Australian Open Final: Rafael Nadal (9) v Roger Federer (17)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Cosmo

Club Member
Reactions
Now we can all get some zzzzs. See y'all at Outback for dinner :) :)

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It does not surprise me he's crying; this has got to be the most meaningful against his nemesis, winning in the fifth and his family being there--kids too

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very happy for Roger--he's a great guy

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Likely last hurrah for Roger..I hope Rafa still has a few more in him. Back for a kip. Thanks for the chat, all!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ i don't remember kyrgios saying that. What'd he say exactly? He's usually respectful of Roger as he is his idol.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ i don't remember kyrgios saying that. What'd he say exactly? He's usually respectful of Roger as he is his idol.

Roger made a mistake in a press conference where he implied that kyrgios hadn't really progressed. In actual fact he was around 20 in the rankings. And kyrgios hit back immediately saying that Roger was past it and wasn't a challenge to Novak anymore. There was no need for it. Instead of escalating he should have spoken to Roger about it. Federer came back immediately and apologised saying he had got it completely wrong, but there was no need for Nick to go there in the first place

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger Federer bt Rafa Nadal 6-4 3-6 6-1 3-6 6-3

C3VznY3UEAA9g99.jpg

Match Highlights:

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger made a mistake in a press conference where he implied that kyrgios hadn't really progressed. In actual fact he was around 20 in the rankings. And kyrgios hit back immediately saying that Roger was past it and wasn't a challenge to Novak anymore. There was no need for it. Instead of escalating he should have spoken to Roger about it. Federer came back immediately and apologised saying he had got it completely wrong, but there was no need for Nick to go there in the first place

I think that may have been Tomic. Roger said some things about Kyrgios before this event that weren't great and Kyrgios said he was disappointed and mentioned that he is 1-0 vs. Roger but that was it.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
On a spiteful note... I recall Kyrgios disrespecting Roger last year. Pretty much calling him an also ran. Learn respect you little pr1ck and win a few titles before you start talking smack

I am pretty sure it was Tomic too, as Twisted said, and I am tolerating more Kyrgios. But right now we are allowed to say whatever we want. Yeah, bloody prick.

Reactions: Federberg