2015 Davis Cup

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not a great quality match but that's not important, it's a great battle between them. I thought had Belgium held serve at 3-4, the momentum might have carried them to the set, but the Murray's raised their game triumphantly. So far, the score reflects the match perfectly...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Got to give credit to Team Goffin. They haven't played together but they are giving the Murrays all they can handle. Not over yet.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There's some tremendous rallies now...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Team Murray up a break in the 4th now. Lead 2-1. If Jamie manages to keep his serve here, it could be over quickly.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a great battle taking place on Jamie's serve now, they're bombarding him to try get that break back. Six break points saved...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Can't believe Jamie managed to keep his serve. That may have been the match right there. Murrays up 5-2.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
YES! They did it! Team Murray wins 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. One win away from the Davis Cup!

:woohoos

CU6BXUIUYAAMi-i.png

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a very impressive win by the brothers. What's the schedule tomorrow? :popcorn

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
It was a very impressive win by the brothers. What's the schedule tomorrow? :popcorn

Tomorrow is the time to put the last nail in the Goffin, oops Coffin. :laydownlaughing

Aung Aung

Reactions
GB will be huge favourites for tomorrow as Goffin will have to play 3 days straight which is same as murray but Goffin also played 5 sets yesterday.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:

Murray-Goffin up first at 13:00 Ghent time. Followed by Bemelmans-Edmund.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6X-Zlo2VJI[/video]

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
Andy holds. GBR leads 6-4, 4-6, 6-3. One set to go.

If Murray can complete this thing tomorrow, he'd have a really successful career if not for the brilliance and consistency of the "Big 3;" Nole, Rafa, and Roger! After winning an Olympic gold, a USO, and then a Wimbledon after decades of British futility, to take a DC will be really something but for the greatness of his contemporaries! His record will barely register; more in reference to Nole and Rafa probably! Few will care outside GB! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy: :devil

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:

If Murray can complete this thing tomorrow, he'd have a really successful career if not for the brilliance and consistency of the "Big 3;" Nole, Rafa, and Roger! After winning an Olympic gold, a USO, and then a Wimbledon after decades of British futility, to take a DC will be really something but for the greatness of his contemporaries! His record will barely register; more in reference to Nole and Rafa probably! Few will care outside GB! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy: :devil

So a Wimbledon title, a US Open title, 35 tour titles, 11 Masters 1000s, a No. 2 ranking, an Olympic Gold Medal, 8 Slam finals and a Davis Cup, all accomplished during the careers of three of the most dominant players in the Open era, is not successful?

Man, your standards are way too high for me. Who are you a fan of again? Was it Fed or Nole? I can never remember. I'll help you keep an eye out for the next bandwagon to jump on once their careers start sputtering so you can continue to call other players a failure.

:laydownlaughing :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:

So a Wimbledon title, a US Open title, 35 tour titles, 11 Masters 1000s, a No. 2 ranking, an Olympic Gold Medal, 8 Slam finals and a Davis Cup, all accomplished during the careers of three of the most dominant players in the Open era, is not successful?

Man, your standards are way too high for me. Who are you a fan of again? Was it Fed or Nole? I can never remember. I'll help you keep an eye out for the next bandwagon to jump on once their careers start sputtering so you can continue to call other players a failure.

I said in comparison to other top players in his era, Murray's woefully under-achieved! He should have won more; just like Nole probably let a few get away! It's all relative; the current Big 3 have spoiled us and raised expectations! If Murray had played a few years sooner, he might have won more majors! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :p :ras:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:
Fiero425 said:

I said in comparison to other top players in his era, Murray's woefully under-achieved! He should have won more; just like Nole probably let a few get away! It's all relative; the current Big 3 have spoiled us and raised expectations! If Murray had played a few years sooner, he might have won more majors! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :p :ras:

Yeah, let's continue to rag on the guy because he's having to go up against three of the greatest ever and keeps "under-achieving". Whatever man. Enjoy bashing him. I'm going to enjoy watching Andy try to win the Davis Cup today. Something I didn't think was possible a year ago.

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Andy will win this by himself ;)
Funny fact: Tuen he will have 2 more goals... just like Djoko ;) (AO and FO for Andy and FO and Olympic gold for Djoko).