The Frontier Chat Bar

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Another Summer is winding down for me which means back to school and homework and studying and reading books. This year for me is a huge year for me as I am going into the 9th grade(Freshman Year) and into my first year of high school. I am really excited and also really nervous about it. It is going to be a lot bigger than my Middle School and I get to meet more kids and make more friends which is majorly awesome. I also in the Spring will be going out for the Tennis Team which will be something I have never done before. I have played in local Junior Tournaments around my area for kids my age but never for a school. So that will be awesome. The whole going to the football games and dances will also be great. The homework can be left out though. :lol6:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Another Summer is winding down for me which means back to school and homework and studying and reading books. This year for me is a huge year for me as I am going into the 9th grade(Freshman Year) and into my first year of high school. I am really excited and also really nervous about it. It is going to be a lot bigger than my Middle School and I get to meet more kids and make more friends which is majorly awesome. I also in the Spring will be going out for the Tennis Team which will be something I have never done before. I have played in local Junior Tournaments around my area for kids my age but never for a school. So that will be awesome. The whole going to the football games and dances will also be great. The homework can be left out though. :lol6:
I hope you enjoy yourself at school.

Books can be interesting. (1 of my hobbies is reading when I can because of my urge to write. Recently, I've read a page or 2 & then come up with ideas for short stories, poems & songs so have had to write them down. Lol.)

I've just had a meeting at work. They're going to start teaching adults to read & are training staff to do that. As I already got trained to teach under-12s English & maths I've been asked to take the training. (I'm being sent on a business skills course followed by computer courses because my skills & qualifications for that are now seen as out of date. I've even been asked to do book-keeping & accounts. I've also got a 1st aid course to do as previous ones were postponed. I have done defib training though. I've already done a couple of creative writing courses at work as well as arts/crafts courses & art history courses.) I'm a heritage preservationist. (It's quicker & easier to say I'm a heritage preservationist that to list all my jobs. Lol.) My job is very varied & can be challenging.

I hope you like your new school & being in high school. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Hailz

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I hope you enjoy yourself at school.

Books can be interesting. (1 of my hobbies is reading when I can because of my urge to write. Recently, I've read a page or 2 & then come up with ideas for short stories, poems & songs so have had to write them down. Lol.)

I've just had a meeting at work. They're going to start teaching adults to read & are training staff to do that. As I already got trained to teach under-12s English & maths I've been asked to take the training. (I'm being sent on a business skills course followed by computer courses because my skills & qualifications for that are now seen as out of date. I've even been asked to do book-keeping & accounts. I've also got a 1st aid course to do as previous ones were postponed. I have done defib training though. I've already done a couple of creative writing courses at work as well as arts/crafts courses & art history courses.) I'm a heritage preservationist. (It's quicker & easier to say I'm a heritage preservationist that to list all my jobs. Lol.) My job is very varied & can be challenging.

I hope you like your new school & being in high school. Good luck!
Thanks so much. I do like reading books but not text books. So the books assigned by my English class won't be a problem unless they are really boring ones from the ancient days. :lol6:

I think I am more nervous about getting lost going from class to class and having trouble with my new locker and stuff like that. It might take me a week or two to really set in but it will be fine.

Horsa

Reactions
Thanks so much. I do like reading books but not text books. So the books assigned by my English class won't be a problem unless they are really boring ones from the ancient days. :lol6:

I think I am more nervous about getting lost going from class to class and having trouble with my new locker and stuff like that. It might take me a week or two to really set in but it will be fine.
You're welcome. I found some of the text books interesting (normally history & some science). Some of the ancient books are the best in my opinion. Lol.

I can understand the fear of getting lost. If there's something I'm good at, it's getting lost. Geography was never my strong point. I ditched it when I had the chance (in my last 2 years of school). Lol.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
You're welcome. I found some of the text books interesting (normally history & some science). Some of the ancient books are the best in my opinion. Lol.

I can understand the fear of getting lost. If there's something I'm good at, it's getting lost. Geography was never my strong point. I ditched it when I had the chance (in my last 2 years of school). Lol.
I am taking English 9, French 1, US Government, Drawing 1, Algebra 2, Physical Educ./Health Educ., Tech. Educ. & Physical Science.

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
I am taking English 9, French 1, US Government, Drawing 1, Algebra 2, Physical Educ./Health Educ., Tech. Educ. & Physical Science.
You have got some good subjects there. French was my favourite. I picked Drama & Theatre Arts as my arts subject. We had to do all Maths & all Sciences. We got a choice in the technology subjects though. I chose Food Technology. (The best part of Food Technology was when we got to make cream buns though eating them afterwards was even better. Lol.)

Good luck.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
You have got some good subjects there. French was my favourite. I picked Drama & Theatre Arts as my arts subject. We had to do all Maths & all Sciences. We got a choice in the technology subjects though. I chose Food Technology. (The best part of Food Technology was when we got to make cream buns though eating them afterwards was even better. Lol.)

Good luck.
We have to take 1 year of Tech. Ed. and I wanted to get it over with in my 9th grade year. They do have a Foods program at my school that starts in the 10th grade and goes to the 12th grade. I am planning to take that. We have to take Math and English every year. Science and History 3 years. The drawing class was the one elective class I got to choose this year. We have to take Physical Education twice.

Horsa

Reactions
We have to take 1 year of Tech. Ed. and I wanted to get it over with in my 9th grade year. They do have a Foods program at my school that starts in the 10th grade and goes to the 12th grade. I am planning to take that. We have to take Math and English every year. Science and History 3 years. The drawing class was the one elective class I got to choose this year. We have to take Physical Education twice.
Food studies is good. (I had to take it from middle school but got the chance to keep it or drop it for another technology subject in the last 2 years of high school. I kept it.) It sounds like you're going to have a hard but fun & fascinating year.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Food studies is good. (I had to take it from middle school but got the chance to keep it or drop it for another technology subject in the last 2 years of high school. I kept it.) It sounds like you're going to have a hard but fun & fascinating year.
French is a brand new thing for me so that might be hard. Math never comes really easy to me but I do pretty well with it. The rest of the classes should be okay.

Horsa

Reactions
French is a brand new thing for me so that might be hard. Math never comes really easy to me but I do pretty well with it. The rest of the classes should be okay.
Don't worry about French! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's very easy. I'm glad you'll find most of your classes o.k.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Don't worry about French! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's very easy. I'm glad you'll find most of your classes o.k.
I actually enjoy learning. Having lots of homework really sucks, but I guess that is all part of it. Math has always been the hardest subject for me. I have to work really hard to get it. I end up doing well in the Math classes, but I have to work really hard at it.

Horsa

Reactions
I actually enjoy learning. Having lots of homework really sucks, but I guess that is all part of it. Math has always been the hardest subject for me. I have to work really hard to get it. I end up doing well in the Math classes, but I have to work really hard at it.
That's great.

I remember having piles of homework 1/2 the size of me to do everyday. I did French homework in 10 minutes flat as I found French to be the easiest subject. The hardest subjects for me were art, P.E. & geography. (I know. I work in the arts/crafts, history & music side of heritage preservation but I wasn't good at art at school. I improved later on.)

Sometimes we need to work hard to get the best results.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I think my favorite subject is History and Physical Education/Health. I took drawing because I think it will be fun, not really because I am really good at it. English I do okay with and I like it. Math and Science are the hardest ones for me. I really don't know how I will do with French and Tech. Ed.

Horsa

Reactions
I think my favorite subject is History and Physical Education/Health. I took drawing because I think it will be fun, not really because I am really good at it. English I do okay with and I like it. Math and Science are the hardest ones for me. I really don't know how I will do with French and Tech. Ed.
My favourite subjects were French, history & drama.

I'm glad you like English. It's important & can be fun at times.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
My favourite subjects were French, history & drama.

I'm glad you like English. It's important & can be fun at times.
I think English is very important. That is also why I like to read books because it helps me with it. Even though I don't like reading boring stuff, I do like to read.

Horsa

Reactions
I think English is very important. That is also why I like to read books because it helps me with it. Even though I don't like reading boring stuff, I do like to read.
That's great. What is your favourite book?

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
That's great. What is your favourite book?
I love all of the Harry Potter books of course and also the Percy Jackson books. The Summer I Turned Pretty is also one of my favorite books. It is by Jenny Han and they made a show about it. The List is another book I like. It is by Siobhan Vivian.

Horsa

Reactions
I love all of the Harry Potter books of course and also the Percy Jackson books. The Summer I Turned Pretty is also one of my favorite books. It is by Jenny Han and they made a show about it. The List is another book I like. It is by Siobhan Vivian.
Those 2 books you mentioned sound good. I love most Catherine Cookson books & Lyn Andrews books. The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans & Palomino by Danielle Steele are 2 of my favourite books. With a few exceptions, they're the most modern books I like.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Those 2 books you mentioned sound good. I love most Catherine Cookson books & Lyn Andrews books. The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans & Palomino by Danielle Steele are 2 of my favourite books. With a few exceptions, they're the most modern books I like.
The List is about a list that is formed at a school on who is the prettiest and ugliest girl in each grade and how each of these 8 girls are affected by this list. The other book follows the life of this girl of Isabel and how she grows over the Summer and becomes more aware of her sexuality and boys and just overall about herself. Both books are awesome, especially for girls my age.