2014 Roger's Cup Toronto

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Why are they showing boxing on tv? It is not the case that JO Willie is on court either.

That's what I'm wondering. Earlier I had little league, now I've got boxing. Watching on the internet. Why to I pay for the Tennis Channel, then, if they're not showing a MS/Premiere ATP/WTA combined event? :mad:

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
This is increasingly reminding me of Roger's Miami loss to Kei this year. David coming out of nowhere this week after an R2 loss in Wimbledon, a QF loss in (was it Bastad?) and that loss to Leo Mayer in the Hamburg final....

This match could go either way.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:
I know people don't like it when fans of a player blame a loss (or potential loss) on said player not playing well, but if Roger loses this it is such a clear case of him...losing and Ferrer not winning. Roger is so dominant over Ferrer in terms of their matchup, so clearly above Ferrer's highest level that he will have to shank his way to a loss. And he very may well do so.

I think it's fine to say that on occasion, when it's true. The problem is, with Fed, it's always what his fans say. :cool:

Really? I only say that when the match-up so clearly favors Roger, like against Ferrer. I don't say that when he loses to, say, Rafa - where the match-up favors Nadal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude said:
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:
I know people don't like it when fans of a player blame a loss (or potential loss) on said player not playing well, but if Roger loses this it is such a clear case of him...losing and Ferrer not winning. Roger is so dominant over Ferrer in terms of their matchup, so clearly above Ferrer's highest level that he will have to shank his way to a loss. And he very may well do so.

I think it's fine to say that on occasion, when it's true. The problem is, with Fed, it's always what his fans say. :cool:

Really? I only say that when the match-up so clearly favors Roger, like against Ferrer. I don't say that when he loses to, say, Rafa - where the match-up favors Nadal.

True, it's others that say it more, but do give some credit to the opponent here. And it's not like he's ranked #50.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
got out of trouble. but it should not be that troublesome in the first place.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
It's 4.20am for me. I honestly can't believe I'm still up watching this. Roger should have done this something like 6-3 6-3...

I can't complain though, who wants straightforward, predictable matches? :)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:

I give credit to Ferrer hanging in there in the third set, but the second set was all Shankerer.

True, it's others that say it more, but do give some credit to the opponent here. And it's not like he's ranked #50.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude said:
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:
Moxie629 said:
El Dude said:

I give credit to Ferrer hanging in there in the third set, but the second set was all Shankerer.

A lot, yes. He had about 2x the UFEs. And now he has the break, so it may be moot.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
tannoys got a bit of bee gees going on..AH AH AH AHHHH STAYIN ALIVE.

Tannoys?