2019 US Open SF: Serena Williams vs. Svitolina

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Who wins? Head-to-head favors Serena — of course.

0A265BC7-8145-4B8E-9A6C-5AC9AE938B55.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
I am going out on a limb here and picking the upset and saying Elina will win this match in 3 tough sets.

Reactions: isabelle

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Quite frankly Elina did not impress me in her match with Konta,she was not as nearly impressive as she was in her match against Madison Keys.

Elina has to have a good serve for starters,like it was against Madison when she did not have a BP against it.She will make Serena play a lot of rallies,making her play one more ball.

Serena was flawless in her match against Wang,who did not have any weapons at all to worry Serena.

Serena needs to start strong and send a message to Elina,if she does that Serena to win in straight sets.

Reactions: Moxie

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Serena's last match was such a cake walk, I for some crazy reason am thinking of a bit of a let down for her in this match and Elina is going to jump on that right from the beginning of the match and somehow pull off this upset. :wacko:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't see an upset here. While this will probably be her sternest test, she should make it back to the final (where that match will be a war no matter who's there).

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Still I have this crazy feeling an upset is going to happen. I just think Serena's last match was just too perfect and there will be some sort of a let down that Svitolina will capitalize on right off the bat. Serena will give it her all to make a comeback like she did with McNally and was successful, but I see Svitolina at a different level as Caty McNally and she is prevail in a 3 set shocker. I haven't even had a drink today either. :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Still I have this crazy feeling an upset is going to happen. I just think Serena's last match was just too perfect and there will be some sort of a let down that Svitolina will capitalize on right off the bat. Serena will give it her all to make a comeback like she did with McNally and was successful, but I see Svitolina at a different level as Caty McNally and she is prevail in a 3 set shocker. I haven't even had a drink today either. :)

LOL! Gosh I needed Drugs in Rafa's match yesterday:)

Elina needs to serve well for starters,she is more of a defense player,making Serena play one more ball,Serena has been here too many times in a s/final not to start well,too much at stake.We shall see.

Reactions: Double Bagel

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
LOL! Gosh I needed Drugs in Rafa's match yesterday:)

Elina needs to serve well for starters,she is more of a defense player,making Serena play one more ball,Serena has been here too many times in a s/final not to start well,too much at stake.We shall see.
It is just a crazy feeling I have about this match. We shall see.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If Serena is to lose I would rather she loses now instead these players using her fame to be famous.She made a name for herself and other players want to make a name and money off her....

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If Serena is to lose I would rather she loses now instead these players using her fame to be famous.She made a name for herself and other players want to make a name and money off her....

It would be tough for her to lose yet another major final. You’re probably right — if she’s going to lose, then lose tonight.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
I think Elina is 24 years old and she is young enough and off to a pretty good start on her own to making a name for herself. Certainly she won't be as big of a name as Serena, but there isn't a women's player that is. Not even ones named Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going Serena in straights.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Wait..... I just looked at the poll and someone else pick Elina in 3 sets besides me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
On no Renae Stubbs is talking to Serena before she takes the court

Good Morning everyone,I am refreshed and looking forward to the 2 ladies s.finals.

It is 9am here in Sydney a good time for me:)

Reactions: britbox