A simple question to the WTA

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Why do you enforce quiet during play and making the public shut up to allow the players concentrate, while there is a major noise disturbance happening in the center of the court being played?
In all Sharapova matches, the noise disturbance is coming from the court itself, not the public.

ARE YOU MAKING ANY SENSE AT ALL?..
HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT SEEING A SHRINK?..

If Sharapova screams that loud then lets have a disco party in the stands during play.

A Millions of Dollars Sports is run like a scouts camp. I have insulted the scouts, apologies.

Thank you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

K

Kenneth

I guess they're just afraid that some fans can get too excited lol

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Si Si,

You should write the WTA, the USTA, and the ITF. Things aren't going to change unless they receive enough complaints that they're forced to take action.

Another thing to consider would be to start an online petition at change.org, for example. Get as many people as possible to sign it, and submit it to them as proof that something needs to be done.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
Si Si,

You should write the WTA, the USTA, and the ITF. Things aren't going to change unless they receive enough complaints that they're forced to take action.

Another thing to consider would be to start an online petition at change.org, for example. Get as many people as possible to sign it, and submit it to them as proof that something needs to be done.

yes sure, I dont have a chance. Stusor is afraid of them so who am I to bother them? a fly on the wall?..
If they do their stuff, then they dont care. THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
Its like telling someone not to kill or steal... he done the crime already

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
tented said:
Si Si,

yes sure, I dont have a chance. Stusor is afraid of them so who am I to bother them? a fly on the wall?..

If you give up before even trying, you have no right to complain. It's kind of like people who complain about which politicians got elected, then tell you they didn't vote.

If you were to take action, even if you fail, you will have the satisfaction of having tried -- you'll know it's not your fault that things haven't changed, because you tried your best.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would also like to see the WTA start at the junior level to stop the shrieks etc
I remember being at a junior tournament a few years ago and I could not believe the noise coming from these junior players,their were aged around ten years old.
I believe is has to be stopped at the junior level,before it gets out of hand.Just my thoughts.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
There is a petition (which I already signed) posted on tennis.com which asks the WTA to stop the screaming. I doubt it will accomplish anything. The WTA consists of a bunch of wimps who is afraid to hurt the feelings of certain players, especially Pova.

I heard Russian coaches intentionally instruct their players to scream loudly as a distracting mechanism.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
10sfan said:
There is a petition (which I already signed) posted on tennis.com which asks the WTA to stop the screaming. I doubt it will accomplish anything. The WTA consists of a bunch of wimps who is afraid to hurt the feelings of certain players, especially Pova.

I heard Russian coaches intentionally instruct their players to scream loudly as a distracting mechanism.

This is the only post in this thread that tells the true story. The other posters just bury their heads in the sand.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Michelle DeBritto is louder than Sharapova. As we don't see much of her matches, many
people don't know about her. Her screams would easily be 10 decibels higher than
screampova's.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember that once Serena got a point docked as her screaming was considered distracting
the opponent (I think it was at USO, against either Kim or Sam). May be they should give
such penalties more often. Then they will stop screaming.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
The point penalty against Serena was in the match against Stosur at USO.

The screaming would stop immediately if umpires started taking away points.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Remember that once Serena got a point docked as her screaming was considered distracting
the opponent (I think it was at USO, against either Kim or Sam). May be they should give

She shouted a C'mon when the ball was in flight and rightly got called on it.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I will bet my house that Serena shouted that because the point was already won by her. She is no cheat. Thats a huge difference in my book compared to Masha. I guess we all have our own books... I get it now and to be honest I dont give a ...
The picture is getting clear now. Now I see why "ma sherona" wasnt banned half a year earlier.
As I said, I dont care. I just travel around the interenet..... taking what I find or not. No big deal :cool:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
GameSetAndMath said:

If instead of doing a verbal "come on", if she has just screamed would she be called on it as
well? That is the question.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Si Si, I do not want your house or anything, but that point was not won by Serena. It WAS going to be won by her, but she celebrated way too early and rightfully so, the ump ruled the way she did. It was the right call. That was not a cheat by Serena by the way. She just got too excited, too early.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
britbox said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I will bet my house that Serena shouted that because the point was already won by her. She is no cheat. Thats a huge difference in my book compared to Masha. I guess we all have our own books... I get it now and to be honest I dont give a ...

As much as I hate pova's screams, I don't think she is doing it with deliberate intention
to "cheat". With respect tothe staring and taking an year between two points, I agree
she is doing it intentionally and deliberately.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
britbox said:
GameSetAndMath said:

If instead of doing a verbal "come on", if she has just screamed would she be called on it as

No, thats not the question. The question is if she done that all the time for years, would she be called on it as well?
Someone has made a career of it. Of blatant cheating. Thats why I am so mad. Its rotten.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
GameSetAndMath said:
britbox said:
GameSetAndMath said:

GSM, shortly, no...because a guy like Ferrer grunts a second after he hits a ball and never gets called for it . "Come On" is different. You are saying the point is won by you when you say come on.

But I see your point and agree for the most part.