Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muchova in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barty has a H2H 1-0 over Muchova (3rd rd of the USO 2018)

Both players have a similar game,play with variety,move the ball around the court and put shape on the ball.
I was impressed with the mentality of Muchova being down love 5 in her match against Pliskpva and taking the set and match 7-5 7-5.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dont you Hate it when your in the supermarket with 10 items or less and some moran has about 20 plus items in front of you/??

I see Ash won the 1st set 61

Just tuning into the 2nd set now

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash had chances to break at 3 games all,to me she has got passive and Muchova playing well now,I read that in the first set she had the trainer out,whatever was ailing her she seems okay to me now
On her 4th BP Muchova will serve for the 2nd set
Barty's first serve has gone AWOL,also she needs to be more aggressive and not let Muchova dictate from the baseline.,also stop the UFE count.
Muchova seems to be a player that loves coming back from behind she has done this in her matches against Pliskova and Mertens
A love service game and she wins the 2nd set 63.
Ash has a lot of work to do in the final set.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I had a feeling this would go 3 sets.
Muchova breaks Barty in her 1st service game.Muchova consolidates her break,Ash had 3BPs and could not convert.
Muchova 2-0.Ash has to hold Now.Barty comes back from love 30 down and found her 1st serve which helps.
Muchova missing 1st serves and Barty not taking advantage.
Muchova 3-1.First love hold from Barty for sometime.Muchova 3-2
This match is now getting away from Ash after the 1st set this match has been totally flipped by Muchova to her credit,they play similar,and she has a all court game.and moves well around the court.
Muchova with the double break and she will serve for the match and for her first s/final at GS level
Muchova 5-2
Ash with 1 BP.....Muchova has played well under pressure,Ash conversion rate of BPs is dismal.
Ash with another BP and looking at a 2nd serve,she has to take advantage.
Muchova DF Barty with her 3BP,Muchova.Too good again coming forward with a volley
MP for Muchova she does it with an Ace

What a comeback from Muchova.....I will call her The Come Back Queen she defeats the No 1 seed 16 63 62

Last edited:

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Muchova to make the F last year and she lost in 2R to Cici Bellis LOL

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had a feeling this would go 3 sets.
Muchova breaks Barty in her 1st service game.Muchova consolidates her break,Ash had 3BPs and could not convert.
Muchova 2-0.Ash has to hold Now.Barty comes back from love 30 down and found her 1st serve which helps.
Muchova missing 1st serves and Barty not taking advantage.
Muchova 3-1.First love hold from Barty for sometime.Muchova 3-2
This match is now getting away from Ash after the 1st set this match has been totally flipped by Muchova to her credit,they play similar,and she has a all court game.and moves well around the court.
Muchova with the double break and she will serve for the match and for her first s/final at GS level
Muchova 5-2
Ash with 1 BP.....Muchova has played well under pressure,Ash conversion rate of BPs is dismal.
Ash with another BP and looking at a 2nd serve,she has to take advantage.
Muchova DF Barty with her 3BP,Muchova.Too good again coming forward with a volley
MP for Muchova she does it with an Ace

What a comeback from Muchova.....I will call her The Come Back Queen she defeats the No 1 seed 16 63 62

Ashleigh, what happened ? I did not see the QF at all as i was working today (am involved with Meals on Wheels as a volunteer) so cannot pass judgement. I see by yourpost she squandered a lot of break points, and that cost her the match? Is that what happened ???

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
let's go to the highlights now and see what went wrong AYE -

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ashleigh, what happened ? I did not see the QF at all as i was working today (am involved with Meals on Wheels as a volunteer) so cannot pass judgement. I see by yourpost she squandered a lot of break points, and that cost her the match? Is that what happened ???
Barty was in total control of the 1st set 61 and Muchova had a MTO she apparently felt light headed and zizzy.
After that Barty lost her serve,produced UFE and just could not get back into the match at all.
Credit to Muchova she deserved her win,this is the 3rd time she has come from behind in her previous 3 matches.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Barty was in total control of the 1st set 61 and Muchova had a MTO she apparently felt light headed and zizzy.
After that Barty lost her serve,produced UFE and just could not get back into the match at all.
Credit to Muchova she deserved her win,this is the 3rd time she has come from behind in her previous 3 matches.

Well she's entitled to a MTO. That's not an excuse to suddenly go off the boil like that, surely?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barty said in her presser it was like the match was 2 halves and she should not have let Muchova get back in the match.,after her MTO.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Barty said in her presser it was like the match was 2 halves and she should not have let Muchova get back in the match.,after her MTO.
Just by the scoreline alone it seems like it was. Without actually having to watch it. The highlights above and ur earlier post regarding break points not being converted, gives me a good impression of what unfolded today. Well done Muchova.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just by the scoreline alone it seems like it was. Without actually having to watch it. The highlights above and ur earlier post regarding break points not being converted, gives me a good impression of what unfolded today. Well done Muchova.
I thought it would be 3 sets,I picked Ash....she did have a good draw.,thats the way the cookie crumbles,she will take it in her stride.