Australian Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have to go on their present matches in their QFs, Coco was a Hot Mess and I hope I dont see that Coco in their SF, her serve, fhand let her down big time, when she is playing her game, yes she can defeat Saba, though at present going on Saba's form I cant see that happening, unless Saba's Evil Twin turns up on the court.
Her evil twin always shows up and she
starts pressing . Kalinskaya is also very good and might find herself in the final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Her evil twin always shows up and she
starts pressing . Kalinskaya is also very good and might find herself in the final.
At present Saba's Evil Twin hasnt shown up, even though Kaya has improved at the AO, I dont think at this stage she can match it with Saba's fire power off both wings, she will have to return her serve on a consistent level through the match, if they did both make the final. I am not dismissing Coco, though you must agree with me she has to improve all levels of her game in her SF match aginst Saba to make it a competitive one

Reactions: tossip

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_5623.jpeg

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
At present Saba's Evil Twin hasnt shown up, even though Kaya has improved at the AO, I dont think at this stage she can match it with Saba's fire power off both wings, she will have to return her serve on a consistent level through the match, if they did both make the final. I am not dismissing Coco, though you must agree with me she has to improve all levels of her game in her SF match aginst Saba to make it a competitive one
Saba has 100%chance of repeating,and it's match by match and matchups.I want Coco to make the match competitive and not let her opponent dictate the rhythm of the match.If Coco makes the match as close as possible,we know Saba gets tight.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba has 100%chance of repeating,and it's match by match and matchups.I want Coco to make the match competitive and not let her opponent dictate the rhythm of the match.If Coco makes the match as close as possible,we know Saba gets tight.
Well this is a great stat for Saba
First woman to reach 6 straights Major Semis since Serena Wiliams! such a consistent stat,
I too want the SF to be competitive and I hope that mess of a match that Coco had in her QF was just a 'one off' she is a GS champion and she knows she has to 'step it up..." at the business end of a GS

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The young ones are playing Noskova and Yestremska .A lot of hard-hitting tennis...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think I said this before with Linda her movement can be exposed and Yestremska has done that well so far in this match, both big hitters, I feel Yestremska
has a better return game, at present, I feel Linda needs to improve her movement going forward in her career
BTW I wonder who Sasha Bajin is coaching now, remember he did coach Yestremska at one time

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think I said this before with Linda her movement can be exposed and Yestremska has done that well so far in this match, both big hitters, I feel Yestremska
has a better return game, at present, I feel Linda needs to improve her movement going forward in her career
BTW I wonder who Sasha Bajin is coaching now, remember he did coach Yestremska at one time
he coached her before she got busted for doping

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yestremska will serve for the match 5-4 and a spot in the SF, she has come through quaifers as well, a very good result

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yestremska Q d Noskova 63 64 to make her first GS SF well done and also to Linda getting to a QF in a GS event

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dayana is the first Qualifer to reach the AO SF since Christine Matison in 1975
Dayana has won 8 matches in a row!
Back in Top 30 when the new rankings come out on Monday

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip,

Guess who I saw in the stands at RLA remember Red Foo? he is a tennis tragic, wasnt he thinking of trying to make it as a tennis player one time? I remember he supported Vika and they were very good friends, well apparently he has brought his new girl friend to Aussie for the tennis, yes he still has the 'hair' lol!

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tossip,

Guess who I saw in the stands at RLA remember Red Foo? he is a tennis tragic, wasnt he thinking of trying to make it as a tennis player one time? I remember he supported Vika and they were very good friends, well apparently he has brought his new girl friend to Aussie for the tennis, yes he still has the 'hair' lol!
Vika played good tennis when she was dating him.I guess he wants some camera time since his career stagnated.

Status
Not open for further replies.