2022 French Open Final: Iga Swiatek vs. Coco Gauff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I agree. This is mainly mental more than physical and definitely not technical. But I do agree w/ MM that she needs a coach that can elevate her to the next level which is competing at a high level and winning majors.
She has a coach that has brought her to the final.They now know what to work on.

Reactions: kskate2

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Momo is doing the most with that roof, yesterday she tinkered with it and today she is still tinkering with an it.obsessed much

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well since she's in such a hurry, this could be over in a matter of minutes now. 3-2 Iga
Yep, this is a great learning experience for Coco, being in her 1st GS final, she will learn a lot from this, remember to she is also in the womens doubles

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree. This is mainly mental more than physical and definitely not technical. But I do agree w/ MM that she needs a coach that can elevate her to the next level which is competing at a high level and winning majors.
This is why I said Coco needs to move forward towards the net. It's where she is more comfortable at the net. Regardless if she gets passed, she is trying to get Iga out of her comfort zone.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wow someone said Swaitek is using the Justine tactics that she used on Serena at RG

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is why I said Coco needs to move forward towards the net. It's where she is more comfortable at the net. Regardless if she gets passed, she is trying to get Iga out of her comfort zone.
You know when you're nervous the feet are the first thing to go. I just don't believe she has the confidence or thought process to move forward right now. That would require her to get those feet moving

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
maybe Swaitek is going to beat Joostine five titles at RG

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga is only 1 game away from her 2nd title at RG she has been relentless today