way. Look what happened when Aga split from her father.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rose said:
Caro is sadly not going anywhere in tennis no matter who her coach is.

I think her best is behind her (No, I am not talking about her a..);)