2016 WTA Finals: Singapore

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
I like Sveta because she is a talented player who is not involved in jealousy rants...she is very laidback and seems to get along with everybody.

Good stuff. Glad to hear it. I like her too. On holiday in Latvia and haven't watched any tennis but she's a gutsy player with a lot of heart. See no reason for anyone to dislike her and she never says a bad word about anyone.

delPoFearhand

Futures Player
Reactions
Kuz's HTH against the three potential qualifiers from the other group are interesting. She is 0-3 against Keys, 3-5 against Cibby, but 4-3 against Kerber. Weirdly, she might prefer to play the World #1 due to their style matchups- Keys and Cibby might just hit too big for her.

delPoFearhand

Futures Player
Reactions
And that's that. Kerber wins in 2, so she is the #1 from the Red group, will play the winner of Radwanska/Pliskova tomorrow. Kuz will play Cibulkova.

I like Cibby in that match... but it will be a corker that could go etiher way. Kerber is looking dominant, should beat either of her potential opponents.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Results after day 5:
Kerber d. Keys 6-3, 6-3
Cibulkova d. Halep 6-3, 7-6(5)
Caroline Garcia / Kristina Mladenovic d. Julia Georges / Karolina Pliskova 6-4, 6-2
Bethanie Mattek-Sands / Lucie Safarova d. Timea Babos / Yaroslava Shvedova 5-7, 7-6(6), 1-0

Halep is just a headcase. I don't see her winning a slam. She had her chance in 2014 and since then, she hasn't even sniffed another final. Kerber and Cibby progress to the SF.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Results after day 5:
Kerber d. Keys 6-3, 6-3
Cibulkova d. Halep 6-3, 7-6(5)
Caroline Garcia / Kristina Mladenovic d. Julia Georges / Karolina Pliskova 6-4, 6-2
Bethanie Mattek-Sands / Lucie Safarova d. Timea Babos / Yaroslava Shvedova 5-7, 7-6(6), 1-0

Halep is just a headcase. I don't see her winning a slam. She had her chance in 2014 and since then, she hasn't even sniffed another final. Kerber and Cibby progress to the SF.
Very true KS
Halep is a head case

I may be wrong but she is getting probably the best coaching on the WTA tour from Cahill but she is turning into mini ms drama Z. Simona probably is the hardest worker but will find a way to loose a match.

Here are my two cents...there are some players who have a killer attitudes and some who are not. Simona has all the tools but is not a killer like Pova and Serena. However there's hope..Cahill have been at times to get inside her head like a pilot sitting at the FAA control tower and steer her to a bumpy landing but he isn't allowed this luxury during a two week grand slam fore night which supports your beliefs, Halep may not ever win a grand slam. If Bartoli can hold it together, almost any player could

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Thing about Bartoli though was she played a similar headcase to herself in Lisicki. Battle of the headcases. Like Gaudio v Coria at Roland Garros. Headcases don't stand much of a chance except against fellow headcases most of the time.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Thing about Bartoli though was she played a similar headcase to herself in Lisicki. Battle of the headcases. Like Gaudio v Coria at Roland Garros.

Very true Front..it's takes a perfect storm.. an easy draw and an opponent who may be a bigger headcase..that's what I have admired about Stan. When it comes to a grandslam finals.. Stan seems to be able to hold his competitive mind together better than his opponents

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kerber is winning this thing....consistency helps

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:

I haven't been watching but don't count out cibby..I would think she may give herself 2 years or less before she begins to pop out some puppies...I don't think she will return to the game afterwards child birth

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

I haven't been watching but don't count out cibby..I would think she may give herself 2 years or less before she begins to pop out some puppies...I don't think she will return to the game afterwards child birth
this seems to be Kerber s year...we will see what happens..after giving birth a lot of things can go wrong...baby blues,back pain,a special needs baby,colicky baby...your body goes through major changes and it takes at least two years to get back to normal...hope Vika doesnt rush a comeback because its not going to be easy.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Results after day 6:
Radwanska d. Pliskova 7-5, 6-3
Muguruza d. Kuznetsova 3-6, 6-0, 6-1
Makarova / Vesnina d. Hlavackova / Hradecka 6-2, 7-5
Hingis / Mirza d. Chan / Chan 7-6(10), 7-5

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Schedule for SF Saturday:
Garcia / Mladenovic vs Mattek-Sands / Safarova 3-6, 5-7
Kuznetsova vs. Cibulkova 6-1, 6-7(2), 4-6
Kerber vs. Radwanska 6-2, 6-1
Makarova / Vesnina vs. Hingis / Mirza 3-6, 6-2, 10-6

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Poor Kuzy. She served for the match in the 2nd set and could not close. Cibby bounces back and takes the last 2 sets. She finds herself in her first WTA final. Well done PR! :clap

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
what a year for Kerber!..hopefully she will overtake pova and Azarenka in Grand slam count..
next year she will win a slam...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Horrible match from Aga. Hopefully she can go on vacation and really get a break from tennis. Come back fresh for next year.

Great year for Kerber. I'm still waiting for her to win a tournament as the #1 player. She'll have a good chance tomorrow, but she can't take Cibby for granted as she can surprise when she really wants something.

The Santina doubs team lost to the Russians. I think team Bucie will take the final and take over the #1 ranking.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kerber lost...she seemed tired...this event has somewhat lost credibility when its won by the likes of Cibby and Aga...its like any other event on tour.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Horrible match from Aga. Hopefully she can go on vacation and really get a break from tennis. Come back fresh for next year.

Great year for Kerber. I'm still waiting for her to win a tournament as the #1 player. She'll have a good chance tomorrow, but she can't take Cibby for granted as she can surprise when she really wants something.

The Santina doubs team lost to the Russians. I think team Bucie will take the final and take over the #1 ranking.

I was wrong about team Bucie. Congrats to the Russians, but I nailed it on the singles final. Cibby completely took Angie by surprise and took her to the woodshed. Wins the biggest title of her career in straight sets 6-3, 6-4. :celeb:

That's another fail for Kerber. She is yet to win a tournament as the #1 player. :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

this seems to be Kerber s year...we will see what happens..after giving birth a lot of things can go wrong...baby blues,back pain,a special needs baby,colicky baby...your body goes through major changes and it takes at least two years to get back to normal...hope Vika doesnt rush a comeback because its not going to be easy.
I told you bout Cibby.. She played like a woman possessed with happiness :clap.. Good to see her win , Kerber had a phenomenal season.. (I agree with Tossip.. I like Kerber's character). Man .it good to see Seles there..(what a champion she was and one of my all time favorites players to watch play live)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Kerber lost...she seemed tired...this event has somewhat lost credibility when its won by the likes of Cibby and Aga...its like any other event on tour.

actually Cibby was very deserving ..I would think that she would inspire Halep to finally get her head out of axx and win some majors

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cibby has something that Simona doesn't have and frankly not sure she will ever get: Moxie!!!