Your Wishlist

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Hi britbox, :)
After seeing your rankings "report" I admit that I was too harsh. Its just that this forum is so much better than the other main one on the net (women tennis).
The admins quality here makes the whole difference imo.
Another thing, the vbulletin format looks better to me with more features that users like, but I guess it costs money.
I just hope to see tennis fans switching to your forums. The small traffic is an issue. If you get over this obstacle you will do great because the admins here are few levels better than the admins on the current main women forum on the net. Its another (good)world up here.
Any chance of switching to vBulletin? It will also help.

Thanks for your reply :)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
After seeing your rankings "report" I admit that I was too harsh. Its just that this forum is so much better than the other main one on the net (women tennis).
Another thing, the vbulletin format looks better to me with more features that users like, but I guess it costs money.
I just hope to see tennis fans switching to your forums. The small traffic is an issue. If you get over this obstacle you will do great because the admins here are few levels better than the admins on the current main women forum on the net. Its another (good)world up here.

Hi Si Si, we're evaluating vbulletin and Xenforo at the mo as one of the next phases. Don't worry too much about growth - it will happen, we've already got 5 x as many posters as we had 8 months ago, and the next phase of development should hopefully double it again. Thanks for your input BTW - always appreciated. (PS - Spread the word on the other forums!!)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
Si Si Simona said:

Hi Si Si, we're evaluating vbulletin and Xenforo at the mo as one of the next phases. Don't worry too much about growth - it will happen, we've already got 5 x as many posters as we had 8 months ago, and the next phase of development should hopefully double it again. Thanks for your input BTW - always appreciated. (PS - Spread the word on the other forums!!)

I have only a limited knowledge in SEO and I just gave what I know. It sounds like you know what you are doing. :) Who am I do judge when I am not even an SEO professional.
About vBulletin, its very common on the net so users will get used to it quickly. The current format needs time by the new members to learn it. From my personal experience vBulletin works well. I never saw an Xenforo format.
Best wishes in promoting this site and may it grow fast in the future.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Can you find or create a smiley showing someone putting an oxygen mask on his face and breathing through it?
As if someone is too exhausted to breath and needing extra help :D
I will need that today when Simona plays Errani. Two pitbulls going at each other ;)

Tennisbanter

In the Locker Room
Reactions
Website
http
is there a section or thread where new members can introduce themselves at all?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Tennisbanter said:

Hi Tennisbanter,

You can use this thread:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=659&pid=18695#pid18695

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
I was thinking a bit about promoting doubles discussions. Maybe there could be general ATP & WTA doubles threads. I guess there wouldn't be much discussion right now but maybe during slams there could be a stickied doubles thread for the whole event, as the daily threads are obviously 99.99% singles.

Tennisbanter

In the Locker Room
Reactions
Website
http
tented said:
Tennisbanter said:

Hi Tennisbanter,

You can use this thread:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=659&pid=18695#pid18695

Ok thanks

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Hi,
Is it possible to separate the "edit" tab at the bottom bar of my comment into two visible horizontal tabs of "quick edit" and "full edit" inside the bottom bar?
At present, I have situations when I want to do "full edit" that I need to click "edit" and then scroll down the webpage because I can not see the "full edit" option, and only then click again on "full edit".
Having "quick edit" and "full edit" viewable inside the bar instead of popups would be better.
Thanks

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for the input... Some good points and suggestions. There will be a forum upgrade in the near future which will add quite a bit more functionality and extra features.

R

Rose

britbox said:
Thanks for the input... Some good points and suggestions. There will be a forum upgrade in the near future which will add quite a bit more functionality and extra features.

Great :) Because this is the nicest, best run Forum I have ever been on! And believe me I have been on a lot of Forums over the years.

Does your level of posting have anything to do with avatar size?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hi Genie,

No, the avatars aren't related to levels of posting... but they will be bigger on the next upgrade.

R

Rose

britbox said:
Hi Genie,

No, the avatars aren't related to levels of posting... but they will be bigger on the next upgrade.

Great :) Maybe I just have the wrong picture in mine because it looks much smaller than other people? This is a better look for the avatar, but it will be nicer to get them bigger on the next upgrade :)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Genie4Ever said:
this is the nicest, best run Forum I have ever been on! And believe me I have been on a lot of Forums over the years.
From my experience the level of a forum is determined by the level of its admins. Thats the main factor in a forum level in my opinion.

R

Rose

Si Si Simona said:
Genie4Ever said:
this is the nicest, best run Forum I have ever been on! And believe me I have been on a lot of Forums over the years.
From my experience the level of a forum is determined by the level of its admins. Thats the main factor in a forum level in my opinion.
I think it has to be the whole team. Because the last tennis forum I was on before this one had an Admin. that was pure gold! But it was mainly him doing the work in the forum! I don't know how the man did it, but he did and he had such a way about him that people didn't get upset with him even if they disagreed with him! Pure class all the way with him, but the forum was huge and sadly not everyone had his class.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:
tented said:
Genie4Ever said:
Can we change our username here?

Yes. Send me a PM, and I'll do it.

Thanks :) The only downside now is everyone will have to get used to the new name!

We'll get used to it. A rose by any other name….:)