Major Winner
Reactions

ELiToTDW4AA0AVj.jpg

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Alex Dolgopolov has withdrawn from AO 2020 with a right wrist injury.

I forgot all about the guy! The last time I remember him playing was when he had Nole on the ropes in Cincy 3-4 yrs ago! Djokovic pulled it out, but used up all the luck he had & lost to Fed the next day! Nole completed his Golden Masters a few seasons later over Roger! :whistle: :rolleyes:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I forgot all about the guy! The last time I remember him playing was when he had Nole on the ropes in Cincy 3-4 yrs ago! Djokovic pulled it out, but used up all the luck he had & lost to Fed the next day! Nole completed his Golden Masters a few seasons later over Roger! :whistle: :rolleyes:

He only played five tournaments in 2019,due to a problem right wrist and finally had surgery on his wrist,apparently it is not 100%....reason he is not playing the AO in 2020.

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I think I heard Roger decided not to play in the Inaugural ATP Cup next month! I guess his exhibition schedule's already loaded! :whistle: :eek: o_O

He gets a million bucks for an exho; I am sure ATP cup does not pay that much, especially considering that his team will probably lose.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He gets a million bucks for an exho; I am sure ATP cup does not pay that much, especially considering that his team will probably lose.

So you have no problem with a billionaire whoring himself out for a million in the twilight of his career? He supposedly has a little something left, but it's being wasted on these silly exhos. all over the world! It just ticks me off when the elites kvetch about how tired they are, plus "the season's too long!" We're talking about tennis; "cry me a fk'n river!" I'm so over athletes all over the sports spectrum! The greed, ego, and phoniness is just too much to deal with at my age! I don't waste a thought on baseball anymore with no one else watching it, but still signing players to $300-500 M dollar, multi-year contracts! It's just gotten out of control! When the CUBS won the World Series a few years ago here in Chicago, I didn't watch a moment of it; barely hearing that they did win! It is possible to totally "ghost" a sport if ignored and Sportscenter's baseball coverage is nixed off my screen during their season! :whistle: :nono: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: o_O :sick:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
So you have no problem with a billionaire whoring himself out for a million in the twilight of his career? He supposedly has a little something left, but it's being wasted on these silly exhos. all over the world! It just ticks me off when the elites kvetch about how tired they are, plus "the season's too long!" We're talking about tennis; "cry me a fk'n river!" I'm so over athletes all over the sports spectrum! The greed, ego, and phoniness is just too much to deal with at my age! I don't waste a thought on baseball anymore with no one else watching it, but still signing players to $300-500 M dollar, multi-year contracts! It's just gotten out of control! When the CUBS won the World Series a few years ago here in Chicago, I didn't watch a moment of it; barely hearing that they did win! It is possible to totally "ghost" a sport if ignored and Sportscenter's baseball coverage is nixed off my screen during their season! :whistle: :nono: :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: o_O :sick:

I agree except Roger isn't one who complains about the long season. He's not even playing any warm up prior to the AO and is the least likely to complain about the length of the season. Also, it wasn't a case of whoring himself out for few a million. He made £8 million. That's a lot! He played a handful of matches in places he'd never played before and delighted many fans who'd never seen him play there before and had fun. Personally I'd love to have fun, delight fans and make £8 million.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1208865/Roger-Federer-exhibition-Alexander-Zverev-Ecuador

Reactions: Jelenafan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

I can't remember a single instance where Roger has complained about the length of the season. For sure, I have heard other players complain, including some of those who play in exhibition matches. I agree with you that someone should not complain about the length of the season and still play in exhibition matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.