Discuss.Tennis/Tennis-Prose/Tennis Frontier Merger

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hi peeps,

I'm pleased to announce that Discuss.Tennis, Tennis-Prose and Tennis Frontier will be combining forces at the end of this week to forge a new website.

The new website will fall under the Tennis-Prose.com domain and this forum will be rebadged as the Tennis Prose Forum. This Xenforo board software will be used to run the forum, so Discuss.Tennis posters won't notice much of a change other than the branding and the site address.

Techie Notice

The only minor issue you may encounter when you first goto login to the new site address is that your browser won't have retained any saved passwords (as the website address is new), so make sure you know your password! If you can't remember it and it's just been autosaved in your browser, then it's not really going to be an issue, you can also quickly hit the forgotten password link and do a reset.

Forum

All the posts and posters from the Tennis Frontier Forum will merged into this board. Any posters who cross-posted on both sites can login using their normal Discuss Tennis accounts. Your Tennis Frontier posts and post counts will be added to your account here.

Downtime

The Discuss.Tennis site will close at 7pm Sunday US EST. Tennis Frontier board will close at 10pm Sunday US EST. The Tennis Prose website won't experience any downtime.

and then...

The new board which will have the address tennis-prose.com/tennisforum will be active around 4am Monday US EST. (This new address won't work until that time). There will be redirects on the old website addresses for Discuss.Tennis and Tennis.Frontier, so if you visit a page on one of those sites, you will be redirected to the relevant page on the new address.

Moderation/Admin

The new site will not have moderators, but will have admins that maintain the site with a light-touch (only if required) moderating policy.

The Future is Bright!

The new site will strengthen the community - we have pro writers such as Scoop and Dan, new commenters from Tennis-Prose (lots of knowledgeable peeps), and the combined user base of Discuss.Tennis and Tennis Frontier. Tennis Boards and forums in general have closed down in numbers over the last few years, largely due to the advent of social media... however, a good forum is still viable and we will have the numbers with the new move.

Thanks

Thanks to @scoop of Tennis-Prose, kskate and @El Dude from Tennis Frontier, @Moxie from here and our favourite Brazilian poster @mrzz for triggering a chain of events that should prove to be the best one in the long term for visitors of all three sites... and thanks to all those who helped support this forum over the last couple of years with their patronage and behind the scenes. @Billie who is taking an extended break is another who helped a lot with getting this place going.

New beginnings!

Cheers BB

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agreed! Glad this is happening. Maybe it will draw in some of the old folks who dwindled away...or maybe not. Either way, I think this is a good move and am excited about conversations to come.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm looking forward to jawing and sparring with old friends, and new ones. This is a good move.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Maybe some missing classic Discuss Tennis posters could take the opportunity and show up again.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe some missing classic Discuss Tennis posters could take the opportunity and show up again.
I'm hoping a lot of people find their way back. Or get reenergized by the wider conversation.

Reactions: mrzz

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The opening day of this combined forums saw the announcement that Fed won't play RG. The second day saw the announcement that Meldopova can't play RG. What will the third day bring? :wacko:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The million likes I had from TF have vanished mysteriously. :cry:

Yeah, the Like System on TF was via a third party plugin rather than the main board. I reckon I can get them over but it's behind a couple of other things on the to do list. So, at some point in the near future, you'll just see them reappear.

Reactions: kskate2

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the Like System on TF was via a third party plugin rather than the main board. I reckon I can get them over but it's behind a couple of other things on the to do list. So, at some point in the near future, you'll just see them reappear.

I was just kidding. It is not important to me that the count is restored.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa losing to Jack Sock? Yeah, right.