Your Wishlist

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions
britbox said:
Hi guys and gals,

This board is brand new. We've thrown it up with the forthcoming demise of tennis digital. Tell us what you want in a message board and we'll do our best to meet your expectations.

I presently don't have any suggestions, but want to thank the owners for opening this site. Job well done and thank you britbox for the heads up!

Adam Scott says "This one was for you mate! Cheers!" :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
fedfan said:
britbox said:
Hi guys and gals,

This board is brand new. We've thrown it up with the forthcoming demise of tennis digital. Tell us what you want in a message board and we'll do our best to meet your expectations.

I presently don't have any suggestions, but want to thank the owners for opening this site. Job well done and thank you britbox for the heads up!

Adam Scott says "This one was for you mate! Cheers!" :)

Fedfan! It's great to see you here. :)

You think you might go to RG again, or perhaps Wimbledon this year?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So glad you found us, Fedfan! Now that it's not college football season, maybe you'll have something to say about tennis. ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
hmm, now I am back on, I noticed one or two 'multi avatars' or 4 or 5 avatars all across the page like a comic strip..

this is really untidy..makes reading posts difficult (visual clutter) and makes the site look downmarket (which it is not), hopefully this will not be the visual way ahead. :huh:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
hmm, now I am back on, I noticed one or two 'multi avatars' or 4 or 5 avatars all across the page like a comic strip..

this is really untidy..makes reading posts difficult (visual clutter) and makes the site look downmarket (which it is not), hopefully this will not be the visual way ahead. :huh:

I have to agree with this. It did get a bit messy.
Also, I wonder if Mods have a way for me to not see ANYTHING from someone in my ignore list, including when they are quoted in someone elses' posts?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Also, I wonder if Mods have a way for me to not see ANYTHING from someone in my ignore list, including when they are quoted in someone elses' posts?

There is an ignore option within your user control panel. (See the menu on the left side of the page, right below Group Memberships.)

I just tested it, and it does not hide a person's post if it has been quoted by someone who is not on your ignore list.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
tented said:
1972Murat said:

There is an ignore option within your user control panel. (See the menu on the left side of the page, right below Group Memberships.)

I just tested it, and it does not hide a person's post if it has been quoted by someone who is not on your ignore list.

Shame...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:

I have to agree with this. It did get a bit messy.

It might be difficult to ignore quoted posts but with regard to the signatures, I might be able to do something where each user can choose not display the signatures of others within their own user profile area.

It won't be too soon though, as I've got a few other things on the list to sort out first. Next bit being to get the forum themed along the lines of the home pages.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
britbox said:
... with regard to the signatures, I might be able to do something where each user can choose not display the signatures of others within their own user profile area.

That's a great idea.

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tented said:
britbox said:
... with regard to the signatures, I might be able to do something where each user can choose not display the signatures of others within their own user profile area.

That's a great idea.

Definitely. Personally I don't mind when members add banners with pictures of their faves to their signature or have big(ger) avatars. I think it adds a bit of colour and makes the forum more fun. But I also know that some object to that, so people should have the option to choose if they want to be exposed to that or not, just like they should have the option to add them to their signature if they want.

It's hardly a top priority for me either way, but that's my opinion when it comes to that particular topic. :)

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Does anybody know what happened to House, Momoshiro, Federberg, Pistol, secrettennisjunkie etc.? Would like to see them here.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Didi said:
Does anybody know what happened to House, Momoshiro, Federberg, Pistol, secrettennisjunkie etc.? Would like to see them here.

So would I, and I'm sure a lot of others, too.

People who posted on tennis.com were sent messages about Tennis Digital. When that shut down, everyone who posted there was told about Tennis Frontier. No one was excluded. Now they have to decide whether or not they want to come here. Let's hope they do.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
any chance of increasing the size of the avatars a bit ?..

its a bit difficult to see some of them unless its a pic on one well known player, my fillum poaster avatar is a bit ..erm..squashed in.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've added a few more smilies for people who like that sort of thing.

:clap :snigger :laydownlaughing :nono :puzzled

If you see any you like elsewhere, let me know and I'll grab them.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
A like button. I like them. Saves me having to show what I like through smileys. But I like smileys too... :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
Kieran said:
A like button. I like them. Saves me having to show what I like through smileys. But I like smileys too... :)

You now have a Thank You button for each post.

I just saw that...very useful! And I've already used it. :heart:

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
we don't have "Spoiler" alert/hide/button things like at digital, do we? would be nice, if possible. we could even open a thread on GoT then ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
can the avatars be a bit larger ?,

and is it possible to have a larger file size..various attempts to change avatar were rejected cause file too large (10 k), after about 6 rejects my spock 'win' pic was accepted.

any more emoticons ?..'gimp' for instance, plus whatever else is around ??