10 Andy Murray GBR 3155 -1 - Lost in US Open QF - -
11 Jo Wilfried Tsonga FRA 2555 - - Lost in US Open R16 - -
12 Ernests Gulbis LAT 2400 - - Lost in US Open R64 - -
13 Marin Cilic CRO 2360 - US Open QF - 2720 4000

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Big Bad Wolf said:
Most of you are just crazed fans of Novak. Ugh, I truly am disgusted.

Even if you don't post again... this is a highly original gem of a post. You're the first person (and possibly the last) to come to the conclusion that the board is just full of crazed Novak fans.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Yea I was thinking he would be around #10. That's unbelievable. And YTD rankings isn't he about #10 or so too?

Yes, he falls there too behind Nishikori. So he will have to outperform minimum 2 of the: Ferrer, Berdych, Raonic, Dimitrov and Nishikori group the rest of the year, to make the WTF. It will be a tight and fascinating race.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
watched up to the "reverse" tiebreak..checked scores and andy fell away. good for djokovic..dismal for murray.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
he's only about 500 points behind David Ferrer in 5th. Definitely doable

Not saying is not doable. But I have heard this tape since...Queens
Also none of his competitors will rest on their laurels.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
1 Novak Djokovic SRB 8150 - US Open SF - 8630 9430
2 Rafael Nadal ESP 6650 - - - - -
3 Roger Federer SUI 6520 - US Open QF - 6880 8160
World Tour Finals Qualification Cut 4925
4 Stan Wawrinka SUI 4725 - - Lost in US Open QF - -
5 David Ferrer ESP 3535 - - Lost in US Open R32 - -
6 Tomas Berdych CZE 3510 +2 US Open QF - 3870 5150
7 Milos Raonic CAN 3425 -1 - Lost in US Open R16 - -
8 Grigor Dimitrov BUL 3335 -1 - Lost in US Open R16 - -
9 Kei Nishikori JPN 3195 +1 US Open SF - 3675 4475
10 Andy Murray GBR 3155 -1 - Lost in US Open QF - -
11 Jo Wilfried Tsonga FRA 2555 - - Lost in US Open R16 - -
12 Ernests Gulbis LAT 2400 - - Lost in US Open R64 - -
13 Marin Cilic CRO 2360 - US Open QF - 2720 4000

Well Murray is just 400 behind #5 for YTD so yea, if he does have a good Fall he might make it to #5. Was thinking there was a bigger gap.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
At the end of the day the guy is still waaaaay better than the rest! I think we're being a bit down on him after losing to Novak. I think his form has to pick up. Form is temporary. Anyway it would be a disaster if he doesn't make the O2

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
The Big Bad Wolf said:

Even if you don't post again... this is a highly original gem of a post. You're the first person (and possibly the last) to come to the conclusion that the board is just full of crazed Novak fans.

I almost never use this emoticon. But here it is appropriate.

:laydownlaughing

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
At the end of the day the guy is still waaaaay better than the rest! I think we're being a bit down on him after losing to Novak. I think his form has to pick up. Form is temporary. Anyway it would be a disaster if he doesn't make the O2

Not sure I'd say he is way better than Stan going forward. And who knows if he will ever get back to 2012-2013 form...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
The Big Bad Wolf said:

Only crazed Novak fans would consider using that emoticon :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^It'll be interesting to see. He certainly has more champions belief than Stan. I personally like Stan's game way more than Murray's, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the better player. But let's see what happens going forward. Murray was never going to be better than a Courier type player anyway (in terms of slam achievement) in my opinion. I think the British press see how Novak is doing and naturally conflate the two.. He is not now, nor has he ever been, in Novak's class in my opinion. 15 years ago he might have been able to get away with that joke of a second serve or the erratic forehand, but not in the age of the universal player

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm still thinking that MAYBE the never give up, refuse to lose, 100% on every point murray vanished forever when he lifted the Wimbledon title..

MAYBE he is mentally out of it now,
MAYBE he is conning himself into still believing he really wants it like before,
when MAYBE deep down he knows his motivation has gone.

I dunno though.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
The Big Bad Wolf said:

I never would have guessed moxie was a crazed Novak fan - not in a million years. I guess the Big Bad Wolf was right

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
The Big Bad Wolf said:

I never would have guessed moxie was a crazed Novak fan - not in a million years. I guess the Big Bad Wolf was right

Typical Wafa fan to seem outraged that not everyone loves their boy. The audacity to root for someone else. Hope the door didn't hit his tail on the way out.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Big Bad Wolf said:
calitennis127 said:
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:
Moxie629 said:
I'd say it's a combination, though, isn't it? Between Murray and Djokovic, it can come down to fitness, because of the way they play, and the resulting 'how they play against each other.' A shot-maker still has a place in the game. But they all have to be fit. That is not a question.

A bit of both sure but predominantly fitness is what prevails in the modern game imo. cali also agrees. He loves the stamina topic :cool:

:laydownlaughing Yes, that old, unprejudiced expert of the modern game. Where is he, btw? Come on, you've been with the rest of us, I think, to declaim the lack of fitness, mental and physical in such nice shotmakers as Nishikori and Dimitrov. How can you have men play best of 5 matches in sometimes very tough conditions, and have it not come down, in part, to fitness? But also mental toughness. It has to be a combo, though I don't think fitness wins in the end over better tennis, if you have both. It's when push comes to shove, as it did tonight, with Djokovic and Murray. Either would have beaten most of the field handily tonight. But, against each other…different story. Something has to give, and it was Murray's fitness, tonight. That doesn't mean that the only reason Djokovic won is that he's fitter. He's also great in many other ways. It's about being the full package.

Moxie has to get this dig in against Djokovic because anyone with two eyes can see that whenever Djokovic has been on top of his game on any surface, he has clearly been a better tennis player than Nadal has ever been, with better shots and more game overall. Many have attributed Nadal's wins over Djokovic to fitness in large part, so this is Moxie's way of striking back. I would be upset too if my favorite player was up a set in the Rome final and then lost the final 2 because the other guy hit 45 winners to my guy's 15.

Better shotmaker, better player, more game. Novak Djokovic compared to Rafael Nadal.
I don't know what kind of distorted vision you have, but to make SUCH AN OUTRAGEOUS CLAIM? Novak a better player overall? I see this forum for what it is now, I thought you people actually talk about tennis, but no, all you do is bash players who are clearly a lot better than your favourite in some aspect, Nadal or Murray in particular, and I don't even want to argue I know I am right, I'm just glad I saw this now I will never log on here again. Most of you are just crazed fans of Novak. Ugh, I truly am disgusted.

There is nothing distorted about saying that Djokovic had 45 winners to Nadal's 15 in the Rome final. Those are facts.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
The Big Bad Wolf said:
calitennis127 said:
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:
A bit of both sure but predominantly fitness is what prevails in the modern game imo. cali also agrees. He loves the stamina topic :cool:

:laydownlaughing Yes, that old, unprejudiced expert of the modern game. Where is he, btw? Come on, you've been with the rest of us, I think, to declaim the lack of fitness, mental and physical in such nice shotmakers as Nishikori and Dimitrov. How can you have men play best of 5 matches in sometimes very tough conditions, and have it not come down, in part, to fitness? But also mental toughness. It has to be a combo, though I don't think fitness wins in the end over better tennis, if you have both. It's when push comes to shove, as it did tonight, with Djokovic and Murray. Either would have beaten most of the field handily tonight. But, against each other…different story. Something has to give, and it was Murray's fitness, tonight. That doesn't mean that the only reason Djokovic won is that he's fitter. He's also great in many other ways. It's about being the full package.

Moxie has to get this dig in against Djokovic because anyone with two eyes can see that whenever Djokovic has been on top of his game on any surface, he has clearly been a better tennis player than Nadal has ever been, with better shots and more game overall. Many have attributed Nadal's wins over Djokovic to fitness in large part, so this is Moxie's way of striking back. I would be upset too if my favorite player was up a set in the Rome final and then lost the final 2 because the other guy hit 45 winners to my guy's 15.

Better shotmaker, better player, more game. Novak Djokovic compared to Rafael Nadal.
I don't know what kind of distorted vision you have, but to make SUCH AN OUTRAGEOUS CLAIM? Novak a better player overall? I see this forum for what it is now, I thought you people actually talk about tennis, but no, all you do is bash players who are clearly a lot better than your favourite in some aspect, Nadal or Murray in particular, and I don't even want to argue I know I am right, I'm just glad I saw this now I will never log on here again. Most of you are just crazed fans of Novak. Ugh, I truly am disgusted.

There is nothing distorted about saying that Djokovic had 45 winners to Nadal's 15 in the Rome final. Those are facts.

Nehmeth, Herios, Billie, (where is Mastoor), We have finally won. :lolz: In spite of their being only 4 or 5 hardcore novak fans, that is the nature of the board!

Really BBW, if that is what you see, it is a truly original opinion. More rafa fans probably than any other player, although I think a good couple of fed fans jump over to Novak within his rivalry with rafa.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I am a fan of Rafa and Novak,I dont consider myself a 'crazed fan' at all :)

Bounce It !!

Club Member
Reactions
DarthFed said:
herios said:
DarthFed said:
federberg said:
^ That's a fair point. At the end of the day it's all about where you see yourself in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion he has no right to judge himself in the same way that Rafa, Nole, or Roger would self assess. But even if he hasn't been doing that, I agree his form has been woeful. But let's see how his run into the end of the year goes now. I'm betting he wins one of the final master series. Rafa never really does well on that swing, Roger and Novak have done enough this year not to care to much, so I don't think he'll be competing against them. It's a chance to get those ranking points back. I would be surprised if he isn't at least ranked 5 at the end of the year

I don't know the ranking situation but I'd imagine he'd have to have a very very good Fall to get to #5 by the end of the year.

Murray will fall in ranking following the USO to 10, being passed by Nishikori. He will most likely be ranked outside of the top 8 comes Shanghai master.
He benefited by Rafa's absence in the NA summer events, getting a top 8 seed, but I doubt that 2 players ranked ahead of him will skip Shanghai. He may perform well there, but his draw could be very tough.

Yea I was thinking he would be around #10. That's unbelievable. And YTD rankings isn't he about #10 or so too?

Murray is currently #10, 3155 Race Points. Ferrer, #5, has 3555 Race Points. With the 380 pt differential, it should be a real dog fight for the top 8 spots. That Murray kept playing last night tells me, whatever was ailing him, was not serious. Let's hope. To me, he has improved drastically this tournament, Mauresmo? Could be.