Osaka thought the ball was going out and stood there,it went in
BP for Brady....BH long
2BP for Brady FH winner
Jen Breaks as Osaka BH netted

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka's return of serve all tournament has been just perfect all tournament,it is the one thing she has really concentrated on in the off season and it has paid dividends

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka d Brady to win her 2nd AO title and her 4th GS title!

Just a controlled display of tennis well deserved Osaka!

Osaka with this win will move to No2 ranking from Monday!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Jen Brady what a great tournament making your first GS final take the positives and build on it for the rest of the season.Well done!

Jen Brady will rise to No13 in the rankings from Monday!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lovely speeches from both Jen and Noami...Noami will do a walk around RLA with her trophy.
Great to see RLA with 50% capacity of fans,both players commentated on the fact having to play in front of fans unlike last year.,giving them more energy.

I feel Osaka has come into her own at age 23 and I am excited to see what she can also achieve on clay and grass courts,she is already soo special on hard courts.

I am going to have a early night.Later everyone!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really like Naomi and I hope she keeps on truckin'. I forget how many Monica started off winning in a row--was if her first four or five? I know Roger won his first seven, which is the record. He then lost in four sets to Nadal in Paris in 2006. I remember it like yesterday. Everyone was thinking he might win the calendar year slam, but the young Spanish Bull was laying down his scent all over Stade Roland Garros!

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I really like Naomi and I hope she keeps on truckin'. I forget how many Monica started off winning in a row--was if her first four or five? I know Roger won his first seven, which is the record. He then lost in four sets to Nadal in Paris in 2006. I remember it like yesterday. Everyone was thinking he might win the calendar year slam, but the young Spanish Bull was laying down his scent all over Stade Roland Garros!
Seles started off 6-0 in major finals she lost her seventh at Wimbledon in 1992 to Steffi Graff.Roger to this day holds the record at 7-0.