AI - Artificial Intelligence

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Even more fascinating. I've been playing around with some of the AIs for the last few months. The voice to video stuff is mind-blowing. @Moxie needs to take a look at that particular field. This stuff is going to affect everybody to an extent that don't think can be quite appreciated yet... and the speed at which this is moving is insane. Musk said AI is more dangerous than nuclear weapons.

At the very least I would suggest everybody have a play with ChatGPT and Dalle-E for Imaging, as a starter. then AutoGPT.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Artificial intelligence pioneer leaves Google and warns about technology's future

Excerpt: “The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people — a few people believed that,” he said in the interview. “But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”

He had to have been making a ton of money at Google. That he walked away from it to speak freely about AI is telling.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Artificial intelligence pioneer leaves Google and warns about technology's future

Excerpt: “The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people — a few people believed that,” he said in the interview. “But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”

He had to have been making a ton of money at Google. That he walked away from it to speak freely about AI is telling.
Well, think of the time that Deep Blue AI was beating Kasparov at Chess. Is that nearly three decades ago? Then Alpha Go... It does most things better already. While the video of the Italian PM was fake, mixing AI with robotics, drones etc... IS happening, and CGI and cloning. It's an interesting time for mankind, because the existing "corporate" model is already broken, or superseded by AI. That doesn't mean mankind doesn't adjust. Maybe working as slaves wasn't our original purpose.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Imagine if you need to defend yourself in a courtroom (for instance)... why would you need a lawyer, when one of these AI's can scour thousands of laws, acts and precedents in seconds and prepare a defence (or prosecution)? The Chinese are even setting up courts with AI judges.

Why would you need an accountant when everything will be done on blockchain ledgers?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Imagine if you need to defend yourself in a courtroom (for instance)... why would you need a lawyer, when one of these AI's can scour thousands of laws, acts and precedents in seconds and prepare a defence (or prosecution)? The Chinese are even setting up courts with AI judges.
I don’t think I’d mind AI aiding lawyers and doctors with suggestions based on AI’s vast knowledge, but it would need to be just that: an aid, not in charge of making final decisions.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_9867.jpeg

Kind of a good point!

tented

Administrator
Reactions

It’s about 46 minutes, so it’s not short, but I always find Harari worth listening to.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I don’t know much about AI but this video fooled me, until I read the details, then watched the second one which is equally, or even more, impressive:

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Now I don’t know much about AI but this video fooled me, until I read the details, then watched the second one which is equally, or even more, impressive:

This is exactly why AI is both dazzling and frightening. It’s doesn’t take a huge leap of imagination to understand how this will be used to create one fake after another. Politicians will be used and abused the most. Audio will surface of Biden and Trump saying things they never said. Disproving these statements will be a nightmare, because people tend to believe what they hear/read/see first, not to mention the fake audio will be custom designed to appeal to pre-conceived perceptions — people will want to believe them.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is exactly why AI is both dazzling and frightening. It’s doesn’t take a huge leap of imagination to understand how this will be used to create one fake after another. Politicians will be used and abused the most. Audio will surface of Biden and Trump saying things they never said. Disproving these statements will be a nightmare, because people tend to believe what they hear/read/see first, not to mention the fake audio will be custom designed to appeal to pre-conceived perceptions — people will want to believe them.
In fairness, with Biden and Trump there’s plenty of reason to believe anything about what they’re supposed to have said.

:lol6:

But yeah, I agree. The one about the ghost in his apartment, the Picard one, these are like fantastic literature. They have the erudition you’d expect. I know Hitchens was a rich and steady source of great writing and wit, but the fricking machine aped him perfectly.

Has AI the capability to mimic the voice? It must have. I’m gonna watch some more. I only clicked on the Python one because I thought it was about Monty Python - and I thought it was real..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C World Affairs 0