2017 Wimbledon Championships - Men

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Relax, Kelli. I was just pointing out that he doesn't actually have acne. But I don't know what Acne10 is. I was assuming it was for acne, but if it is for scars then my bad.

As for wishing players would lose, I'm not sure why you're calling me out on that when there are far worse offenders and I don't know a single fan who doesn't want the main opponents of their favorite to lose.
Dude, you said my comment was mean. Why would I call anyone else out but you?

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what an awful edition....all those injured players....really sad for Sir Andy, didn't know his hip was still a factor, hope he can have some rest with Kim and come back in top form. bad season for him because of various illness and injuries even if he'll stay N°1 after Wimbly

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
None of the top four (not talking about big four) ranked (not talking about seeding here) are in SF at Wimbledon. Never happened again since 2003, when Roger won the first Wimbledon.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
None of the top four (not talking about big four) ranked (not talking about seeding here) are in SF at Wimbledon. Never happened again since 2003, when Roger won the first Wimbledon.

They'll continue to complain about the VERY LONG season! Heaven knows this is the latest Wimbledon I can remember with it not even starting until JULY! We've had record retirements in the middle of matches; some due to being injured beforehand, but beneficial to the player to show up anyway for the points and $$ and taking up a spot in the draw unnecessarily! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The first Wimbledon was in 1877. But I know what you mean. ;-):
They'll continue to complain about the VERY LONG season! Heaven knows this is the latest Wimbledon I can remember with it not even starting until JULY! We've had record retirements in the middle of matches; some due to being injured beforehand, but beneficial to the player to show up anyway for the points and $$ and taking up a spot in the draw unnecessarily! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead:

You're supposed to be happy that the draw didn't play out. Your usual complaint is that it's too predictable. Wimbledon is later because it pushed, and for some reason the whole calendar seems later: even the FO didn't straddle our Memorial Day here, and I'm not sure why that was. But that doesn't have anything to do with injuries and retirements. We're just half-way through the calendar. You're wrapping a lot of complaints into one post. They actually seem to out-number your emoticon-count, which is rare. But where would you like to start, or are you just ranting?

Reactions: mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Federer won?! WOW! Why I cannot find highlights of it in youtube?
Only pen-and-ink drawings and still images available, sadly. This is Roger before Nike got ahold of him.
_39075828__lenglen203.jpg

Reactions: El Dude

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The odds after the finals are set.

Fed: 2/9
Cilic: 43/10

Approximately speaking, Fed has 80% chances and Cilic 20% chances as per the bookies.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Dude, you said my comment was mean. Why would I call anyone else out but you?

I just don't know why you called me out for (supposedly) wishing players would lose, when A) It has nothing to do with the acne thing, and B) I'm far more mild than some others and don't gloat.

But this is such a non-issue, I don't know why we're feeding it. I completely forgot about it until checked the thread.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Only pen-and-ink drawings and still images available, sadly. This is Roger before Nike got ahold of him.
_39075828__lenglen203.jpg

Is that Suzanne Lenglen? Wow, we've come a long way.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The first Wimbledon was in 1877. But I know what you mean. ;-):

You're supposed to be happy that the draw didn't play out. Your usual complaint is that it's too predictable. Wimbledon is later because it pushed, and for some reason the whole calendar seems later: even the FO didn't straddle our Memorial Day here, and I'm not sure why that was. But that doesn't have anything to do with injuries and retirements. We're just half-way through the calendar. You're wrapping a lot of complaints into one post. They actually seem to out-number your emoticon-count, which is rare. But where would you like to start, or are you just ranting?

WTH are you talking about? Being happy is not a possibility! You obviously know little to nothing! I wasn't actually complaining about anything; just stating facts! PO! :facepalm: :cuckoo: :mad: :bat:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
More than true. I've always thought we can be a bit mean to the tennis players, as they're public figures. I do think we should be cautious about being mean to each other, though. Which is why I was complaining about it, of late, though not to you.

You are talking about being mean to each other. It is funny. Carole made various stupid remarks recently in this thread about Fed's chances of winning Wimbledon. Most of us know that she is like this. Some ignore her stupid remarks as there is no point in arguing with her and some indulge in arguments. But, what did you do? You resorted to foul language and called her a D***. She was clearly offended and she even responded saying you are being mean. She even said explicitly I am a woman and you should not talk like that to me. What was your response?
Yes, I know you are a woman. I still used that word deliberately because that is the only way I know to force you to shut up. So, you are
being nice to fellow posters? :lulz2: You are trying to build a community? :laugh:

Carole's remarks may be stupid, but she is expressing her thoughts decently and often politely. Just because you found her comments disagreeable to you (they were indeed disagreeable to me and to most members as well, that is different), you found it OK to use foul language.

......and then you talk about being nice to each other and building community etc :lol6: