Brussels hit by extremists... more deaths

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
Bert, this has everything to do with Islam. The people who assert otherwise simply do not know much about Islam and are unwilling to acknowledge the truth about it even if they get a sniff of it.

There are dozens of Islamic terrorist groups throughout the world. No other religion even comes close to producing the same number of terrorist groups. Here is just a short list:

- Al-Qaeda
- Boko Haram
- Al-Shabaab
- Al-Nusra
- Lashkar-e-Taiba
- ISIS
- Hezbollah
- Hamas

Show me any other religion that produces anything like this in the world today, or has produced it in the past.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Those damn Taoists.

I stand with my call : islamic terrorist and muslims are two distinct groups. These terrorist groups have an interpretation of Islam that is extremist and opportunist. How many of their actions are not in line with Islam rules ?
There are millions of muslims today condemining these attacks. And belive me or not, but I know what I am talking about.

However, once again my original post was not about disserting about muslims, islam, terrorist groups, etc... I just wanted to discuss on how we can prevent this kind of events and how far we are ready to go or let go into our privacy and freedom. This has slipped a bit too far for me.

I agree that everyone can express his opinion but we have to be very careful with brutal conclusions. No one of us knows the ultimate remedy against terrorism otherwise we definitely have nothing to do here on a tennis forum. Better to make ourselves known, don't you think :)

Having said that, I will stick with tennis related threads from now. Anyone who sees me on another thread please kick me out as quick as you can :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I stand with my call : islamic terrorist and muslims are two distinct groups. These terrorist groups have an interpretation of Islam that is extremist and opportunist. How many of their actions are not in line with Islam rules ?
There are millions of muslims today condemining these attacks. And belive me or not, but I know what I am talking about.

However, once again my original post was not about disserting about muslims, islam, terrorist groups, etc... I just wanted to discuss on how we can prevent this kind of events and how far we are ready to go or let go into our privacy and freedom. This has slipped a bit too far for me.

I agree that everyone can express his opinion but we have to be very careful with brutal conclusions. No one of us knows the ultimate remedy against terrorism otherwise we definitely have nothing to do here on a tennis forum. Better to make ourselves known, don't you think :)

Having said that, I will stick with tennis related threads from now. Anyone who sees me on another thread please kick me out as quick as you can :)
Hey Bert,
Please keep expressing your views here if you want to. Font pay any attention whatsoever to Calitennis if you find his style aggressive. Unfortunately he's one of those people probably a young kid who mistakes obnoxiousness as intellectual authority. I think most of us here who don't have distasteful political agendas make the distinction between Islam and these jihadists

Reactions: Bert

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Bert,
Please keep expressing your views here if you want to. Font pay any attention whatsoever to Calitennis if you find his style aggressive. Unfortunately he's one of those people probably a young kid who mistakes obnoxiousness as intellectual authority. I think most of us here who don't have distasteful political agendas make the distinction between Islam and these jihadists

And you make that distinction out of ignorance. You cannot refute any of my arguments, so you have to attack my tone, which is justifiably annoyed at your ignorance.

Your political agenda is the one that is facilitating the deaths of thousands of people around the world at the hands of jihadists. For over 20 years they have been pulling off these attacks and the response of people like you is the same set of mindless, ignorant, irrational cliches. That is ultimately more distasteful than anything else. My ideas are not resulting in the deaths of people at the hands of jihadists every week; yours are.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
And you make that distinction out of ignorance. You cannot refute any of my arguments, so you have to attack my tone, which is justifiably annoyed at your ignorance.

Your political agenda is the one that is facilitating the deaths of thousands of people around the world at the hands of jihadists. For over 20 years they have been pulling off these attacks and the response of people like you is the same set of mindless, ignorant, irrational cliches. That is ultimately more distasteful than anything else. My ideas are not resulting in the deaths of people at the hands of jihadists every week; yours are.

I'm going to try to help you here. So you can perhaps cool your temper. I don't feel the need to refute your rants. I barely read what you write. Learn to be civil and perhaps I might bother to pay more attention to you. On the face of it some of the things you write are quite interesting, but your inability to interact in a mature way makes it a joyless task. For the life of me I can't understand how you can invest so much emotion in a debate on a web-forum. Is your life that empty of stimulus?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I'm going to try to help you here. So you can perhaps cool your temper. I don't feel the need to refute your rants. I barely read what you write. Learn to be civil and perhaps I might bother to pay more attention to you. On the face of it some of the things you write are quite interesting, but your inability to interact in a mature way makes it a joyless task. For the life of me I can't understand how you can invest so much emotion in a debate on a web-forum. Is your life that empty of stimulus?

Federberg, you possess the trademark quality of contemporary white post-Christians in both Europe and America in that you are addicted to meaningless psychobabble as a replacement of Christianity. The lexicon of your moral vocabulary includes words like "empathy", "inclusiveness", and "insecurity". You assume that if someone disagrees with you or is petulant, then they must be searching for something in their lives or they must be "insecure". What makes it even funnier is that you claim to defend blacks, when in black culture passionate ego clashes in music and athletics happen regularly. Among black people - and you would know if you were ever around them in ordinary settings - people being passionate is seen as entertaining, liberating, exuberant, and funny. Among stale white people like yourself, such a temperament is regarded as not only unpleasant, but indicative of a psychological malady.

I don't blame you for not reading my posts. They refute everything you say. But, to answer your question, my life is so full of stimulus that I never have a bored moment. Thank you very much. Now you can return to your pusillanimous white man world of reading factually incorrect BBC articles about Islamic history.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

None. Their actions are fully justified by the hadiths as well as the mainstream schools of Islamic law. You just have to take some time and read them.

There are millions of muslims today condemining these attacks.

Actually, what most of them condemn is "terrorism" per se. If you actually ask Muslims what they mean by "terrorism" when they condemn it (instead of putting words in their mouths like Federberg does), they will tell you that they define terrorism as "killing innocents". When you ask what it means to "kill innocents", they will refer to the killing of Muslims by Israel, the United States, and other Western governments. Their definition of "terrorism" is not your definition of "terrorism".

In Islam, there is also a doctrine known as al-Taqiyya. It sanctions lying to infidels to advance the cause of Islam. There are multiple Qu'ranic verses which establish al-Taqiyya. Muslims in the West make very liberal use of this policy to deceive the likes of Federberg, Moxie, and yourself.

And belive me or not, but I know what I am talking about.

Everyone believes that they know what they are talking about. You are not the only one. Even Barack Obama does. That doesn't prove anything.

These kinds of events will never be prevented until it becomes widely accepted that mainstream (not radical or extremist) Islam justifies these actions and that Islamic advocacy organizations in the West need to be shut down. Anyone preaching jihad or shariah in mosques is not exercising reasonable free speech, but is to be deported immediately to a shariah paradise like Saudi Arabia. Regular Muslims can stay but only if they renounce all connection to subversive Islamic advocacy groups and terrorist organizations.

Otherwise, get ready for another 15 years and probably more of major attacks.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is excellent analysis on this attack by Robert Spencer, a man who knows a great deal about Islam but is neglected by people unwilling to consider the truth. Notice his remarks on Tashfeen Malik and how she passed 5 criminal background checks before entering the U.S. So much for President Obama's assurance that the so-called Syrian so-called refugees can be vetted:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The main issue with border controls is that it's largely irrelevant if the perpetrators are not immigrants but natives who get radicalised. Pretty hard to deport people if they never came from anywhere.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brussels attacks: Six arrested by Belgian police while Paris raid foils attack in 'advanced stages'

Paris and Brussels attacks carried out by 'same Isil cell'

The Belgian authorities have faced severe criticism for failing to follow up a warning from Turkey about Ibrahim El Bakraoui, one of the suicide bombers responsible for the attacks in Brussels.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...port-metro-news-Salah-Abdeslam-Isil-live.html

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This morning French police arrested a guy who prepared some new attacks in Paris, he's a friend of Abaaoud. Don't know if he knows Abdelsam but I'ld not be surprised if he did

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Terrible things, it seems like every week there are terrorist attacks somewhere. It's so sad that that the world has come to this.

There was one in Baghdad at a soccer stadium, 41 dead and 105 injured today. :(

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Terrible things, it seems like every week there are terrorist attacks somewhere. It's so sad that that the world has come to this.

There was one in Baghdad at a soccer stadium, 41 dead and 105 injured today. :(
Thanks for mentioning that one, Billie. And I don't know if anyone mentioned the ones just previous in Istanbul and Ankhara, Turkey. We have to call them all out, and be saddened by them all.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thanks for mentioning that one, Billie. And I don't know if anyone mentioned the ones just previous in Istanbul and Ankhara, Turkey. We have to call them all out, and be saddened by them all.

Absolutely, innocent people minding their own business getting killed by some fanatics is sad no matter where it happens.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Absolutely, innocent people minding their own business getting killed by some fanatics is sad no matter where it happens.
Exactly. And it won't get solved by division, but by cohesion. Muslim states are much more damaged by Al Qaeda and ISIL than the West. We must treat them as rogues, not States. We must stay together with actual States in our fight. And not paint Muslim's with one brush. It's complicated, but I can't believe we can't solve it, with global effort.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Exactly. And it won't get solved by division, but by cohesion. Muslim states are much more damaged by Al Qaeda and ISIL than the West. We must treat them as rogues, not States. We must stay together with actual States in our fight. And not paint Muslim's with one brush. It's complicated, but I can't believe we can't solve it, with global effort.

Pure nonsense. Muslim states do not have a problem with ISIS. This is a fact-free myth perpetrated by anti-Christian people in the West who want to love Islam because it isn't Christianity. If Muslim countries truly detested ISIS, they would be fielding armies on their own and trying to conquer it. They aren't lifting a finger to stop it, except for Iran (led by a Shiite regime) and Syria (led by an Alawite-secular regime that Obama stupidly has been undermining). Sunni governments have no problems with ISIS from a theological standpoint. They see it as justified in fighting against what they consider to be "oppression".

The problem is Islamic doctrine per se and the example of Muhammad. For anyone who thinks that most Muslims abhor ISIS and support Western values, I suggest reading this article:

Belgian cops asked Muslims for help in finding jihad bombers and were ignored

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uthorities.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Unfortunately, President Obama as well as the Republican morons (Jeb, Kasich, Max Boot) who repeatedly insist that these actions have nothing to do with Islamic teaching are only enabling the slaughtering of more innocent people throughout the world.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The main issue with border controls is that it's largely irrelevant if the perpetrators are not immigrants but natives who get radicalised. Pretty hard to deport people if they never came from anywhere.

Agreed, but Abaaoud snuck into France illegally from Belgium, and lack of border control does not help matters at all. It will only make intelligence gathering much more difficult.

Eventually things will get to the point that large numbers of Muslims will have to be deported from Western countries and sent to the Middle East, whether they were born in Europe or in the Middle East. Bob Baer indicated this on CNN after the Paris attacks, when he said that the only rational solution to this problem is mass detainment and deportation but that it isn't palatable. It is very unfortunate that things have gotten to that point but the situation is so out of control that there will be no other choice.

Paris and Brussels were the only beginning.....European churches will be targeted next, much to the delight of stupid gay rights activists who hate Christianity. But it is only a matter of time until massive public gatherings are hit and at that point the slow-to-the-game nincompoops will finally begin to study Islam and understand where the real problem is.

I must say that I find it quite amusing that the people in the West who have rejected their Christian ancestry are now utterly helpless and futile in combating Islamic jihadism. The jihadists are absolutely owning the leaders of the EU and the US. Embarrassing them and making them look like children, or impotent gays in the case of that hideous goofball John Kerry. To draw a tennis analogy, ISIS is Djokovic and the likes of Obama and the EU leaders are Raonic.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Unfortunately, President Obama as well as the Republican morons (Jeb, Kasich, Max Boot) who repeatedly insist that these actions have nothing to do with Islamic teaching are only enabling the slaughtering of more innocent people throughout the world.

Maybe they want to justify why they support extremists in some countries and fight them in others. Call me crazy but I really don't know what are their levels of extremes and how they decide who they support and where. One thing I know is that the policies and politics are not good for ordinary people.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe they want to justify why they support extremists in some countries and fight them in others. Call me crazy but I really don't know what are their levels of extremes and how they decide who they support and where. One thing I know is that the policies and politics are not good for ordinary people.

Western leaders have such a contempt for Christianity that they will infinitely rationalize for Islam. I am always amused by this John Kasich line that "we need Muslim allies to fight the extremists".

Allow me to pose this question to the board: is there seriously one person here who thinks that the Kuwaitis, Emiratis, Saudis, Egyptians, Jordanians, or Pakistanis are bothered one bit by the way ISIS treats Christians and Yazidis? Does anyone seriously believe that?

Reactions: teddytennisfan