Australian Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I told you she would need that doub break to get out of dodge.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
let's review the match stats from Eurosport online...

look at that young Ukrainian hot more than double amount of winners and still loses. Coco lucky to get out of that match with a win. Can she find her "A" game in the semis?

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sabalenka wins in straights: 6-2, 6-3. This sets up a Sabalenka-Gauff meeting in the semifinals. The #2 world ranking will be on the line.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I find women's tennis, especially at the slams, more enjoyable than men's tennis. At the root of it all, the Bo3 format makes it harder for a player to just dominate the slams. Plus, in the Bo5 format of men's tennis, some of the matches drag on way too long.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didnt think Saba would have any trouble with Babs, and she didnt, because Novak's match went longer for a day session both ladies were asked if they wanted to start their match on Margaret Court Arena, both said no.
Saba has been playing 'lights out tennis' and she will have to have a 'off day' if she is going to lose this GS she has her eyes on the prize at present she is playing in a different leaque than the rest of the players left in the draw., at times she has just been 'unplayable'
Saba has just spent 5hrs 13mins on court so far. Her winners/unforced errors differential +28.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Saba yes is the player to beat,and she has moments when she gets nervous and becomes error prone. Coco makes her nervous especially after their final in NY.She knows Coco is not scared of her and can run down her shots and make her hit an extra ball.I am 50-50 on these two because of their recent history.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba yes is the player to beat,and she has moments when she gets nervous and becomes error prone. Coco makes her nervous especially after their final in NY.She knows Coco is not scared of her and can run down her shots and make her hit an extra ball.I am 50-50 on these two because of their recent history.
I have to go on their present matches in their QFs, Coco was a Hot Mess and I hope I dont see that Coco in their SF, her serve, fhand let her down big time, when she is playing her game, yes she can defeat Saba, though at present going on Saba's form I cant see that happening, unless Saba's Evil Twin turns up on the court.

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.