2023 Wimbledon Final: Jabeur vs. Vondrousova

Who will win this Wimbledon final and in how many sets?

• Vondrousova in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vondrousova in 3 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Marketa is really a surprise winner, and Ons started well then started to overthink and overpress .I think she is a people pleaser and because of that mindset she loses.She wants to be liked so bad that she gets in her own way.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is an interesting stat,

Kim Cljsters, Chris Evert, all lost their 3rd GS finals, so there is still hope for Ons Jabeur to in her maiden GS title,
Actually it took Halep 4 tries, in the 3rd she fell at the final hurdle after an inspired fortnight of 3 sets wins, but she finally got there.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marketa is really a surprise winner, and Ons started well then started to overthink and overpress .I think she is a people pleaser and because of that mindset she loses.She wants to be liked so bad that she gets in her own way.
I agree Tossip,
Ons wants to win soo bad it gets in the way of her mind and her game, though she came out flat, I think playing Saba took a lot out of her mentally, trying to make her 2nd GS final at Wimbledon, well done to Marketa she played to win, her grass season coming into Wimbledon was 2-10? compared to Ons who has been the leading player on grass for the past 3 years with the most wins on grass
Another thing Marketa is very cool and calm on court, she held her emotions well playing for the title.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is an interesting stat,

Kim Cljsters, Chris Evert, Simona Halep all lost their 3rd GS finals, so there is still hope for Ons Jabeur to in her maiden GS title,
I read that Kim was in the lockerroom crying with Jabeur,what is her agenda and she is always in the current players business.She was also a people pleaser and still is.Go away Clijsters and let these players evolve at their own time..they dont need you hovering over the tour when you were not a good example of mental strength.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I read that Kim was in the lockerroom crying with Jabeur,what is her agenda and she is always in the current players business.She was also a people pleaser and still is.Go away Clijsters and let these players evolve at their own time..they dont need you hovering over the tour when you were not a good example of mental strength.
I just read that too about Kim consoling Ons in the locker room as well, apparently they are good friends, I wasnt a fan of Kim, she was very one dimensional player, win on HCs, she was nick named Aussie Kim here when she was engaged to Hewitt, Aussies still adore her

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I just read that too about Kim consoling Ons in the locker room as well, apparently they are good friends, I wasnt a fan of Kim, she was very one dimensional player, win on HCs, she was nick named Aussie Kim here when she was engaged to Hewitt, Aussies still adore her
These are moments Ons might have wanted to cry in peace,not someone there looking for a moment.Kim is everywhere,even Eubanks was saying something about Kim texting and encouraging him.Tennis is an individual sport and players want to figure out things on their own.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These are moments Ons might have wanted to cry in peace,not someone there looking for a moment.Kim is everywhere,even Eubanks was saying something about Kim texting and encouraging him.Tennis is an individual sport and players want to figure out things on their own.
I think at times like this you need to be alone, maybe with your coach, in Ons case she has her husband who is also her fitness trainer, personally speaking I would want to be alone to re- gather my thoughts.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons is currently that player who thrives on being the underdog but who can’t quite play so well in the slam finals. She had so many opportunities today but became tentative at just the moments where she was stubborn in her previous two matches. It’s a pity - and it’s not so easy to fix!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets give credit where it is due

This time last year Marketa was watching the women's final Wimbledon with a cast on her wrist
All tournament she had the best stats on the return game which I posted,
She has a great lefty serve which she places well on the grass, along with a big fhand, also she has other weapons that are great on the grass
She has a cool and calm exterior, doesnt panic when she is behind. She came into Wimbledon with a 2-10 wins on grass.
Markets deserved her win! well done Marketa!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think it's so much being a "people-pleaser" as believing that she carries some weight of destiny on her back. I don't know if it's religious, or cultural, but she seems to believe that she has a mandate to win a Major for the greater good, or whatever. IMO, she should realize that she's already done great things for Arab women, and held up the standard for women in Africa, and now just win one for herself. She puts the weight of the world on herself, and it's evident in every Major final.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dont forget the Ladies Doubles Final on CC after the mens singles final, on Sunday.

S.Hunter/E.Mertens (3) vs S.W.Hsieh/ B. Strycova
The No 3 seeds of Hunter and Mertens have breezed through their draw to reach the final, can the team of Hsieh/Strycova stop them?
Should be a fun match!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The two ladies that have defeated Ons at SW19 were Rybakina 100-1 odds and tattoo 80-1 odds.

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425