Tennis Frontier Migrants

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hope more people make it over. Any news on the others?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are quite a few others who committed but haven't yet signed up. Sure they'll trickle over in due course but there will also be posters from other places coming too.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Wait till the find out about this site.
wpml_cool.gif

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
what's going to happen to tennis frontier then ? whenever I go on there these days there are hardly any new poasts.

is it going to turn into a ghost site..like a web version of that ghost sailing ship with blake and his grisly crew from 'The Fog'

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
what’s going to happen to tennis frontier then ?…whenever I go on there these days there are hardly any new poasts.

is it going to turn into a ghost site..like a web version of that ghost sailing ship with blake and his grisly crew from ‘The Fog’

Well they should have stopped banning us for one, I'm happy to post here.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I agree, they should never ban long time posters, somebody they know are just strong opinionated but not trolls. They also should have not taken sides between posters, it doesn't matter that one of them is from the same fanbase as one of admins.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
brokenshoelace getting banned was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me but plenty of other posters had decided to end their affinity with the board for various reasons.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tennis Frontier will have it's place for those preferring a structured environment. Personally, I think mistakes were made in letting anchor posters drift away, or worse still banning them. Anchor posters create discussion. Without the discussion being created in the first place then responses dry up and a you have a dead forum walking. I sincerely hope they turn it around, but it's no longer for me personally.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I always stayed out of mod related issues and how the forums were ran, even when I was being warned/told off/asked to tone it down/whatever. But the direction the forums were going in became unbearable so I actually wrote a very detailed private message to tented and Riotbeard, politely and calmly explaining where they're going wrong, out of respect for both since I always got along with them and genuinely liked them. Basically, my main point was that overmoderating was killing the discussion, especially the excessive censorship and dumb 'stay on topic' posts. The mods were making the site about themselves. They gave me the typical bullshit 'we take your criticism to heart and see both sides of the argument' reply. Two weeks later, I was hit with a ban over an argument I've had with someone that was no worse than literally dozens and dozens before it. The explanation: it's the US Open and during these times, we get extra traffic. We don't want potential new users to be discouraged by a hostile environment which is baffling logic since they haven't had a new regular poster in forever and before you worry about new posters, you have to make sure you keep the old ones.

Anyway, I'm glad to see familiar faces here.

Reactions: Nekro and britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The mood wasn't sensed and social media has shaken things up a lot. You have to change with the times. Posters generate the content. That kind of got lost in translation somewhere along the line. How many posts did you have? 5 or 6,000? How many new posters would a board need to generate that level of contribution. Somebody didn't do the math.

N

Nekro

I always stayed out of mod related issues and how the forums were ran, even when I was being warned/told off/asked to tone it down/whatever. But the direction the forums were going in became unbearable so I actually wrote a very detailed private message to tented and Riotbeard, politely and calmly explaining where they’re going wrong, out of respect for both since I always got along with them and genuinely liked them. Basically, my main point was that overmoderating was killing the discussion, especially the excessive censorship and dumb “stay on topic” posts. The mods were making the site about themselves. They gave me the typical bullshit “we take your criticism to heart and see both sides of the argument” reply. Two weeks later, I was hit with a ban over an argument I’ve had with someone that was no worse than literally dozens and dozens before it. The explanation: “It’s the US Open and during these times, we get extra traffic. We don’t want potential new users to be discouraged by a hostile environment” which is baffling logic since they haven’t had a new regular poster in forever and before you worry about new posters, you have to make sure you keep the old ones.

Anyway, I’m glad to see familiar faces here.
I see, so was Riotbeard the incompetent admin who killed the traffic on tennisfrontier?

425C2E8321A21EC99282FC970279E5DC5DB8754A

N

Nekro

This Billie is a very nice and friendly poster, i heard she helped BB when the non-BB friendly tf peeps were nowhere, i don't think she's gonna come back though with the tf trolls bashing Sharapova nonstop...

lol, people fled the tf mugs to get a better life, what a cool idea to merge the insufferable mugs back in....

Hey Riotbeard, good to see you man, aah, was it you who banned and abused all those people? good to have you back, you're a nice memory to the peeps you messed with, yeah and especially me, i was admin so you couldn't ban me :p :D :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ah, Nekro, the forum anarchist creating a narrative from bits and pieces. Yeah, I invited Riot here and he is a good guy. I never had any problem with him... I only ever had a problem with one person on Tennis Frontier and it was that long ago, I wouldn't have a problem with him posting here either. Lifes too short for holding grudges - especially other peoples, so not sure why this concerns you in the first place. Most of those "insufferable mugs" (your words) are people I posted happily with years and got on fine with.

This website isn't discuss.tennis or tennis frontier or 2006 Tennis.com - it's a merger and most people rub along just fine. We all made concessions when we merged, not everybody is going to be happy and we all compromised to make it happen but in an era when forums are folding up shop in droves, it was the best way to keep something going.... so basically the choice is to suck it up or fuck off. There was a lot of good posters on Tennis Frontier and it was the old legacy of Tennis.com. One or two more are expected and last time I spoke to Billie, she was planning to return also... so hopefully this will grow some more.

N

Nekro

anarchist
lol!!! people keep calling me that:good: , you either found me out or you just read on t4u that my cousin keeps calling me Che Guevara :p

Haha, when i was drinking in a bar with a hot young uni prof woman she even asked me if my mom was an anarchist too :lulz1::laugh::lol3: I can't remember why she did that exactly, maybe i told her one of my funny lesbian mom stories, those are instawin with chicks :D :p

hopefully this will grow some more.
Yeah, that's why i'm telling peeps what they're doing wrong, practically i'm just thinking loudly, they either listen or they don't .....

The problem is most posters here are very petty minded and they don't get the big picture, like look at the Nadal yoo-hoo thread, what happened there? a new Nadal fan, apparently a young and energetic one, came and was looking for other Nadal fans, to socialize with them and stuff, and what happened? quite soon the Fedtards and a hostile nadal fan swarmed on the thread to prove how knowledgeable they are and possibly to troll the new member off....lol one of them even said we should just leave the place and go on fb while idolizing that annoying sneak Kieran lol!!!! I know you like him, great, but he's the stereotypical warhawk, Putin should be reined in, sure ,sure, good luck with that....

There are tons of threads to be knowledgeable, Strokes is not only nice and a pleasure to read, she's chatty, energetic and passionate , just what the doctor ordered, so act knowledgeable in other threads at her expense, especially when she says nothing wrong.... but oh wait, petty minded people can't work for the common good......

So doing that, in Strokes' friendmaking thread, was just idiotic, no matter how you look at it...

about the rest of the tf peeps, imo i'm not alone, just ard 2 days ago even the very nice and peaceful Moxie scolded them for trashtalking Ostapenko and Mugu, let's face it, the tf trolls are hogging the WTA section, do you thinks anyone will join to participate in GSM's and tossip's crap throwing party? Which players can WTA fans be the fans of? Whom hasn't tossip hated on yet? like Ostapenko should get her DNA checked and Mugu is "garbage, ladyboy, stuck up bitch", maybe people can fanboy/girl hmmmmm Steroina on this board??? :p

the WTA section was much better before the merge, with Margaret, Moxie and the rest of the posters, there was nonstop Sharapova hate, that's true but tf peeps not only brought only more sharapova hate but also hate for like every player who's not Serena, even the cool new champs like Mugu and Ostapenko... yeah but i'm just thinking loudly.......

About my narrative, feel free anytime to correct it if i'm wrong somewhere, you know i'm always hungry for info and details :p :D ;)B-):dance2::dance3::hunting::bat::fishing: