2023 Wimbledon SF: Jabeur vs. Sabalenka

Who will win this semifinal and in how many sets?

• Jabeur in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabalenka in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3059.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Aryna Sabalenka (2) vs Ons Jabeur (6)

This is a totally contrast of styles with these 2 players, Aryna with her power game off both wins and huge first serve, she knows her way around a grass court also at the net, she is a doubles GS champion.Aryna is the first player to make SF at the AO, FO and Wimbledon in the same year since Serena Williams in 2016.
If she defeats Ons to make the final at Wimbledon this year, she will over take Swiatek as the new No 1 player after Wimbledon. Aryna has a lot to play for in this SF.

Ons Jabeur, The Minister of Happiness, noone has been better on grass that Ons, among the WTA Tour players, presently, Ons has had the most wins on grass over the past years.
It was a 'sweet revenge victory" when she defeated the defending Wimbledon champion in Rybakina in 3 sets, a rematch of their final at Wimbledon last year.
One has the ability to absorb power hitters, also can break up their rhythm, she has a box of many tricks, the main thing I feel with Ons will be her first serve in this match, her ball toss is too short and she needs to take time on her serve, a lot of the time with her ball toss being too short it lands below the net.

If Ons can repeat her level she showed against Rybakina, she has a good chance in this match against Aryna

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
This draw is criminal with Rybakina and Jabeur (last year's Wimbledon finalists) pitted in the quarterfinals, and the winner having to face Sablenka in the semifinals with no rest. Wimbledon tried to give the golden girl (Iga) the easiest possible path to the finals, and it backfired on them.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a pre warning everyone
Put your ear plugs on with the roof closed on CC
Saba's shrieks are worse than ever
I mute Saba now, I cant take her screaming

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba to serve first
I hope we have a more competitive SF
Why do they put John Mac on womens matches for, he hardly knows them for starters and just dribbles BS

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons is already showing Saba her range of shots, mixing up slices, trying to break the rhythm of Saba
Short chip returns as well

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons with 2 BPs
Snuff out by Saba, with a nice touch with a volley, she has good hands
deuce
what a passing shot by Ons bhand
Saba not impressed
4th deuce great returning from Ons
Finally Saba holds
Saba 3-2

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like both of these players, and I'll be happy for either, but would really love to see Ons win the whole thing.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like both of these players, and I'll be happy for either, but would really love to see Ons win the whole thing.
Especially last year when Ons made the final and was beaten in 3 sets by Rybakina, she got her revenge in her QF match though :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba better watch her challenges she has just 1 challenge left now in this first set
3 games all

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
4 games all getting down to the crucial time of a set, who is going to get the break and consolidate or we will go to a TB

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think today I am supporting Saba..let's go Momo jnr.Saba looks like Mauresmo,with the same body structure.Momo won Australian Open then Wimbledon.. maybe is jnrs turn

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This one is going to be competitive..
I had John Mac as one of my commies and then I decided to mute lol! I dont know why they put him on womens matches in the first place, he is on with Tracy Austin

• Sad
Reactions: tossip