2015 Wimbledon Final: Djokovic v. Federer II

Make your choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger is sharper than I've seen him in a while. Nole not looking near as sharp as usual... Thoughts??

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Roger is sharper than I've seen him in a while. Nole not looking near as sharp as usual... Thoughts??

The same happened last year and yet Djokovic won. This year, Roger is a year older, Novak is playing better than in 2014...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:

It's a tossup. Novak today would not have beaten Federer today. I think Novak pulls it out in five, but he will have to raise his game Roger serves like this again.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

It's a tossup. Novak today would not have beaten Federer today. I think Novak pulls it out in five, but he will have to raise his game Roger serves like this again.

My thoughts? It was hard for him to get himself pumped up for his semi and maybe he was looking toward the final too much today. I think he will be more focused.

Alex Chen

Club Member
Reactions
I put Federer in 3 (contingent on him serving well), but I'm hoping for a match of 2013 Del Potro vs. Djokovic type quality (or Roddick vs. Federer, Nadal vs. Federer, etc.)

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
I genuinely think if Roger replicates that performance, he could even win in straights. I hope he wins however he does it, I'll vote for Roger in 4. Very hard to call though, which goes without saying.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the weather forecast is for rain on Sunday, that could affect things...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
I think the weather forecast is for rain on Sunday, that could affect things...

Not sure if that will change much as they are also the two best players indoors with Novak having cleaned up indoors the last couple years. Could benefit either guy really.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Toss up. But I think Roger will be a bit more confident this year, after the win today. Does it change anything if unplayable Nole shows up? Not really but that Nole has not showed up so far. I can only HOPE that Roger wins this in an epic.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:

My thoughts? It was hard for him to get himself pumped up for his semi and maybe he was looking toward the final too much today. I think he will be more focused.

I tend to agree with this. I might be just looking on the bright side, but beating Richie without even really having to pay attention will help Novak. I think at this point, my biggest fears are mental exhaustion, and he shouldn't experience that.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did anybody else hear the espn commenters saying Roger is playing the best tennis of his career? He is playing best tennis since 2012, but really, of his career? An inspired Novak would have beaten Fed today. Andy played way too passive.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Did anybody else hear the espn commenters saying Roger is playing the best tennis of his career? He is playing best tennis since 2012, but really, of his career? An inspired Novak would have beaten Fed today. Andy played way too passive.

Lol! They keep saying stuff like that. The one that really makes me laugh is when they say he's moving as well as ever :cover

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
btw.. the rain forecasts here are dire for Sunday. Can you imagine Roger having another good serving day and indoors to boot? OMG!!!

Alex Chen

Club Member
Reactions
Yeah, I noticed it too when the commentators remarked that Federer was moving as well as ever and playing the best tennis of his career. That was hysterical.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
really hope fed wins. if nole were to lose his confidence could be shattered after losing FO and now this.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:

If Roger can play like that he will win. But to expect him to serve 75% and have a +45 differential winners to errors in 3 sets is a lot to ask for and it is a different opponent. Nole played his best ever slam final to barely get through a Roger who played well but not like today. And as a Fed fan it was frustrating because Nole had played average/poor in his past 5+ slam finals before that (even the 2012 and 2013 Aussie finals he won were poor for his standards).

My thought coming into the semi was that if Roger could get through Murray pretty easily he will win the final. I'm sticking with that. If today was a bloody 5 set affair, as I kind of thought it might be, then Roger would have been in deep trouble before the first ball on Sunday.

Alex Chen

Club Member
Reactions
I really only watch the grand slams outside of the occasional tournament if it's shown on ESPN or one of the major networks. So, I'm wondering whether the people there would prefer to have multiple rain delays (however short they may be) over closing the roof for the entire match? Or, they could open it up after the rain stops (which would lead to a break as well)?

When was the last time the roof was closed for the final?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak hasn't look sharp in this event, but he's been okay. Apparently after the Anderson match ended, Becker (or someone in his entourage) said, "welcome to Wimbledon," signalling that Nole's Parisian funk was ending. I felt that Stan was affected adversely by Paris too, running out of steam here, But Novak has had a cozy draw, and handled everything efficiently, but not brilliantly.

I'm sure he'll be even better on Sunday. So far, he's cut his cloth to fit, and no more than this...

Alex Chen

Club Member
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Nole had played average/poor in his past 5+ slam finals before that (even the 2012 and 2013 Aussie finals he won were poor for his standards).

That's what makes predicting this match hard for me. If I had been here last year, I would have picked Federer in 3 or 4 for the 2014 final.

On a side note, I could care less who wins these tournaments - I just enjoy playing and watching tennis!