Big Four Outlooks - Optimistic, Pessimistic, Realistic

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't want to nit-pick this, sid, but all I mean is that most of the time he plays more on a level with Tsonga, Berdych, etc - not that he is a second tier player overall. Clearly he is a far superior player to those guys, at least over the last few years.

Actually, one player he reminds me a bit of is Marat Safin, who was also capable of a very high level of play - but only on occasion. What separated Safin from being a great wasn't ability, or the level he was capable of, it was his inability to get to that level with regularity. Stan has been far more consistent since 2013 than Marat ever was, but he is similar in that regard.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Safin liked his hoes too lol :snicker He lived a party lifestyle. Come to think of it, Stan is banging a teenager so there are some parallels alright!

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
I don't want to nit-pick this, sid, but all I mean is that most of the time he plays more on a level with Tsonga, Berdych, etc - not that he is a second tier player overall. Clearly he is a far superior player to those guys, at least over the last few years.

Actually, one player he reminds me a bit of is Marat Safin, who was also capable of a very high level of play - but only on occasion. What separated Safin from being a great wasn't ability, or the level he was capable of, it was his inability to get to that level with regularity. Stan has been far more consistent since 2013 than Marat ever was, but he is similar in that regard.

Far superior player to those guys i agree with you 100%,a guy who has three Slams could never be second tier player,even if thay came to Stan late.Every chance he might add on his Slams,Masters is not so good,i think he's only won one,but don't hold me 2 that.Btw you have not added him on your Slams chat:snicker in other threads.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Assuming Novak doesn't return to a previous high level (be it 2014 or 2016 level), I have some skepticism that Andy wins two slams in a year. Every time Andy has one wimbledon, he loses early (relatively speaking) in the next slam. Unless he wins the A.O. and has six months for the pressure to slide off, I don't see him winning two slams in a year.