Australian Open 2024 - Men's Draw Challenge

And just for fun, why not a poll? Who ya got?

• Medvedev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Shelton (for a particular fan)

• Dark horse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The first round is such a crapshoot, a guessing game. I mean, did anyone really have a strong feeling about Machac vs. Mochizuki? (We can call the latter "mochi" for the Whole Foods shoppers).

I suppose the big upset was Cilic. Garin, too. He was one of the first Next Genners that people mentioned here, I think as early as 2014ish...but he's been such a disappointment. He looked like he was finally putting it together in 2019-21ish, but didn't really move up, peaking at #17. He's going to be 28 this year...man, it is so crazy how Next Gen is now in their later 20s!
The first round of a Major is very tough, it's true. MS 1000s are easier. Though, Mochizuki was a LL, and Machac is a name I recognized. Cilic messed me up, because I thought he was on a bit of a comeback. Garin, sadly, is going the way of the dodo bird. Plus, he was playing an Aussie, so I picked against him. But the early rounds are worth but a point, and each round is worth more, so it's easy to make up ground.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I know this won’t last long so I have to enjoy it quickly. (I’m at the bottom of the WTA draw.)

View attachment 9057

See? It didn’t last long. :lulz1:

IMG_5557.jpeg

And congrats to @Moxie for currently being in first place.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, here's the final results:

Screen Shot 2024-01-28 at 3.08.25 PM.png

Sorry, Tented - but not only did you slip out of the top spot, but you fell below Moxie and I. Sinner winning helped me catch up - I picked him to win it.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, here's the final results:

View attachment 9217
Sorry, Tented - but not only did you slip out of the top spot, but you fell below Moxie and I. Sinner winning helped me catch up - I picked him to win it.
I picked Sinner to win, too. Every round is worth more points, remember. Note that I had more correct picks than the winner of our group, but I picked them at the wrong time. I did also notice yesterday portnoy1984 was on top, with Bowie 2nd. They each picked Sinner and Medvedev for the final, but Bowie picked Sinner, and Portnoy picked Medvedev, so it was going to come down to the final result, which was a mini-drama in my own mind. :)