Internazionali BNL d'Italia- Rome ATP1000 - 14th May to 21st May

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer and Nadal meeting at Wimbledon is about as likely as OlegMacNoLeg winning the NYC marathon :ptennis:

It's possible they could meet in a QF. I wouldn't bet on Rafa making it that far but not impossible. Anyways, let's just say I wouldn't fear a Fed-Rafa tussle on Wimbledon in any way whatsoever. He did pretty piss poor for most of the 2008 match against a much better Nadal, it'd be some nice payback this time.

Reactions: Front242

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wow, Thiem is getting destroyed. I was really hoping for a Zverev-Thiem final, but oh well...

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All of a sudden I'm sensing Rafa fans quake in their booties about Roland Garros, as Novak seems to be finding his form.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Mary

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Zed breadsticks Isner to seal the final set. Finals bound.

Great result for him. After getting blown out early in both MC and Barcelona I figured he wouldn't make any noise on clay this year. He almost made the semis last week and now he reached the finals. Racking up the points, he will be nearing the top 10 soon I think.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
All of a sudden I'm sensing Rafa fans quake in their booties about Roland Garros, as Novak seems to be finding his form.

They shouldn't be. Nole has to do more than just have 1 good tournament to show he's back. Part of his issue is match-to-match and week-to-week consistency. A win would definitely be a good sign for him though but doesn't signal that he's back yet.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, even his return of serve is coming back. His hands look magnetic with those great returns. Even Roger's fans would be worried for Wimbledon if Djokovic can get his whole game back.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions

Yeah. Everyone is shivering because of the sheer love and peace Pushak will give them.
Oh my god, I can't wait for Nadal to play him at RG, knowing that Rafa will play his heart out against him now that he is riding this wave of confidence.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, with a break in the first game this match is not worth watching (unless you're a Novak fan, then enjoy). Novak looks back and if he can build on this, is going to be a factor for the rest of the year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah. Everyone is shivering because of the sheer love and peace Pushak will give them.
Oh my god, I can't wait for Nadal to play him at RG, knowing that Rafa will play his heart out against him now that he is riding this wave of confidence.

Like Rafa wasn't playing his heart out when Nole has waxed him in the past. If Nole becomes even close to what he was before then Rafa and everyone else has lots to fear. But I wouldn't say that one good result shows he is back to being himself.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It also seems that my wish is getting real, Thiem killing himself and Rafa going home to rest and practice to get RG in the best conditions. The bad part is that Thiem tomorrow will be dead and lose :confused:
You were correct again.. Unlike Rafa.. Novak isn't let Thiem control the points.. they just showed a stat where Novak is hitting all his winners right around the baseline position whereas Rafa was being bullied further back in the court.. Still no worry about Rafa's form.. I am biting for El Dude's comments about worrying.. its too silly.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Then I was correct, Thiem left yesterday all that he has, strength, game and mind after to beat the best clay player of the history, nothing more to,give and to say, the same story again and again :facepalm::confused::cuckoo:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You were correct again.. Unlike Rafa.. Novak isn't let Thiem control the points.. they just showed a stat where Novak is hitting all his winners right around the baseline position whereas Rafa was being bullied further back in the court.. Still no worry about Rafa's form.. I am biting for El Dude's comments about worrying.. its too silly.

To me, that is always the problem with players like Murray and Nadal; often playing back so far they have to dodge the linesmen and the ball kids! :nono:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Wasn't you the one who whined last week when I mentioned the Beloved put you felt comparing him to others unfair..

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like Rafa wasn't playing his heart out when Nole has waxed him in the past. If Nole becomes even close to what he was before then Rafa and everyone else has lots to fear. But I wouldn't say that one good result shows he is back to being himself.
Maybe not more for the result, but the way he is playing.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa just peed himself a little bit with that shout from Novak.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This is an absolute demolition. And boring too as it's so one sided.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
To me, that is always the problem with players like Murray and Murray; often playing back so far they have to dodge the linesmen and the ball kids! :nono:
Very true.. that's why I didn't buy all that Novak's form now is a shell of what he Blah.,Blah Blah.. Because Rafa defeated him in Madrid, the anti Nadal fans predicted Novak's demise which is why I didnt respond..Novak knows how to win matches.. He is one of the best ever and he just as I stated has a blimp in the road but still very capable of defeating anyone

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Then I was correct, Thiem left yesterday all that he has, strength, game and mind after to beat the best clay player of the history, nothing more to,give and to say, the same story again and again :facepalm::confused::cuckoo:

Best clay player in history was Chris Evert but otherwise, yes, usually after a big win the next match is a dud from the guy who scored a big upset.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rafa just peed himself a little bit with that shout from Novak.

You are honestly rooting for Novak? I just threw up a little. Ugh. I have to wash my hands after replying to this post. I am so disappointed in you, Dude.

Reactions: Carol