Boxing

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Joshua v Klitschko. Big fight at the weekend... finally here after a long build up.

Like Bellew's appraisal:

I like Joshua. Think he stops Klitschko.

N

Nekro

Joshua v Klitschko. Big fight at the weekend... finally here after a long build up.

Like Bellew's appraisal:

I like Joshua. Think he stops Klitschko.

hahaha mentally destroyed Klitschko :D :lulz1: lol that guy knows nothing about Ukrainians :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cracking fight between Joshua and Klitschko - defied conventional wisdom that Joshua would win early and Klitschko late. Both fighters down... Joshua looking totally gassed for a period and then pulling it off with an eleventh round stoppage.

You'll probably have to be quick to watch the video below before it gets removed.

Last edited:
N

Nekro

Meh, old guy was so slow already against the Irish dude and here too, was much harder than expected for Joshua.....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought Pacquiao was robbed, but I totally agree with Chris Broussard. Always been suspicious about how Manny was able to go up the weights and still retain punching power. Glad to hear someone say it at last!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thought Pacquiao was robbed, but I totally agree with Chris Broussard. Always been suspicious about how Manny was able to go up the weights and still retain punching power. Glad to hear someone say it at last!

Lot of controversy about the decision, even the Brisbane papers gave it to Manny by a mile.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This was big news around here. Pacquiao is a big hero. Was it really a controversial decision?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a shocker. The referee was telling Horn that he had to show something at one point, otherwise he would call it off. It's not so much the loss, which was bad, but the scoring. 117 - 110?? Really? :facepalm:

They are doing tremendous damage to boxing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this was really really interesting insight into fighting Floyd...

Reactions: britbox

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone else watching Canelo - GGG? Maaaan... I'm really looking forward to this one. I have a feeling that Cannel's fighting him at just the right time. GGG is just a little bit less good than he used to be and has been getting hit more and more. It's going to be a cracker

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure yet. Was planning to but have a few family commitments that might stop me watching live. This is the real fight of the year though, not that Mayweather/McGregor circus.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh absolutely. This and Ward Kovalev 2 of course. That was a cracker

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Boxing really needs to clean it's act up. I'm a Canelo fan, but no way on earth was that a draw. GGG won comfortably

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Adelaide Byrd scored it 118 - 110 to Canelo :facepalm:

In what world? What solar system could that be a justifiable score? I had it about 116 - 112 to GGG. I mean if she had said something like 115 - 113 Canelo I would have been pissed but I could have accepted it because Canelo definitely had the most eye catching punches and he was good slipping away. He spent far too much time on the ropes, and if his plan was to wait until GGG was tired it failed badly because he was like a god damned robot. Canelo gave up too many passive rounds in the middle. You could argue that some of those rounds could have been seen slightly differently. This is as bad as CJ Ross, sadly another woman. Something has to be done about this. It's a fucking tragedy

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Even Cannel's fans booed the result. You gotta love the Mexicans, they know their boxing. If that judge isn't struck off like CJ Ross, I just don't know. Disgusting!!!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't seen it yet, but people I've spoken with generally had it 116-112, 115-113 to GGG... The 118-110 stinks of another corrupt judge!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
this debate between Teddy Atlas and Stephen A Smith encapsulates most of it...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched the fight now and think it was a good one. I thought GGG won it but Canelo did some pretty good work. I had Triple G but a draw isn't the most disgraceful result... it's not good, but it's the manner of how the draw was arrived at that is disgraceful. Seen far worse (thinking Bradley/PacMan, Chavez/Whitaker etc). The disgrace is the 118-10 verdict in Canelo's favour - that woman should never score another boxing match IMO.

So yeah, GGG should have got the decision, a draw is being favourable to Canelo (but not impossible to comprehend, even though I find it difficult)... but the scoring by one judge was so ridiculous it brings boxing into disrepute (again).

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched the fight now and think it was a good one. I thought GGG won it but Canelo did some pretty good work. I had Triple G but a draw isn't the most disgraceful result... it's not good, but it's the manner of how the draw was arrived at that is disgraceful. Seen far worse (thinking Bradley/PacMan, Chavez/Whitaker etc). The disgrace is the 118-10 verdict in Canelo's favour - that woman should never score another boxing match IMO.

So yeah, GGG should have got the decision, a draw is being favourable to Canelo (but not impossible to comprehend, even though I find it difficult)... but the scoring by one judge was so ridiculous it brings boxing into disrepute (again).

My thinking exactly! And I chuckled when I saw the historic bouts you used for flagrantly bad decisions. I used the same two when talking to a mate!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Sports 1
B Other Sports 24
JasonNorin Other Sports 6
Kieran Other Sports 1
britbox Other Sports 3