Your Wishlist

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
One other thing, aren't the icons for "this forum contains new posts" and "this forum does not contain new posts" the same?

Lol, I knew that would get picked up. They were actually different at the beginning - I lightened the tennis ball for "non-new posts" but it looked crap so I reverted to the original. I'll probably just remove the distinction from the footer.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: Does the board community need new leadership?

Funny. Glad you showed up, Cali.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions

lolz lolz loz..

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am just happy to see all of the old gang over here as the clay season commences. I am looking forward to another great year. Will Rafa break the record he shares with Bjorn and Roger? His best chance is in Paris. We will see.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
a new site then.."(Kings of the wild) Tennis Frontier."

thanks to britbox for the "oooh ooh ohhhhhh oooohooooooh ooooh..messages" (OMD). :D

Anyhow some points 1) the white background might br a bit bright even on my laptop brightness tuner at the minimum..any chance of a less bright background colour as potential straining of the eyes isn't good.

2)..the font thickness as default could be increased as words in [/font]our posts look a bit thin and anaemic..however I notice [/font] a font option but if its not default most posts will stay thin and spindley in style..

3)maybe the jet black option boxes around the page could also be given a much lighter colour as at the moment the black boxes dominate the page..especially when they are against the thin letters of the actual posts,

3) a non colour sceme/brightness one now..why only 10 posts a page and not the usual 20 poasts..a popular thread will end up with 132 pages with only 10 poasts per page..

4) please can we have loads more smileys if possible. :D

5) good work..vamos :p

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Good one Cali. Welcome aboard.

I have formally promoted you to be the board official responsible for promoting the virtues of Rafael Nadal.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:

thanks to britbox for the "oooh ooh ohhhhhh oooohooooooh ooooh..messages" (OMD). :D

Anyhow some points 1) the white background might br a bit bright even on my laptop brightness tuner at the minimum..any chance of a less bright background colour as potential straining of the eyes isn't good.

2)..the font thickness as default could be increased as words in [/font]our posts look a bit thin and anaemic..however I notice [/font] a font option but if its not default most posts will stay thin and spindley in style..

3)maybe the jet black option boxes around the page could also be given a much lighter colour as at the moment the black boxes dominate the page..especially when they are against the thin letters of the actual posts,

3) a non colour sceme/brightness one now..why only 10 posts a page and not the usual 20 poasts..a popular thread will end up with 132 pages with only 10 poasts per page..

I've changed it to 20 posts per page now. I'll wait on further feedback for colours as one man's meat seems to be another man's poison in that department. Black on white is usually a pretty safe option though.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You're doing sterling work, brother Britbox! I like the layout and it's functioning perfectly.

Fair play to ya, fella! :D

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm fine with the black and white color, but I'd like for the default fault (and the general layout) to be a touch bigger. Despite the trouble you had with the whole "this forum contains new post" thing brit, I think it's a useful feature if it can be sorted out of course.

Balta

Reactions
Hi All. I've been a keen reader of the previous two forums (not posting very much tho) and am really happy to see that the ol' crew is together again at this new forum. Thumbs up.

As for wishes, I kinda liked those country flags underneath each poster. Helps me relate person to a particular part of our little tennis planet.

Here's to bright future.

P.S. How are you going with sponsors? Or are you completely non-for-profit?

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have an other idea. Don't know if others would like this too, but it would be great if you could jump to the last page of a thread when you click on the title of the thread. Now, I need to click on the last page number or the thingy on the right. In the vast majority of cases you just want to read the last posts, you have not read. But maybe it is good as it is. Just a thought.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich - Yeah, i had the same complaint on the forum we all just left. Leave it with me - I'll sort that out over the weekend.

Balta - I'll see what I can do with regard to flags. On the points you made about the site - currently non-profit, no sponsors or any income streams. Maybe this will change in the future, but there is a firm commitment to maintaining and growing the community from the four partners on a voluntary basis in any event.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought it maybe could be interesting to have a thread - all by itself not in off topics like in the old tennis.com site - that present us as members - who we are, interests a.s.o. Well just an idea:)

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Can you find a way to embed youtube videos if its not much of a problem . That way we can watch the video on this screen and not have to go to youtube to watch it

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hi tennisville,

You can already embed Youtube videos. When you make a post, click the icon furthest right on the toolbar and you can embed video.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpHK4YIwY4[/video]

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

britbox said:
Good one Cali. Welcome aboard.

I have formally promoted you to be the board official responsible for promoting the virtues of Rafael Nadal.

Why, thank you for such an honor, your administrative highness.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:

I've changed it to 20 posts per page now. I'll wait on further feedback for colours as one man's meat seems to be another man's poison in that department. Black on white is usually a pretty safe option though.

i was thinking more of a less black black..and a less bright white background..rather than a colour change (i didn't make that clear)..the contrast is quite extreme..

also why do the poasts go from white to blue alternate it adds to the visual confusion ??..

it sounds like im moaning but i'm just making some small observations..im ok with it if it stays as it is..thanks for increasing to 20 poasts per page we all agree on that at least..

are any more smileys coming into service ?? or no.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
also why do the poasts go from white to blue alternate it adds to the visual confusion ??..

This is ironic, since I was just thinking the opposite while looking through threads in a different forum. I like that they alternate, because it makes it easy to see quickly where one post ends, and the next begins.

I'll be interested to learn what others think ...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:

This is ironic, since I was just thinking the opposite while looking through threads in a different forum. I like that they alternate, because it makes it easy to see quickly where one post ends, and the next begins.

I'll be interested to learn what others think ...

lol :p..i think its just me perhaps..i take strong painkillers with codeine (30mg) in them and it messes with my concentration also an offshoot of that is my visual perception is more sensitive, I think, esp when i'm tired, I mean that brightness might be enhanced..or the perception of it is..and ohblahblahblahblahblahboringboringboringboringzzzzzzzzzzz

enough of the tedious waffle, but..surely we all say yes to more emoticons ?? :D or.....:s

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
BB, great job with the board, it looks really nice;) I wish you all the best with it.

As for more wishes, I wish people would treat players with due respect and not call them names even if they don't like them.;)