can specific racquet cause pain ?

G

gilh

Hi there,
after many years of not playing tennis I'ved made a "comeback" two years ago,
my racquet was wilson k factor 6.1 head size 95

couples months ago i'ved started to use the Wilson pro staff 6.1 head size 95
and not a long time after that, during & after the game i was feeling pain on my dominant hand .

after a week i return to the k factor & not feeling any pain at all.
when i return again to the pro staff the pain comeback.
my questian is did i choose the "wrong" racquet or it is just a matter of the body has to get use to a new racquet ?

thanks,
Gil.

T

tenniskiosk

gilh said:
Hi there,

and not a long time after that, during & after the game i was feeling pain on my dominant hand .

my questian is did i choose the "wrong" racquet or it is just a matter of the body has to get use to a new racquet ?

thanks,
Gil.
Hi Gil,

In comparison, the Wilson k factor is a heavier racquet than the six one 95. In fact, the six one 95 is the updated version of the k factor 95 and thus it has a more modern feel as compared to the k factor 95. You might have felt that the six one 95 is much faster through the contact zone, and this has caused the player to generate more of his own power. However, in the case of the k factor 95, due to the added heft, it might have been easier to produce power with a loose swing, which might have been what you are used to.

Perhaps the pain could have been due to the need to generate your own power when using the six one 95, and getting used to a lighter racquet might have been another cause of the pain. However, i would say that the Pro Staff line of racquets are pretty difficult to use in general. It is known as the weapon of choice for the all time great Roger Federer but it might not be the right racquet for you if your level of game is not up to a certain standard.

Cheers,
tenniskiosk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks for that, tenniskiosk! You may not get many replies to threads like this but they'll still generate a lot of traffic, people will read and act on your advice...

G

gilh

tenniskiosk said:
gilh said:
Hi there,

thanks,
Gil.
Hi Gil,

In comparison, the Wilson k factor is a heavier racquet than the six one 95. In fact, the six one 95 is the updated version of the k factor 95 and thus it has a more modern feel as compared to the k factor 95. You might have felt that the six one 95 is much faster through the contact zone, and this has caused the player to generate more of his own power. However, in the case of the k factor 95, due to the added heft, it might have been easier to produce power with a loose swing, which might have been what you are used to.

Perhaps the pain could have been due to the need to generate your own power when using the six one 95, and getting used to a lighter racquet might have been another cause of the pain. However, i would say that the Pro Staff line of racquets are pretty difficult to use in general. It is known as the weapon of choice for the all time great Roger Federer but it might not be the right racquet for you if your level of game is not up to a certain standard.

Cheers,
tenniskiosk