2023 Wimbledon Final: Jabeur vs. Vondrousova

Who will win this Wimbledon final and in how many sets?

• Vondrousova in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vondrousova in 3 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These are a few more stats on Hsieh and Strycova,
Both Hsieh and Strycova, both 37 years old, are the oldest doubles team to reach a GS doubles final, let alone win the title. This is their 2nd Wimbledon trophy as a team. The pair previously won Wimbledon doubles GS title in 2019.
Strycova had been off the tour for over 2 years, giving birth to son Vincent, Hsieh had missed the entirety of the 2022 season as well.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The womens finals on Satruday ( BBC) peaked at 4.5 million, still a decent figure.Overall 25.6 million people watched coverage of Wimbledon this year

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Please find pics of the Wimby ball here
1689635108270.png

Reactions: tented and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well..rumor has it that when Jabeur was practicing for the final ,she got a tongue lashing for practicing wearing black and was told to get off the court because it is an all white court.Maybe she was not in a right frame of mind when she was playing in the final.Then they closed the roof...dunno something like this happened for Venus against Mugu,they closed the roof and the heavy conditions affected Venus.Po Jabeur she was played.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well..rumor has it that when Jabeur was practicing for the final ,she got a tongue lashing for practicing wearing black and was told to get off the court because it is an all white court.Maybe she was not in a right frame of mind when she was playing in the final.Then they closed the roof...dunno something like this happened for Venus against Mugu,they closed the roof and the heavy conditions affected Venus.Po Jabeur she was played.
I also read that Tossp she was made to go off court because she wore black and had to change. well you know The All England Club is very strict in their colors, I mean it has taken them years to allow the women to wear dark underwear underneath their white color dresses.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I'll never understand players thinking they can overcome 100+ years of tradition and ceremony! IIRC, McEnroe came out in his classic dark blue shorts, not even thinking they'd turn his arse around to go find something else to wear! Idiot! Why even bring dark clothing? :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marketa appears to be a very low key chilled person, after her win, she hired a house at Wimbledon, like a lot of players do, she had a few quiet beers with her team:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marekta and her coach decided to get matching little strawberry tatoos paying homage to the classic Wimbledon win, after her win

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Marekta and her coach decided to get matching little strawberry tatoos paying homage to the classic Wimbledon win, after her win
Whew! I read “Marketa and her coach decided to ...” and was waiting for the “… split ways after Wimbledon.” So many players have split with their coaches after their biggest wins, I thought this would be another example.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Whew! I read “Marketa and her coach decided to ...” and was waiting for the “… split ways after Wimbledon.” So many players have split with their coaches after their biggest wins, I thought this would be another example.
Hey after getting matching tatoo's after Wimbledon, I have been out running I missed that news?
Shades of Emma Raducanu and her coach splitting after her USO win
I will go and read up....thanks for the alert Tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Pity about those tats, epescially when your have a Summer dress on, also I know she didnt have time to get a spray tan, though you can get a spray in a bottle, which I would have used for the top half, I am being picky I know lol!
I know @kskate2 Keli is gonna say if that bothered Ons.. "Always walk around with your big girl panties on (in this case preferably White). I hope that wasn't TRUE.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
16 year old Mirra Andreeva fined $ 8000, for an immature racket bounce on the grass, in her match against Madison Keys
The fine came after her second offense.She did slip and she also threw her racket, it was her second racket smash she received a warning and point taken away for match point?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
16 year old Mirra Andreeva fined $ 8000, for an immature racket bounce on the grass, in her match against Madison Keys
The fine came after her second offense.She did slip and she also threw her racket, it was her second racket smash she received a warning and point taken away for match point?
I think this was too excessive of a fine..I saw the match which she was just trying to avoid a possibility of a bad fall.. Hopefully they will rescind this one if she appeals the ruling

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know @kskate2 Keli is gonna say if that bothered Ons.. "Always walk around with your big girl panties on (in this case preferably White). I hope that wasn't TRUE.
Well you know me so well. Someone who was a finalist last year knows the rules. She didn't show up to any other practice window in 2 years w/ black on. Why for the final? It just shows her headspace and that she wasn't thinking clearly all along.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think this was too excessive of a fine..I saw the match which she was just trying to avoid a possibility of a bad fall.. Hopefully they will rescind this one if she appeals the ruling
I saw the match as well. It's the first one that got her the warning. The 2nd one you're right was not intentional, but they gave her the point penalty anyway that gave Keys MP

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw the match as well. It's the first one that got her the warning. The 2nd one you're right was not intentional, but they gave her the point penalty anyway that gave Keys MP
Yep. In the end that penalty point really didn't cost her the match. Keys was in totally in control which sounds like an oxymoron.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought the find was excessive, when you consider that Novak got a fine also of $8000 for smashing his racket at the net post, which I thought he got off lighlty