AI - Artificial Intelligence

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Has AI the capability to mimic the voice? It must have. I’m gonna watch some more. I only clicked on the Python one because I thought it was about Monty Python - and I thought it was real..

It’s worse than you think: it has the ability to listen to anyone’s voice for about a minute (maybe less?), and have the ability to mimic them. In other words, it doesn’t need to have a ton of examples; it can pick up on you extremely quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s worse than you think: it has the ability to listen to anyone’s voice for about a minute (maybe less?), and have the ability to mimic them. In other words, it doesn’t need to have a ton of examples; it can pick up on you extremely quickly.
You know, very soon this technology will be able to create in ways we won’t be able to say aren’t ‘original’. It’ll be so capable that originally will be a defunct concept. In the same way that chess engines can think incalculable moves ahead, AI will absorb all of classical music and be able to calculate deep and complex combinations of notes and keys and instruments that will dazzle us. It won’t have to think outside the box. There’s enough inside the box for it to be getting busy with..

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I’ve been watching a few of the Christopher Hitchens AI videos over the last few days, and they’re subtly changing my perspective of AI. It’s become less a robotic mimic of human behaviour but actually something that seems sentient and capable of generating thoughts and narratives as complex as we can. As articulate and as interesting in their thoughts, as we’d expect from the man they’re portraying.

This one here gives an argument for why we fear AI. It addresses my own apocalyptic visions, informed no doubt by countless sci-fi books, films, TV shows. But I’ve never heard or seen an argument against those fears like this:

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’ve been watching a few of the Christopher Hitchens AI videos over the last few days, and they’re subtly changing my perspective of AI. It’s become less a robotic mimic of human behaviour but actually something that seems sentient and capable of generating thoughts and narratives as complex as we can. As articulate and as interesting in their thoughts, as we’d expect from the man they’re portraying.

This one here gives an argument for why we fear AI. It addresses my own apocalyptic visions, informed no doubt by countless sci-fi books, films, TV shows. But I’ve never heard or seen an argument against those fears like this:

I assure you it’s not sentient, although sentience is the holy grail of AI. The software creating these Hitchens videos is highly sophisticated, but ultimately it has been fed tons and tons of information, including samples of his voice and writings, then coded to assemble this information in a manner aping his writing.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I assure you it’s not sentient, although sentience is the holy grail of AI. The software creating these Hitchens videos is highly sophisticated, but ultimately it has been fed tons and tons of information, including samples of his voice and writings, then coded to assemble this information in a manner aping his writing.
Oh I know it’s not sentient, and that it’s regurgitating what it’s been fed - just as the overwhelming majority of humans do, actually. But not many of us would be as coherent and insightful in the way we use and present the tons of information we’re being fed…

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C World Affairs 0