• Svetlana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Use this thread to cast your vote for the next RG champion. We'll also discuss the draw here.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Belinda surely cannot win as she is not even playing. :snicker

I think this will be won by Serena, Simona or Garbine.

Angelique cannot win two slams in a row. Vika is not yet ready to win a clay slam. The others in the list probably don't deserve an explanation as to why they cannot win.

I am voting for Simona as I can vote for only one person. Simona's play is especially suited for Clay. Recall that couple of years ago she made it to the final and lost to Meldopova.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I feel like Serena is the one to go with here. Vika had virtually no clay tune ups beforehand, and I don't think she is ready to take the French Open quite yet. Everyone else has been wildly up and down aside from Serena. While it is true, it took Serena this long to win a title this year, she did make the final of a slam and Indian Wells before winning in Rome. I think Kerber implodes with the pressure of following up her slam win, Aga well doesn't like the surface and that has to change in order for her to really do well here. Simona, well who knows who will show up.

I think the key here is where will the land mines like Daria, Keys, Stephens, potentially Kuzzy, potentially Kvitova fall. These are dangerous players if they bring their A game. If these players show up, they can cause a lot of issues for Serena, Halep, Kerber and even Vika if she is playing.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I would love to see Safarova or Vinci do well here. Picking Halep to win her maiden slam. It could have been her second if she did not play a doper in the previous final.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't know I feel like all of the people who would unnerve Serena are on the other side. While Azarenka and Kerber are capable, they come in with big question marks. I would be more worried if Vika had established strong clay credibility this season and didn't have a question mark concerning her health. I don't think Azarenka is quite at Serena's level quite yet to take a Slam especially on her least liked surface without a title or good prep work. I think expectations might haunt Kerber here.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RG will be like Rome...the draw falling apart ...RG is about momentum.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Old timers Daniela Hantuchova and Sorana Cristea have qualified. Klara Kokkulova, Kai Kanepi, Melani Oudin, Vania King all got eliminiated

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Serena's biggest motivator for doing well and winning in Paris should be focusing on keeping the number 1 ranking. I think if she focuses on that rather than the other things that could come with a win that she will be alright.

arfff123

Reactions
damn garbine's having a hard time in her first round match :/

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza is busy admiring herself in her imaginary mirror...she should play doubles with Cibby and spent time exchanging mirrors.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
There are daily threads to discuss today's action. http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4745

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Damn, Serena has very little margin for error if she wants to keep her #1 ranking. She needs Kerber and Aga to go out early.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well, she left alot of points on the table over the last 6 months. She didn't defend, USO or AO. She completely skipped the Asian swing and WTF. Didn't win IW or defend Miami. She's really fortunate to still be holding #1 right now.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't know that she will hold onto it past RG unless she defends here as she will lose 2000 points at the start of Wimbledon. Aga has semi points to defend and Kerber went out early I believe 3rd round last year at Wimbledon. I am hoping we are seeing the upswing for Serena and she defends at RG. I know she can get it back quickly, but it would suck as she is very close to most consecutive weeks at #1.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats to Mugu on winning her maiden slam. She had to go through the world #1 to get it and completely deserves the championship this year. She received 12.5% of the vote. Also congrats to arfff123 for voting for her win. :clap
Garbine+Muguruza+2016+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+xrxyZ_EPZckl.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
she has big man feet...

Ok. We know you are upset that she won. But, you don't have to bash her for winning against your favorite. Aren't you the one who have posted long articles on how people try to do "Body Shaming" of Serena and that it is very terrible? :rolleyes: :cover :nono