BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2022 - WTA 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
2 more seeds so far have lost today at IW

S.Rogers defeated the No 10 seed J.Ostapenko 75 76(7)

D.Saville defeated the No 9 seed Ons Jabeur 75 67(0) 64
WTH, Ostapenko was hotter than a depo stovetop. Really surprised at the results

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Consistency has always been a problem for Ostapenko
Saville has been off the tour after having achilles surgery..surprised that she defeated Jabeur
Ostapenko was consistently playing for almost 3 weeks .. maybe she is tired

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad to see Amanda Anisimova retire in her match against Leylah Fernandez (18) appears to be some type of virus,she was in tears when she lost the t/break in the 2nd set to love,though played well in the 1st set 62

L.Fernandez wins by retirement 26 76(0)

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad to see Amanda Anisimova retire in her match against Leylah Fernandez (18) appears to be some type of virus,she was in tears when she lost the t/break in the 2nd set to love,though played well in the 1st set 62

L.Fernandez wins by retirement 26 76(0)
First win by Miss Lil Bit in a while..if she ever regains her form..it will be good for the WTA

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Official statement for the retirement of Amanda Anisimova.....illness.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka down a double break 1st set...her ball toss needs to be adjusted ASAP it is too low for starters,causing DFs and lets
Kudermetova has come out playing strong and very offensive and has sent a strong message to Osaka.

Kudermetova wins the 1st set 60 a wonderful set of tennis,she has a complete game,slice,spin,can absorb the pace of Osaka's shots
At the start of this match someone yelled out something to ,Osaka was offended by it,she complained to the umpire in tears mind you,she should tell the crowd to be quiet.Osaka needs to be able to shut out the crowd and focus on her tennis.One of the breaks she again went to the umpire and complained. again( from what I am now hearing the person yelled out Naomi you suck)

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Osaka down a double break 1st set...her ball toss needs to be adjusted ASAP it is too low for starters,causing DFs and lets
Kudermetova has come out playing strong and very offensive and has sent a strong message to Osaka.

Kudermetova wins the 1st set 60 a wonderful set of tennis,she has a complete game,slice,spin,can absorb the pace of Osaka's shots
At the start of this match someone yelled out something to ,Osaka was offended by it,she complained to the umpire in tears mind you,she should tell the crowd to be quiet.Osaka needs to be able to shut out the crowd and focus on her tennis.One of the breaks she again went to the umpire and complained. again( from what I am now hearing the person yelled out Naomi you suck)
Exactly right. They weren't talking about Veronika. They yelled out Naomi, you suck and she can't handle it. She then asked the umpire to have the person removed and the chair said she didn't hear what was said so she couldn't get involved in that situation. Then Naomi asked if she could use the microphone to address the crowd. WTH! You are supposed to be playing a match. Just who does she think she is? No one is going to give you a mic so you can address the crowd, that's not your place. Then she started crying when trying to serve. It's absolutely ridiculous. She has turned into a big crybaby. She needs to develop a tougher skin and quickly. :mad:

Reactions: tossip and Tenfan63

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly right. They weren't talking about Veronika. They yelled out Naomi, you suck and she can't handle it. She then asked the umpire to have the person removed and the chair said she didn't hear what was said so she couldn't get involved in that situation. Then Naomi asked if she could use the microphone to address the crowd. WTH! You are supposed to be playing a match. Just who does she think she is? No one is going to give you a mic so you can address the crowd, that's not your place. Then she started crying when trying to serve. It's absolutely ridiculous. She has turned into a big crybaby. She needs to develop a tougher skin and quickly. :mad:
Agree 100% when things dont go her way she bursts into tears? ,toughen up young lady and stop using the 'mental thing. that card has had its use by date!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know someone that is at Naomi's match tonight I will be interested in his thoughts
Also I feel she is unfit,she looks chunky to me,no I am not 'body shaming' at all
It looks like she has not trained in the gym or done much cardio work to date