BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2023 - WTA 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching highlights of some of the womens matches ( as I was called into work today after D.Collins match, hopefully I will be able to get the week end off)

Good win from Emma Raducanu 62 63 over Krovinic due to the reports she had re-injured her wrist again, I saw her in practice with her wrist strapped.
One of my favorite players to watch, pity she has been on the side lines with injury at times in her career, great variety in her game, Muchova defeated Putinstseva in 3 sets 63 46 64, hopefully she can stay fit in this tournament, she has been having abdominal issues again.
Sofia Kenin defeated Sloane Stepens 64 61, Sloane faded in the 2nd

Donna refused to shake hands at the net due to some gamesmanship issues she had with her opponent.
Y'all has given Donna too much credit too. Remind me what's her claims to game? Stan ?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Y'all has given Donna too much credit too. Remind me what's her claims to game? Stan ?
Her claims to game is that she is a way better player than you and I combined will ever be :). She's my fellow croatian. I follow all croatian players despite their rankings. Donna won a tournament last week, beat Garcia in a final. I think she is a decent tennis player.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Good win from the 18 yr old Czech player Linda Noskova defeating the No 31 seed Amanda Anisimova 76(6) 63 . Linda will face Coco Gauff next match
This is going to be an interesting match. The future of women's tennis is in good hands with Gauff and Noskova. The match will take place on Monday, Gauff's 19th birthday.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Her claims to game is that she is a way better player than you and I combined will ever be :). She's my fellow croatian. I follow all croatian players despite their rankings. Donna won a tournament last week, beat Garcia in a final. I think she is a decent tennis player.
Donna has been in the 'tennis wilderness' for sometime, due to the fact she had injuries, she has found her game again this year, yes she won a tournament just recently against Garcia,hopefully Donna can stay healthy, sad to say she has never got past the 2nd round at IW.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Donna refused to shake hands at the net due to some gamesmanship issues she had with her opponent.
Reason, because her opponent is from Ukraine, that is what I heard from commentators, after the match, I dont know if that is the correct truth? others say she was pretending to be injured....

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is going to be an interesting match. The future of women's tennis is in good hands with Gauff and Noskova. The match will take place on Monday, Gauff's 19th birthday.
I dont know if these 2 are the future of womens tennis, there are a lot of other players that fit that bill. I expect Coco to win, she has more experienced on the tour than Linda

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saturday matches 11th March,

Defending champion Iga Swiatek (1) starts her defence against Claire Liu
Elena Rybakina (10) vs WC Sofia Kenin
Bianca Andreescu (32) vs WC Peyton Stearns
Magda Linette (20) vs Emma Raducanu
Victoria Azarenka (14) vs Karolina Muchova
Ons Jabeur (4) makes her return from knee surgery vs LL Magdalena Frech
Caroline Garcia (5) vs LL Dalma Galfi
Madison Keys (19) vs Sorana Cirstea
Leylah Fernandez (30) vs WC Emma Navarro

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's what Croatians say, the ones who watched the match. I can't tell, I didn't watch.
I was watching 2 matches at once and I didnt see the end, just flicked over at the end, that must be the case then she was pretending to be injured. There is always conjecture when a player dosent shake hands at the end of any match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was watching 2 matches at once and I didnt see the end, just flicked over at the end, that must be the case then she was pretending to be injured. There is always conjecture when a player dosent shake hands at the end of any match.
Don,
A bit more information regarding why there was no handshake at the net, the last time they played apparently Tsurenko did retire in their match, some people said she was pretending to be injured in that match

Reactions: don_fabio

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
As @tossip would say, Scone is absolutely maddening. I saw most of the match last night and I don't know what Francesco saw that would lead him to believe he can help her turn it around. Gone are the days of getting to the latter stage of any tournament w/ her. He'll have to watch Nads previous matches on UTUBE to see the end of a tournament again from the players box. :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
Scone is a spendforce ,and her chances of winning big events is fading fast.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Madga Linette may have the ' shot of the year' against Emma Raducanu
"Overhead off of an overhead" something you don't see every day lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marketa Vondrousova showed no mercy towards her fellow Czech player Marie Bouzkova (28) defeating her 61 61
Good win for Karolina Muchova 76(1) 63 against a Sunshine Double champ in Victoria Azarenka (14), hopefully Karolina can stay healthy after all the time she has taken off the tour due to injuries.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Scone is a spendforce ,and her chances of winning big events is fading fast.
Okay this might be 'left field' Scone wouldnt be pregnant would she? might be a reason she is showing soo much disinterest in tennis,

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Okay this might be 'left field' Scone wouldnt be pregnant would she? might be a reason she is showing soo much disinterest in tennis,
I just hope that her man is not cheating on her.I never see her man at her matches and let's all is well at home.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
B.Pera d L.Samsonova (12) 26 76(8) 76(6)
E. Raducanu d M.Linette (20) 76(3) 62
V.Gracheva d P.Martic (25) 63 62

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elena Rybakina (10) survives a tough battle against WC Sofia Kenin 76 (6) 76 (5) it appears Michael Joyce was a good appointment as a coach from Kenin, interesting to see after Miami if this will be a permanent arrangement

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It tok 3 sets for Bianca Amdreescu to defeat American WC Stearns who came out swinging, 46 64 64 and her reward is a date with the No 1 player Swiatek