2015 Wimbledon Final: S. Williams vs. Muguruza

Who ya got?

• Total voters

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena has said that in a couple of years Garbine could to lift the Wimbledon Trophy and Garbine saya about it: "It will be complicated but I'm going to work hard and hopefully I could make it"
Also she explains why she was crying when the crowd gave her such a long and great ovation: " I felt very happy and at the same time very angry". That's a very good sign to me, she seems that really wants to win and I think she will
She says that she went to the court thinking that the serve and the return would do the diference to win or to lose the match.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Serena has said that in a couple of years Garbine could to lift the Wimbledon Trophy and Garbine saya about it: "It will be complicated but I'm going to work hard and hopefully I could make it"
Also she explains why she was crying when the crowd gave her such a long and great ovation: " I felt very happy and at the same time very angry". That's a very good sign to me, she seems that really wants to win and I think she will
She says that she went to the court thinking that the serve and the return would do the diference to win or to lose the match.

I am ok with Garbine crying after the match. But, crying during the match, like Sabine, is a complete :nono to me. Put your best effort, lose and then cry. Don't :cry while playing the match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

I am ok with Garbine crying after the match. But, crying during the match, like Sabine, is a complete :nono to me. Put your best effort, lose and then cry. Don't :cry while playing the match.

Well that takes me back to '95 AO quarter with Sampras and Courier! Pete had a breakdown in the middle of the match because of Gullikson's collapse the day before! Courier tried to lighten the mood by say "we can do this tomorrow!" Sampras came back to win in 5 sets! He was emotionally drained but somehow got to final where he meekly let Agassi have his first AO with his "pirate" get-up! :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

I didn't know that Sabine was crying during the match, for real?. Of course I don't see anything wrong to cry after the match and more when the crowd was showing her their admiration, it had to be a very emotive moments and difficult to control her feelings

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FACTOID: Serena currently has 21 Slam Titles. If you add up the slam titles of all other active WTA singles players (Venus-7 + Dominatrix-5 + Vika-2 + Kvitova-2 + Kuznetsova-2 + Ana-1 + Stosur-1 + Schivaone-1), it adds up to exactly 21. SERENA + FIELD.

p.s. Learnt this from ESPN's "five things we learned" segment.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza is now going to be a target of other players and they are going to play her extra tough.I hope she is ready for the media attention that is coming after this Wimbledon and that the burden of expectation will not weigh very heavily on her shoulders....
I like that she seems to be down to earth....tired of the tired looking bottle blondes...she is really a breath of fresh air

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Given the weight of the occasion. I imagine Serena will get Arthur Ashe treatment for all of her matches. She might even get a leg up on scheduling. I can't imagine how excited American fans are going to be this summer. U.S. Open might even get record attendance. What a complete turnaround from last year.
Lol. I bought my tickets a few hour after she won#21 for the USO women's final. Hoping and praying she gets there. I have nose-bleed seats because that was all that was left that I could afford.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fefe26 said:
tossip said:
OMG the twitter verse is roasting pova s agent...

Why?? did he say something about Serena?
he was live tweeting during the final and then he said something silly about Serena s serve....twitter verse went in..:laydownlaughing..it was funny..

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You know everyone will be gunning for Serena at the U.S. Open. There will be much notoriety for any player that can take her down and stop history.