Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rune in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you think on grass he takes a bigger back swing on his fhand that is necessary? to me he would be better to have a more compact swing on his fhand, eg, shorter swing, in saying that, he probably could stay with a shorter back swing on his fhand
I can not answer that question properly because I am not technical guru like other tennis fans. Also, I really need to watch him more so I can properly assess his game.

But as of today, I can really see on why some fans are high on Rune and his future.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can not answer that question properly because I am not technical guru like other tennis fans. Also, I really need to watch him more so I can properly assess his game.

But as of today, I can really see on why some fans are high on Rune and his future.
I would think having a shorter back swing on his fhand would combat his 'loopy fhand' I have seen other players with a larger than necessary back swing on their fhand, it is loopy and therefore attackable, especially on grass, where those loopy types of shots 'stand up' compared to a flatter short.Okay when you get the time you can access his fhand better.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

I might ask AP for his thoughts on Rune's FH as he good on technical points in a tennis player, I still feel he needs to shorten his back swing on his fhand.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Going back to my statement of this match could be a very good lesson for Rune for his career. If I were his coach, I would show this match again to him. The reason I say this is because it is not like Rune played bad at all, it is just the level between him and Alcaraz especially at a Slam is somewhat big right now. This match is a good reminder for Rune and if he wants to be on very top level, he needs to improve his game and his approach to the match.

It kinda reminds me of the match between Nadal and Murray at 08 Wimbledon. After that match, Murray definitely improved his game because he knew how much he needed to be better in order to catch both Nadal and Federer at the time.

The great thing is that Rune is only 20 years old, so I am curious to see if the match against Alcaraz will spearhead his learning curve just a little bit.

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
If you are around seeing you are good on technical points, on players, I would like your thoughts on Rune's fhand which at times can be 'loopy' I feel he needs to shorten his back swing on his fhand, to make it more compact, at present on the grass, I noticed it 'stands up' which on the grass it can and therefore be more attackable, in saying that maybe he needs to have a shorter back swing on his fhand on all surfaces, though to me at present it is more noticeable on a grass court. Your thoughts thanks

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I might ask AP for his thoughts on Rune's FH as he good on technical points in a tennis player, I still feel he needs to shorten his back swing on his fhand.
Hi @MargaretMcAleer absolutely a shorter backswing would help him on his FH..I haven't watched him enough but I think the reason he does that loopy swing is he is trying to leave the ball on his strings a little longer so he can vary the pace as he changes direction. Does that makes sense @don_fabio ?

Sorry for the late response, I took the red eye flight from the West coast last night afterwards taking the early morning flight previously. All day traveling. I'm gonna watch the match today and I will edit my earlier response if warranted

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi @MargaretMcAleer absolutely a shorter backswing would help him on his FH..I haven't watched him enough but I think the reason he does that loopy swing is he is trying to leave the ball on his strings a little longer so he can vary the pace as he changes direction. Does that makes sense @don_fabio ?

Sorry for the late response, I took the red eye flight from the West coast last night afterwards taking the early morning flight previously. All day traveling. I'm gonna watch the match today and I will edit my earlier response if warranted
Well at least we are on the same page here, thanks I thought the shorter back swing would not make his fhand loopy especially on grass,

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Taking a look at the entire first set from yesterday or in your case two days ago..Holger is using a lot of Open stance on his FH..not a bad choice but his swing (not as slow as Coco's swing) needs to be a bit faster like Novak's FH. Just my two cents worth

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't watched him enough but I think the reason he does that loopy swing is he is trying to leave the ball on his strings a little longer so he can vary the pace as he changes direction. Does that makes sense @don_fabio ?
It does, it can help him to get more time if for example he is going to return to neutral position on the baseline or while making a move forward to the net. I noticed that he has a very early preparation for the forehand, part of that long swing. I agree with @MargaretMcAleer too, he could make it shorter.

He does use maybe too much variety at times and goes for the lines a tad more than needed. This is all part of the working process, he is still so young and will learn to play right shot at the right time and play percentages too.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match is reminding me a bit of Fedal, and not in a good way (for Roger and Holger).
I was surprised by this comment, and had to come back to it. A bit early in their rivalry for that, don't you think?