Andy Murray needs to stop playing with fire

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm hearing you Miguel. I mentioned during the match yesterday that Murray was waiting for things to happen rather than making it happen. Too passive. I think he's naturally cautious and has a tendency to return to type on many occasions.

Reactions: Miguel Cicenia

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stop Andy stop !! save your energy for the last rounds

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes agreed. He really doesn't give himself a chance to win the big titles. You only have to watch Federer practicing what he needs to do against the big guys in the earlier rounds. He ends up having to change his play in the later rounds, and it takes time to adjust and do it consistently if its not been done before. Look.. I don't believe that the outcomes of most of those slam finals would have changed, I'm convinced that the likes of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal are simply more talented players, but he really doesn't help himself. As an aside, this is stuff that's been known for almost a decade. He's been through many coaching changes and he still hasn't learned the lesson. Can't blame this one on Mauresmo, he was doing the same when Ivan was around as well

Reactions: Miguel Cicenia

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the next two matches are huge. He can't afford to go a long 4 or 5 again or he will be running on fumes in the 2nd week and not to mention the 5 setters can take a lot out of a player mentally.