2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
they are getting killed in the paint. No defensive hustle and no urgency (like you said) or intensity to get this game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pathetic performance, this looks like your typical Bucks. Haven't won a playoff series since 2001.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Disgraceful, they won't even make it to game 7, weak performance. Kidd should be killing those clowns after that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Blake plays def, Melo not so much. He's only good for scoring and even then not consistently every night.

This is true..this is about the 5 year that gang of players including Doc has been together..they may have to break it up

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Clips are nothing, part of it is being out West and part is that they bought into their own hype. CP3 is probably on the downside of his career especially with the injuries piling up and the rest of those guys get overhyped. They may get past Utah but they would lose in 4 or 5 vs. Golden State.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I caught some of the game at the shop. Not a classic but Demar meant business today and Powell was a good idea. Coach sort of forgot about him and what he can bring to the table.

Raptors brought a good effort on defense, active hands and the Bucks were all too willing to give the ball away. They did good meeting Giannis on the spot, one of the weaknesses he has is he doesn't anticipate the defenders well going to the paint and he gets a lot of turnovers and offensive fouls because of it. He also wasn't looking to pass at all today and played too much hero ball. He will learn and eventually he's got to get a decent jump shot. Anyways this figures to be an easy Raps series win after this. Pretty pathetic effort from the home team, as a Bucks fan I'm used to it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
Blake plays def, Melo not so much. He's only good for scoring and even then not consistently every night.

This is true..this is about the 5 year that gang of players including Doc has been together..they may have to break it up

I can see that. Not every grouping can be as successful or have the longevity of the Spurs core group who have been together for years and will likely retire as Spurs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kwahi had one of the greatest playoffs game performance. His skills are close to LBJ..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't go that far AP. Leonard is an awesome player though, especially on defense. That is a surprising development that the Spurs are 2-2 with the Grizz. The Grizz have only gotten older and a bit weaker over time so I figured that was a 4 or 5 game series. I don't think Memphis is any threat to win in SA so it's still going to be Spurs in 6 or 7 but still a much better showing from them than I figured.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think he could become the next Lebron Darth. He's steadily developing his game and adding things to it. His jumpshot has really come up in the last 2 seasons and he hasn't missed a FT yet in this series. 40/40 I believe. Give him 2 more years. When Lebron is calling it quits, Kawhi could definitely fill his shoes.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I wouldn't go that far AP. Leonard is an awesome player though, especially on defense. That is a surprising development that the Spurs are 2-2 with the Grizz. The Grizz have only gotten older and a bit weaker over time so I figured that was a 4 or 5 game series. I don't think Memphis is any threat to win in SA so it's still going to be Spurs in 6 or 7 but still a much better showing from them than I figured.

I said close but no LBJ..Leonard offense is at the Kobe level..that was a great game ..Kwahi carried the Spurs..too bad the West is so loaded..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I think he could become the next Lebron Darth. He's steadily developing his game and adding things to it. His jumpshot has really come up in the last 2 seasons and he hasn't missed a FT yet in this series. 40/40 I believe. Give him 2 more years. When Lebron is calling it quits, Kawhi could definitely fill his shoes.

I don't know if Kwahi can dominate the game like Lebron but he can put up some numbers that compares like Kobe numbers comparison to MJ..Yes close but no where as good as the original

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Leonard will be 26 this summer. As great as Leonard is if we are comparing him to LeBron at the same age it isn't really close. Leonard is the better shooter and defender but he is not going to be a LeBron, doesn't have anywhere near the same impact. They don't really play alike on top of it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

I don't know if Kwahi can dominate the game like Lebron but he can put up some numbers that compares like Kobe numbers comparison to MJ..Yes close but no where as good as the original

Well nobody will be as good as the original. Just like LJ is not as good as MJ. But Leonard could be as exciting to watch as Lebron. He has alot of the skill, but he's a quiet player who isn't flashy and doesn't like a lot of limelight.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Breakout the brooms for Indy. Poor team will have nightmares all summer about game 3 while they gone fishin! :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Breakout the brooms for Indy. Poor team will have nightmares all summer about game 3 while they gone fishin! :snicker

That teams lacks a David West..a real leader..they're too sloppy, too careless and made it too easy for LBJ and co. Too bad, Nate is a very good coach. The both of you are mid westerners like myself, Indy has historically been soft, never tough enough..all due respect, Reggie Miller was their best and toughest minded player ever but he fought like a girl.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Larry Bird was pretty good at Indy U in his heyday

Nice Lady you know I am referring to the Pacers only..by the way Larry went to Indiana State ..he left IU, he couldn't deal with Bobby Knight :devil if I recall correctly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228
britbox Other Sports 76