Caroline's new coach revealed

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Calvy said:
It's a becoming a joke this carousel of coaches.

I'm not sure whether Caroline or her father really care whether she improves and become a force in the game again. Mortensen pretty much stated, she is resistant to change or addition to her game, and if seems that her father is part of the problem.

Tennis-parents can be as bad as stage-parents.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Calvy said:

I'm not sure whether Caroline or her father really care whether she improves and become a force in the game again. Mortensen pretty much stated, she is resistant to change or addition to her game, and if seems that her father is part of the problem.

Most definitely! Maybe once she and Rory marry, he can influence her to spread her wings and look outside of father grasp for some real change.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Calvy said:
tented said:
Calvy said:

Most definitely! Maybe once she and Rory marry, he can influence her to spread her wings and look outside of father grasp for some real change.

Good idea, Calvy. That could help her gain a sense of independence she's currently lacking.

Sometimes tennis-parents are brilliant (Richard Williams is the ultimate example from the current generation), but sometimes they're the biggest impediment to success (what's Donald Young's ranking?)

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Calvy said:
tented said:
Calvy said:

Good idea, Calvy. That could help her gain a sense of independence she's currently lacking.

Sometimes tennis-parents are brilliant (Richard Williams is the ultimate example from the current generation), but sometimes they're the biggest impediment to success (what's Donald Young's ranking?)

Even Serena looked out her circle when she needed a new/addition coaching voice or motivation during the latter stages of her career, and the results speak for themselves.