JJ will serve for the match 5-4

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRLpDLuDGc[/video]

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So far Serena is doing rather nicely despite losing that random game in which she could have doled out a bagel.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
^ The Williams bakery is still open. Handing out crusty breadsticks instead of bagels.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
So far Serena is doing rather nicely despite losing that random game in which she could have doled out a bagel.

Oh, I know, but she was cruising along to get that bagel until she threw in that crappy service game, lol. I know it happens. I just was not expecting it.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
It's funny how Serena was kind of cruising in the 2nd set at 2-2 and then something clicked suddenly like 'I'm actually really hungry, I need to get off this court so we can go have some dinner'...and then the break fest ensued :)

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
^ I cant believe it....Li was in great form when she blew Stosur off the court yesterday.I was so certain she could handle Errani with ease.How wrong was I.

Tracey Austin just said on Tennis Channel that Li said she had food poisoning/stomach troubles:(

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Maybe she did. But I've seen Li the UE machine when she wasn't ill or injured. Errani is not the person you want to play when you aren't feeling well. She gets a lot of balls back and will keep you out there for 3 sets to tire you out.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think the thing I am enjoying the most right now is Serena's ground game. She is hitting the ball with more authority and purpose it seems. She isn't drawing points out nearly as much as she has over the past two years. In other words, she is playing much more effective and efficient tennis.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
fashionista said:
^ I cant believe it....Li was in great form when she blew Stosur off the court yesterday.I was so certain she could handle Errani with ease.How wrong was I.

Tracey Austin just said on Tennis Channel that Li said she had food poisoning/stomach troubles:(

Thanks for that info.I didnt watch the match....bad luck with the food poisoning...I have had that myself and not pleasant indeed.

I have the Spainards match to watch now....catch you later.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Maybe she did. But I've seen Li the UE machine when she wasn't ill or injured. Errani is not the person you want to play when you aren't feeling well. She gets a lot of balls back and will keep you out there for 3 sets to tire you out.

I can see why she played though if it was a stomach issue, then she might have felt she had a shot given her comfort with Errani. Then if she won, she had time to rest.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I think the thing I am enjoying the most right now is Serena's ground game. She is hitting the ball with more authority and purpose it seems. She isn't drawing points out nearly as much as she has over the past two years. In other words, she is playing much more effective and efficient tennis.
Yes, as I said before, since Madrid, her ground game has been quite impressive. Love the aggression with the topspin for margin of error. She really isn't trying to spend more time on the court than she has to.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
Yes, as I said before, since Madrid, her ground game has been quite impressive. Love the aggression with the topspin for margin of error. She really isn't trying to spend more time on the court than she has to.

I can't say that has always been the case over the past two years, so it is nice to see the aggression return. It is like once she found her clay court form two years ago, she had issues finding the right amount of aggression for the past two years. Looks like the off time did her some good in that regard of wanting to leave the court sooner.

rubydo

Reactions
fashionista said:
Aga please get rid of that floral number you wore.......
Aww but it is spring and the flowers are in full bloom in Rome! I am no fashion expert but for one occasion let Aga revel in her new attire, and then put it in the closet!:lolz: