BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2022 - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2nd ladies semi final match

Paula Badosa v Maria Sakkari
One of my favorite umpires The Voice aka Kader Nouni is on this match
Both ladies lost their opening service games,hopefully the nerves now will disappear and will settled down with their respective games
Paula looks flat to me
Sakkari has hit her straps and being very aggressive,I must say her serve has improved over the last year or so,still it can be a thorn in her side.
Sakkari comes back from being love 30 down and consolidates her break and leads 4-1
After losing her first service game,Sakkari has played an impressive first set of tennis winning 6-2, not letting Paula into the match at all.
BTW it is bit hard to concentrate on the match as Paula's BF has taken off his sloppy joe and is wearing a sleeveless tee shirt,yes he does work out :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What a difference when you find your first serve on a consistent basis and suddenly the rest of your game starts clicking?
That is what has happened to Badosa in the 2nd set she leads 4-2...she has controlled her ground shots more,her first serve is clicking and has cut down on the UFE from the 1st set and produced more winners as well.Badosa had only 2 winners in the 1st set
Badosa will now serve 5-4 for the 2nd set
Badosa wins the 2nd set 64 we are going into a 3rd set....good turnaround from the defending champion.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Early break from Sakkari....BTW her hair is too long for a top notch...I want to get a pair of scissors and chop it off!
Badosa with a great fhand down the line passing shot breaks back.
Sakkari who has been the more aggressor of the two players in this match breaks back
Sakkari consolidates and leads 4-1 3rd set
Sakkari with another break and will serve for the match 5-1....Badosa too many UFE and she became too passive in the final set

Sakkari defeated Badosa 62 46 61....to play in the final at IW,,Maria deserved the win,she was the aggressor all match and kept to her game plan

Well done Maria!

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Indian Wells Results for SF Day 10 - Friday, March 18, 2022

1647666551299.png

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Was watching Iga's match this morning and I must say she's good. And btw no shame in losing to the finalist (from Tausons point of view). A Polish #1 in the near future - we'll see won't we
Swiatek i finalen.jpg

Stats.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Early break from Sakkari....BTW her hair is too long for a top notch...I want to get a pair of scissors and chop it off!
Badosa with a great fhand down the line passing shot breaks back.
Sakkari who has been the more aggressor of the two players in this match breaks back
Sakkari consolidates and leads 4-1 3rd set
Sakkari with another break and will serve for the match 5-1....Badosa too many UFE and she became too passive in the final set

Sakkari defeated Badosa 62 46 61....to play in the final at IW,this will be Maria's biggest final of her career,Maria deserved the win,she was the aggressor all match and kept to her game plan

Well done Maria!
The young Greek chick or as Kelli refers to her the Greek Goddess took Badosa out for a swim in the Aegean Sea last night. When they got to the deepest part of the sea, Badosa drowned while the young Greek was able to swim back and run a marathon back to Athens.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP I do not give Sabalenka consideration Ever okay.I know your still upset with me because I said I would rather have Rafa skip MC this year,stuffing up your plans to see him...:)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to the unseeded doubles pair Y.XU/Z.Zhang who are the Doubles Champions in IW defeating the 7th seeds A.Muhammad/E.Shibahara in a tight match 75 76(4)....added bonus in this match Kader Nouni aka The Voice was the umpire.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to the unseeded doubles pair Y.XU/Z.Zhang who are the Doubles Champions in IW defeating the 7th seeds A.Muhammad/E.Shibahara in a tight match 75 76(4)....added bonus in this match Kader Nouni aka The Voice was the umpire.
Funny you mentioned Kadar..I just replied back to your other message..You know you fancy Saba jajaja

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz's game has improved. The Big haired guy is getting all he can handle.