27. Lorenzo Sonego
28. Dan Evans
29. Jason Brooksby
30. Tommy Paul
31. Sebastian Baez
32. Oscar Otte

b_20210711_djokovic_trophy_SB1_3016-142235_705.jpg

The Tournament:

The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon or The Championships, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is widely regarded as the most prestigious. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877 and is played on outdoor grass courts, with retractable roofs over the two main courts since 2019.

Wimbledon is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the others being the Australian Open, the French Open, and the US Open. Wimbledon is the only major still played on grass, which is the traditional tennis playing surface.

The tournament traditionally took place over two weeks in late June and early July, starting on the last Monday in June and culminating with the Ladies' and Gentlemen's Singles Finals, scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday at the end of the second week. However, changes to the tennis calendar in 2015 have seen the event moved back by a week to begin in early July. Five major events are held each year, with additional junior and invitational competitions also taking place.

About London:

London is the capital and largest city of England and the United Kingdom, with a population of just over 9 million. It stands on the River Thames in south-east England at the head of a 50-mile (80 km) estuary down to the North Sea, and has been a major settlement for two millennia. The City of London, its ancient core and financial centre, was founded by the Romans as Londinium and retains boundaries close to its medieval ones. Since the 19th century, The name "London" has also referred to the metropolis around this core, historically split between the counties of Middlesex, Essex, Surrey, Kent, and Hertfordshire, which largely comprises Greater London, governed by the Greater London Authority. The City of Westminster, to the west of the City of London, has for centuries held the national government and parliament.

Clock_Tower_-_Palace_of_Westminster,_London_-_May_2007.jpg

Trafalgar_Square,_London_2_-_Jun_2009.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am excited for Wimbledon this as not only Rafael Nadal is playing this slam for the 1st time since 2019, but I am also excited on how other players will fare on Grass.

I will say this: It sucks that the Russians and Belarusians are not able to compete at Wimbledon especially Daniil Medvedev.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
A good article on tennis.com today about how nobody outside the The Big 3(+1) had won Wimbledon since 2002. That’s an impressive, and in many ways terrible, statistic.

I’d like to see somebody break the stranglehold this year, but it’s hard to see past Djokovic again, if he shows up in good form…

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
A good article on tennis.com today about how nobody outside the The Big 3(+1) had won Wimbledon since 2002. That’s an impressive, and in many ways terrible, statistic.

I’d like to see somebody break the stranglehold this year, but it’s hard to see past Djokovic again, if he shows up in good form…

I'd be amazed if Novak won after all the strife he's gone thru this season! I've been saying it's sad after all this time to still be owned by the Big 3 after all these years! The top seeds are the same, but w/o Medvedev and others, the draw looks even stanger with someone like Ruud at #3! WHO? I could walk by and not recognize him! :astonished-face: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::fearful-face::facepalm:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

This is another example of the three headed GOAT

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd be amazed if Novak won after all the strife he's gone thru this season! I've been saying it's sad after all this time to still be owned by the Big 3 after all these years! The top seeds are the same, but w/o Medvedev and others, the draw looks even stanger with someone like Ruud at #3! WHO? I could walk by and not recognize him! :astonished-face: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::fearful-face::facepalm:
Interesting point...has Wimbledon done away with special seeding for grass, or is it all just too confusing for them now, between Covid and the Russians and Belarusians being out?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry I cannot get my head around Ruud being seeded No 3 for Wimbledon....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting point...has Wimbledon done away with special seeding for grass, or is it all just too confusing for them now, between Covid and the Russians and Belarusians being out?
Cry me a River again, Novak is his own worst enemy, he was the one who did not want to be vaccinated...poor baby all the drama he has seen, it is his own doing..........moving on

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cry me a River again, Novak is his own worst enemy, he was the one who did not want to be vaccinated....moving on
The question has nothing to do with Novak...he's seeded #1. By "Covid" I meant the confusion of covid-suspended rankings, and the fact that Wimbledon wasn't even played in 2020 due to Covid, along with all (?) of that grass season.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The question has nothing to do with Novak...he's seeded #1. By "Covid" I meant the confusion of covid-suspended rankings, and the fact that Wimbledon wasn't even played in 2020 due to Covid, along with all (?) of that grass season.
Make yourself clearer than.Okay as I said Ruud seeded No 3 on grass......?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I think I'm supposed to "cry a river!" It's a shot at me again! Like I care anymore what she has to say after giving me the fk'n finger! :shushing-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think I'm supposed to "cry a river!" It's a shot at me again! Like I care anymore what she has to say after giving me the fk'n finger! :shushing-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
LOL..... I gave you the so called finger because I suggested you google what Rafa's foot issue was, and if I remember correctly you brought up that Novak was brought up in a war torn country which had nothing to do what we were talking about, I know you cannot stand Rafa, though what you said about Rafa and his foot issue was low....and not needed in the context of the conversation.
I have no problem conversing with you again, I have defended Novak here many times here, and Moxie has had a go at me defending Novak., still you have to agree with me Novak not getting vaccinated, has put a halt on him reaching more GS titles, I also think he is the favorite to win Wimbledon, so there you go .BTW I do have a name, it isnt ' she' btw.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Make yourself clearer than.Okay as I said Ruud seeded No 3 on grass......?
The only reason Ruud is seeded 3rd at Wimbledon is because the Top 2 ranked players in the world are not playing. In addition, Ruud has reached a Masters 1000 final on HC AND Slam final in the past 12 months, so he has earned his Top 8 ranking.

Reactions: tented and Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The only reason Ruud is seeded 3rd at Wimbledon is because the Top 2 ranked players in the world are not playing. In addition, Ruud has reached a Masters 1000 final on HC AND Slam final in the past 12 months, so he has earned his Top 8 ranking.

Oh, no doubt he's earned it, but it's still "whacked!" This is almost as screwy as the women's rankings with players coming and going! :shushing-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I understand that, it is the fact it is on grass.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
LOL..... I gave you the so called finger because I suggested you google what Rafa's foot issue was, and if I remember correctly you brought up that Novak was brought up in a war torn country which had nothing to do what we were talking about, I know you cannot stand Rafa, though what you said about Rafa and his foot issue was low....and not needed in the context of the conversation.
I have no problem conversing with you again, I have defended Novak here many times here, and Moxie has had a go at me defending Novak., still you have to agree with me Novak not getting vaccinated, has put a halt on him reaching more GS titles, I also think he is the favorite to win Wimbledon, so there you go .BTW I do have a name, it isnt ' she' btw.
I wasn't "having a go at you." I was explaining more clearly what I meant, which I felt you misunderstood. I was asking for general purposes if the Wimbledon-specific seeding has gone away. I'm not sure we have an answer on that yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasn't "having a go at you." I was explaining more clearly what I meant, which I felt you misunderstood. I was asking for general purposes if the Wimbledon-specific seeding has gone away. I'm not sure we have an answer on that yet.
I know you werent having a go at me, I did misunderstand.I do not understand why the specific seeding at Wimbledon has also gone away,? that is why Ruud being seeded 3rd on a surface he has not done well on? though he has done well on other surfaces to received that ranking at Wimbledon

tented

Administrator
Reactions
No, they haven’t used their old formula for seeding since (I think) 2019. They now go by ATP rankings.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.