L. Siegemund
M. Hibi
A. Sasnovich
S. Rogers
A. Tatishvili

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena doesn't care about the USO series. She's in 2nd place. She still receives a bonus if she wins the open. How many people think Pliskova will place anywhere in the SF or Final to receive the bonus that comes w/ winning the USO series? Besides, she's already done something that's not likely to be done again: won the USO series 3 times. Of those 3 times 2 years went back-to-back winning the series and the USO. Who's going to do that again?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
pova has thrown down the gauntlet and said she will beat Serena in the semis...

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:

Please reference where you read and watch this.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
tossip said:

its not a must...:rolleyes:when i am good and ready

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
oh boy pova is on Armstrong on monday,,,her agent must be having a breakdown.Things are going to get messy for her on that court....just a feeling.
order has been restored
Serena is on at 7pm and then Rafa after that...

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
Calvy said:
tossip said:

its not a must...:rolleyes:when i am good and ready

In other words, you're freestyling as horrible as Meek Mills!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Street tennis, karaoke, ping pong with Stan, Kid's Day event, and on and on. It seems like Serena is doing one event after another. Makes me wonder how tired she's going to be before the tournament even starts.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Street tennis, karaoke, ping pong with Stan, Kid's Day event, and on and on. It seems like Serena is doing one event after another. Makes me wonder how tired she's going to be before the tournament even starts.
she will be aight:popcornactually this is good because it takes her mind off things..she will relax laugh with her buddies....its all good for her:popcorn

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:

Serena did not stay long today after she did her part at Arthur Ashe kids day. She signed a few tennis balls and left the court very quickly. She seemed tired.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think she is doing a lot of fun things before the Open to calm herself and have fun before the bubble begins. She has a day of rest tomorrow, so I am sure she will be good for Monday night.

Bounce It !!

Club Member
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Tough one. The only one I can see right that can beat Serena is herself. Does that count as one? :snicker

Some unranked player in the first three rounds with nothing to lose is probably Seren's biggest threat. Of the seeded players, I'll say Halep, Bencic and Azarenka. But once Serena gets to the QF, beating her is one of the hardest things to do.

Hmmmm, I not sure it counts as one, 3 maybe ;-) as my 3 picks with the best chance of beating Serena are 1) Serena, 2) Serena, and 3) Serena

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
if the elbow is not bothering her she will defend her title....

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well Serena's serve showed signs of coming back to life near the end of Cincy which will be crucial if things get tough for her here. The part of her game that kind of has receded is her return game. I hope that part improves more. I haven't seen her squander as many break chances in a while as she did over the summer. She isn't doing nearly enough on second serve returns as she should be; however, I think a lot of her missed opportunities on second serve stem from where she positions herself when she goes to receive second serve. I like where Serena left her game coming into the Open. She just needs to clean up the footwork and errors a bit more.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
if she wins it will be nice to see Richard Williams handing her the trophy....I think she will be so emotional and will give a heartfelt winner s speech.,dont want to see the Katrashians in her box,no John Legend and his wife,no Ciara or Lala.I want to see Eva Longoria who has been a true friend,Starr Jones,Anna Wintour and that blond guy who brings Moet,Mackie and her family....no friends who are after photo ops.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why would she wait until the draw comes out? Makes no sense. :nono

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wow. Didn't think she would get far but surprised. I guess she really wanted to go to that Nike event.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Why would she wait until the draw comes out? Makes no sense. :nono

I suspect she was afraid withdrawing any earlier would have compromised her appearances/endorsements in NYC.