Pray for Brussels and belgian people

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My heat goes to Belgium and their people, I hope they'll stay strong and continue to live their lives
We are all belgian today

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's right, Isabelle, it could be anywhere in the western world suffering this terrorist attack. I hope that this particular attack is over and they bring the perpetrators to justice...

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
446b6bb32c93e2ad1aee293df9b2f753.jpg

384931581bfd8df33d227e2a0ac37520.jpg

113d843356ff18d883bcf435674d345b.jpg

d0749673774c01c81e342436b86c4b4a.jpg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting take on this.

By the way, I'm not one who thinks that we have to react to every terror attack in the whole world in the exactly same way each time. I think those cartoons above are silly, more than anything, and not exactly laced with much insight as to why people who may have family, friends and work in Brussels would be more shocked by this attack than they would be by an attack in a place they're wholly unfamiliar with...

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Kieran said:
Interesting take on this.

By the way, I'm not one who thinks that we have to react to every terror attack in the whole world in the exactly same way each time. I think those cartoons above are silly, more than anything, and not exactly laced with much insight as to why people who may have family, friends and work in Brussels would be more shocked by this attack than they would be by an attack in a place they're wholly unfamiliar with...

My friend, point is that "all other people" which doesn't have anyone in Brussels (let's call them "absolute neutrals") for sure would and will "react/got shocked/etc" (at least and unfortunately mostly online) to terrorist attacks in for example Paris than in for example Ankara and Lahore (where 72 people, mostly women and children were killed). Not to even mention "all around" Africa/Middle East attacks (estimated death toll measured in thousands per year... deaths/injuries/child kidnappings/child raping/child mutilations/etc).

Whatever you (and all those mass media/online "journalists/researchers/etc") want to call it my friend... That's pure western hypocrisy ;) nothing else. No "psychological/ethnic/historical/scientific" mambo jumbo can counter a fact that we only got "all around the globe/unity/love/condolences hype" when some western city was attacked!!!???
Everything else is "5 minute news"... between new iPhones and Galaxies!!!???

If you really think that's "fair/ok/online explainable/etc" you my friend have some prejudices (not to mention some scarier words)... Nothing else.
And btw YES you HAVE to react to every single attack worldwide because you supposed to be human being!!!???

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's just an inferiority complex, masquerading as self-righteousness. A Little World view, obsessed with the west, in need of it, always. Sentimentalising things just so you can attack.

You know full well that the citizens of an African country which neighbours one that's suffered a terrorist attack would care more for their neighbours than they would for Brussels. You know that the denizens of the Phillipines would find more common ground with their neighbours in Vietnam if a great evil occurred there, than they would with some faraway place. You're just erring too much on the side of anti-west rhetorical cliche. I get bored hearing these faux-critiques of the west.

Everybody slates the west - and everybody wants to live here... :cover

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Kieran said:
That's just an inferiority complex, masquerading as self-righteousness. A Little World view, obsessed with the west, in need of it, always. Sentimentalising things just so you can attack.

You know full well that the citizens of an African country which neighbours one that's suffered a terrorist attack would care more for their neighbours than they would for Brussels. You know that the denizens of the Phillipines would find more common ground with their neighbours in Vietnam if a great evil occurred there, than they would with some faraway place. You're just erring too much on the side of anti-west rhetorical cliche. I get bored hearing these faux-critiques of the west.

My friend I live in top 5 (economically, liberally and everything else) country in he world ;) so your "analogy" is funny at least ;)
And that good old "western god complex" (inferiority complex, everyone wanna live there, blah, blah, blah...) is even funnier :)
Sentimentalizing!!!??? That's exactly what the "western mass media" do when there is a problem in "their backyard"... Like I said, everything else is just "5 minute news" between "consume and obey" usual crap ;)
Are you a Trump supporter???

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
dante1976 said:
Kieran said:

My friend I live in top 5 (economically, liberally and everything else) country in he world ;) so your "analogy" is funny at least ;)
And that good old "western god complex" (inferiority complex, everyone wanna live there, blah, blah, blah...) is even funnier :)
Sentimentalizing!!!??? That's exactly what the "western mass media" do when there is a problem in "their backyard"... Like I said, everything else is just "5 minute news" between "consume and obey" usual crap ;)

You have my pity on the Top 5 "liberally." ;)

I don't mind genuine criticism of any place, but your spiel is cliched, and misplaced. Probably tapped out on your Top 5 Smart phone, too, from a coffee lounge somewhere nice and bright and cosy. Remember, Isabelle began this thread: Isabelle is from Paris. Belgium is her neighbouring country. Murat asked that we remember Turkey, which of course is valid. You didn't need all the teenage rebel stuff though, with cartoons etc, is basically attention seeking, and does display an inferiority complex, whether or not you understand why...

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
dante1976 said:
Kieran said:

I don't mind genuine criticism of any place, but your spiel is cliched, and misplaced. Probably tapped out on your Top 5 Smart phone, too, from a coffee lounge somewhere nice and bright and cosy. Remember, Isabelle began this thread: Isabelle is from Paris. Belgium is her neighbouring country. Murat asked that we remember Turkey, which of course is valid. You didn't need all the teenage rebel stuff though, with cartoons etc, is basically attention seeking, and does display an inferiority complex, whether or not you understand why...

Absolutely my dear, I went to Belgium several times, Belgian are like our "brothers", we have the same mother tongue language, a lot of common points that's probably why I started this thread, moreover some French people passed in Brussels attacks

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Speaking of Brussels, what makes it even sadder is that this one was preventable. Turkey deported these guys, told the Dutch and Belgian authorities these guys have ties to terrorist cells. Belgian authorities let one of them go. They dropped the ball big time.

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Kieran said:
dante1976 said:
Kieran said:

Inferiority complex again!!!??? Teenage rebel stuff!!!??? Wrote a man with how many posts here ;)
People like you would never understand (and btw that's really sad) why you should always equal tragedy.

And what Murat said, all of that was preventable but everyone seems to care only when/if it happens... Selectively when it happens "in their backyard", for a couple of days, mostly online and until next time!!!??? Instead of DOING SOMETHING USEFUL to prevent this terror we are actually just waiting until it happens and then light up the buildings, tweet (post/whatever online) about it with "generic" condolences, etc... until next attack!!!??? Very "mature" global behavior isn't it!!!???

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Speaking of Brussels, what makes it even sadder is that this one was preventable. Turkey deported these guys, told the Dutch and Belgian authorities these guys have ties to terrorist cells. Belgian authorities let one of them go. They dropped the ball big time.

That seems to be the case, tragically. The intelligence agencies have done a lot of work behind the scenes limiting the damage these people do, but this was a case where it was handed to them and they dropped it. You can't stop every maniac who's out to get you, but this one may have been avoidable...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox World Affairs 42