AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 Mens Draw Prediction Challenge ATP

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rod-Laver-Arena-Australian-Open-e1349241612243.jpg

A fun game where you score points for predicting the match results in the tennis tournaments.

You pick the winners at the beginning of the tournament.

This takes as little as 10 minutes per bracket to play

Instructions

Video Tutorial Here:

Tennis Draw Challenge Instructions

In a nutshell...

If you aren't a member of the Tennis Prose website (the one you're reading - sign up - top right and then we can track your score), then...

1. Goto http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ and register a new account (if you haven't got an account already). Try and use the same username as you use on this website.

2. When you are registered, click the GROUP menu option (at the top) and join the Discuss.Tennis Group (we're near the top).

3. Then click BRACKET menu option at the top and you'll see the tournaments for either WTA or ATP. Click In the second column, you will see a "Make your picks now" link. Click on this to make your picks. You can toggle between ATP and WTA tournament listing by clicking the "WTA" and "ATP" buttons at the top.

You're playing for a place in the Hall of Fame! - https://www.tennis-prose.com/tennisforum/pages/hall-of-fame/

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Submitted my challenge. Djokovic-Nadal final. Stan goes out in round 2 and Kyrgios makes the semis together with Fed. Worried about Kyrgios health, but so be it. If he is fit, semis is the most likely scenario I think.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for playing! Just a reminder to everyone else, you have until 1am UTC (GMT for most) on the 15th to submit picks. Something like 24 hours from now.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Too lazy to fill up the draw.

Here are my predictions for bragging rights.

Quarterfinals: Rafa vs. Cilic
Kyrgios vs. Anderson
RBA vs. Sasha
JMDP vs. Federer

Semifinals: Rafa vs. Kyrgios
RBA vs. Federer

Finals: Kyrgios vs Federer

p.s. Disclaimer: I am no fan of RBA.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I still don't think you get bragging rights if you can't be arsed to fill out the whole draw. But, out of curiosity, what don't you like about RBA? He was playing some fine tennis last week.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I still don't think you get bragging rights if you can't be arsed to fill out the whole draw. But, out of curiosity, what don't you like about RBA? He was playing some fine tennis last week.

He is a bit of a pusher no? And I vaguely remember he had beef with one or more players.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is a bit of a pusher no? And I vaguely remember he had beef with one or more players.
He wasn't playing like any pusher last week. Don't know about any problems with other players.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Gulbis once called him spoiled princess after a match. Anyways he is definitely a pusher. I think he will be long gone before the semis too.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gulbis once called him spoiled princess after a match. Anyways he is definitely a pusher. I think he will be long gone before the semis too.
I think that remark reflects poorly on Gulbis, not the opponent. What is your definition of pusher, then? "Spaniard?" Bautista Agut has no fear of the net or hitting an aggressive winner. Playing good defense isn't actually a bad thing, when it needs to be played.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
[
I think that remark reflects poorly on Gulbis, not the opponent. What is your definition of pusher, then? "Spaniard?" Bautista Agut has no fear of the net or hitting an aggressive winner. Playing good defense isn't actually a bad thing, when it needs to be played.

Huh? Why? Depends on what happened. If Ernie has his reasons, its good he speaks his mind.

Reactions: mrzz

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Check this out: reflects poorly on RBA I would say!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[

Huh? Why? Depends on what happened. If Ernie has his reasons, its good he speaks his mind.
He can complain, but the form of the insult is what I have a problem with.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He can complain, but the form of the insult is what I have a problem with.

Ah come on, a 'spoiled princess' is quite a harmless way of saying someone should toughen up.

Anyways, I think we can all agree that RBA is not making the semis at this years AO regardless of his good form the past week.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ah come on, a 'spoiled princess' is quite a harmless way of saying someone should toughen up.

Anyways, I think we can all agree that RBA is not making the semis at this years AO regardless of his good form the past week.
Well, other than it's sexist...

No one thinks that RBA is making any Slam semis. I'm just a bit sick of hearing some players get called "pushers" when I doubt some folks have barely ever seen them play an entire match.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, other than it's sexist...

No one thinks that RBA is making any Slam semis. I'm just a bit sick of hearing some players get called "pushers" when I doubt some folks have barely ever seen them play an entire match.

Ah yes sexist, perhaps, but I would chose your battles on that issue, this remark in this context is fairly harmless.

I think our little princess RBA has gotten his fair share of attention on these boards, I expect everyone to tune in for his first round match against Verdasco, could be a good one!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Just as tossip assumes everyone is against blacks, you assume that whenever someone criticizes a Spanish player, it is because they hate all Spanish player. That is just not the case. For example, I like Deliciano and Verdasco for example. RBA is a pusher, grunter and does not have much of grace.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Too lazy to fill up the draw.

Here are my predictions for bragging rights.

Quarterfinals: Rafa vs. Cilic
Kyrgios vs. Anderson
RBA vs. Sasha
JMDP vs. Federer

Semifinals: Rafa vs. Kyrgios
RBA vs. Federer

Finals: Kyrgios vs Federer

p.s. Disclaimer: I am no fan of RBA.

LOL! Very first day and you've already been foiled. Anderson lost to Kyle Edmond. This is why I don't do these mock draws. The lower-ranked guys are way too unreliable.