2015 ATP General Tennis News

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The A'Rod and Brokklyn had a son last sunday. congrats to all the family

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What a great photo by ATP! The past, present and future stars of Asian tennis. Love this pic!

CRMvZzkUcAAM-Wd.jpg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan says he doesn't see a difference between a slam and the Davis Cup. “There is no comparison possible for me,” Wawrinka said. “Again, completely two different trophy(s). There is not one better than the other, it's just different competition."

He hasn't decided if he's playing the first round of the Davis Cup next year, which presumably means he also hasn't decided if he's playing the first round of the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, the US Open, either... :popcorn :cover

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I really would like to know what 2016 will bring to us. I think it will be pretty diferent than this year, hope to see much better game and competition from the young ones and not so young, otherwise this sport is going to lose many followers, in fact I know according what I'm reading and listening it's happening already :nono :-/ :cover

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Stan says he doesn't see a difference between a slam and the Davis Cup. “There is no comparison possible for me,” Wawrinka said. “Again, completely two different trophy(s). There is not one better than the other, it's just different competition."

He hasn't decided if he's playing the first round of the Davis Cup next year, which presumably means he also hasn't decided if he's playing the first round of the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, the US Open, either... :popcorn :cover

"All things are the same," Stan Wawrinka announced today. "There is [sic] no differences. My merit badge in the Boy Scouts -- same as Nobel Prize. There is not one better than the other."

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak, Murray, Federer, Wawrinka, Berdych and Nadal go to the Masters but there are still "two vacancy", which players will be?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Novak, Murray, Federer, Wawrinka, Berdych and Nadal go to the Masters but there are still "two vacancy", which players will be?

Nishikori and Ferrer.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Carol35 said:

Nishikori and Ferrer.

Gawd, I hope not; David's just a board for the top echelon to beat against! I'd be very surprised if he won even 1 RR match! :rolleyes: :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
David's just a board for the top echelon to beat against! I'd be very surprised if he won even 1 RR match!

Hey, if he's in Murray's group he could snag a win, as Andy will be wanting to exit as quickly as possible for the D.C. final with Belgium.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
nehmeth said:
Fiero425 said:
David's just a board for the top echelon to beat against! I'd be very surprised if he won even 1 RR match!

Hey, if he's in Murray's group he could snag a win, as Andy will be wanting to exit as quickly as possible for the D.C. final with Belgium.

I've been saying the same thing on here and other boards, but people are "poo-poo'n" it saying he has plenty of time to recover! They obviously have little idea the stress he's under with both the finishing events (YEC & DC) in his homeland! The demands on his time, playing the matches, and the history it entails has to be overwhelming! I have little or no sympathy for him, but I can understand what he must be going through! :nono :cover :angel: :dodgy: :p

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^^
Well, I think it's a poor time for the ATP to pull a power play to show up at the WTF (or else).

I am pretty sure the D.C. final will be in Belgium.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
From LG airport (NY) back to Miami and reading here and there I like this Rafa's interview

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/10/17/en/more_sports/1445100268.html

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
After three seasons together and runner-up finishes at Wimbledon and the USO this year, Jaime Murray and John Peers are calling it quits and will start 2016 with new partners. Murray will team up with Bruno Soares next year.
Very weird. There's probably something going on behind the scenes that they aren't telling everyone.

Article