2024 ATP General News

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Front what I truly don't understand is Novak has provided the blueprint to taking care of an older body years ago by daily stretching exercises and a very strict diet but most of these guys don't follow it. That's like if a top software technology CEO writes a handbook about how to stay on top of technology challenges such as cyber security, AI and ML, I would have to be a complete idiot not to listen and adapt.
Novak (along with Federer and Nadal) benefitted from the advancement in nutrition and conditioning since the turn of the 21st century. I wonder how long some of the 90s greats, like Sampras and Agassi, would have played if they had the nutrition and conditioning of today's players. I'm pretty sure Nadal would have been done by 30 if he had to play in the Sampras/Agassi era.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak (along with Federer and Nadal) benefitted from the advancement in nutrition and conditioning since the turn of the 21st century. I wonder how long some of the 90s greats, like Sampras and Agassi, would have played if they had the nutrition and conditioning of today's players. I'm pretty sure Nadal would have been done by 30 if he had to play in the Sampras/Agassi era.
Novak cut out grains, carbs, people that cut out full grains, are usually Coelic's, to my knowledge Novak isnt a Coelic, he drinks a lot of protein shakes as athletes have to have a fair amount of protein in their diet, his diet is based on plant food? A lot of people followed the Coelic diet thinking they would lose weight? they did initially when people start eating their normal diet, the weight creeps back on. You have to have a balanced diet of carbs, low, and protein
Murray also followed this diet of cutting out full grains, carbs. Rafa has never followed that type of diet, he eats Nutella like it is going out of fashion and eats carbs with seafood. I cant speak for Federer, and his diet.
You body needs some type of carbs for fuel? to start with.
Personally I dont think that is an advancement in nutrition, from my medical point of view, though I know athletes drink a lot of protein shakes after their training and matches to refuel
I met Novak and his coach Marian Vjada at Rome 2013 and also at RG that year, Novak looked thin and thank goodness he has added some weight to his body, I will say Novak practices yoga and stretches daily one of the best things you can do for your conditioning especially when you get older

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front what I truly don't understand is Novak has provided the blueprint to taking care of an older body years ago by daily stretching exercises and a very strict diet but most of these guys don't follow it. That's like if a top software technology CEO writes a handbook about how to stay on top of technology challenges such as cyber security, AI and ML, I would have to be a complete idiot not to listen and adapt.
Counterpoint: While Djokovic has provided the blueprint to taking care of an older body, it does not necessarily mean that would work well with other athletes.

Every person's body reacts to different things. You can have two similar lean athletes, same height, same weights and etc...but at the end of the day it really depends on how their bodies certain things (diet, food intake, sleep and etc...)

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That is not set in stone at present also I personally dont take a lot of notice Luigi Gatto, who isnt a reliable source.
This statement has been released from the ATP Tour @ apttour,

" We are aware of reports in the media claiming that a decision has been reached concerning a 10th ATP Masters tournament. We would like to clarify that these reports are inaccurate.No decisions have been made and any dates will be communicated at the appropriate time".

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That is not set in stone at present also I personally dont take a lot of notice Luigi Gatto, who isnt a reliable source.
If they're going to add another M1000, I would think they'll find a way to make it happen on the grass. They have to come up w/ a plan to either upgrade one of those existing tourneys or build the grounds to handle it.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If they're going to add another M1000, I would think they'll find a way to make it happen on the grass. They have to come up w/ a plan to either upgrade one of those existing tourneys or build the grounds to handle it.

I'm pretty sure we've talked about this in the past! It only make sense to upgrade Queens to the status of a Master w/ so much history while other smaller events in Eastborne, Halle, Birmington, & Stuttgardt are utilized for warm-up & practice! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not sure if it has been discussed, but did anyone notice that the ranking points have been changed for this year? The title values are the same, but a GS final is now 1300, SF is 800, QF 400, 4R 200, 3R 100, 2R 50, 1R 10. Other tournaments have similar changes.

Anyone know the reasoning?

• Wow
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not sure if it has been discussed, but did anyone notice that the ranking points have been changed for this year? The title values are the same, but a GS final is now 1300, SF is 800, QF 400, 4R 200, 3R 100, 2R 50, 1R 10. Other tournaments have similar changes.

Anyone know the reasoning?
From what I read from the ATP,

" The changes are designed to optimise the points distribution following the increase in 96- draw Masters 1000 events as well as delivering an improved balance and distribution of points following the significant increase in higher challenger category ATP Challenger tournaments on offer to players from 2023.
The points breakdown for doubles draw will remain the same as in 2023".

Reactions: El Dude