Will Nadal pass Federer?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There's no denying Federer has blown plenty of matches at the USO but he's had 3 injury plagued ones in recent years and one missed 1 and was gonna be favourite in 2017 before hurting his back and 2nd favourite after Djokovic's exit this year. One of those AO wins in 2013 was during Federer's atrocious 2013 when he was losing to everyone and their dog with a bad back. 2009 was just a blown opportunity and I can't even remember the other off the top of my head. We saw, however, that with a fast court in 2017 and no mental baggage the result was the complete opposite so you should be happy he played like a wuss in the AO 2009 and for 2.5 sets at Wimbledon.

Speaking of nonsense, Nadal was so desperate to win Wimbledon in 2010 we all know what he did against Petzschner and of course, he couldn't lose to poor old Roger at the French Open so what does he do down 2-5 in the first set in 2011? Good old sporting Rafa. You want nonsense, you got it right there. Did the same thing this year at Wimbledon before Roger served for the match. If he's as good as you make out then he shouldn't need to resort to this...but clearly he's not because he does it.

Nadal beat Federer at the AO in 2009, 2012 and 2014. Not 2013. As for 2017, despite a super fast court and no mental baggage, Nadal still was up a break in the 5th. The rest of your post is confusing and doesn't make sense. :wacko:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
The case of Monica is the only real bad luck, I’m still sorry for her. What a pleasure it was to watch her beating Graf regularly.
I never watched WTA the same way since then. I was a fan of her.
I agree. I liked Monica Seles too & thought it was disgusting when she was stabbed. I thought more security should have been on to prevent something like that from happening in the 1st place.

Reactions: Bonaca

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal beat Federer at the AO in 2009, 2012 and 2014. Not 2013. As for 2017, despite a super fast court and no mental baggage, Nadal still was up a break in the 5th. The rest of your post is confusing and doesn't make sense. :wacko:

2014 so sorry, your highness. He ended 2013 with his back kaput so what did anyone expect. Nadal the mighty lol. Yes, he was up a break in the 5th because Federer went all passive and crap. As for the rest being confusing, maybe for you but not for anyone else. You mentioned the word nonsense and I gave you examples of it.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
2014 so sorry, your highness. He ended 2013 with his back kaput so what did anyone expect. Nadal the mighty lol. Yes, he was up a break in the 5th because Federer went all passive and crap. As for the rest being confusing, maybe for you but not for anyone else. You mentioned the word nonsense and I gave you examples of it.

When all is said and done Nadal will lead Federer 24-20 in slam titles and 12-4 in slam h2h. So keep finding excuses for now but you won't be able to do that for much longer.

Reactions: Andy22

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
When all is said and done Nadal will lead Federer 24-20 in slam titles and 12-4 in slam h2h. So keep finding excuses for now but you won't be able to do that for much longer.

Wouldn't be so cocky if I were you. Federer is 2nd favourite to win the AO after Djokovic who may not be fit for the 2020 AO. Imagine Federer wins that and Wimbledon 'cos Djokovic's injury problems plague him for much of next year. He should have won Wimbledon anyway. Stranger things have happened. Medvedev could win the AO and USO next year for all we know. I wasn't making excuses btw until you started. You were the one who started it with the poor ickle Wafa crap re his injuries. I merely pointed out THEY HAVE ALL BEEN INJURED. Who the hell says he would have won any that he missed anyway..

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wouldn't be so cocky if I were you. Federer is 2nd favourite to win the AO after Djokovic who may not be fit for the 2020 AO. Imagine Federer wins that and Wimbledon 'cos Djokovic's injury problems plague him for much of next year. He should have won Wimbledon anyway. Stranger things have happened. Medvedev could win the AO and USO next year for all we know. I wasn't making excuses btw until you started. You were the one who started it with the poor ickle Wafa crap re his injuries. I merely pointed out THEY HAVE ALL BEEN INJURED. Who the hell says he would have won any that he missed anyway..

Again you are comparing Nadal's many injuries throughout his career resulting in many missed slams almost on a yearly bases with Federer's few injuries that still allowed him to play in 65 consecutive slams. :cuckoo: Go get some help. :facepalm:

IMO both Novak and Federer are done. It was a great farewell moment for them at this year's Wimbledon.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Again you are comparing Nadal's many injuries throughout his career resulting in many missed slams almost on a yearly bases with Federer's few injuries that still allowed him to play in 65 consecutive slams. :cuckoo: Go get some help. :facepalm:

IMO both Novak and Federer are done. It was a great farewell moment for them at this year's Wimbledon.

I'll laugh myself silly if Novak returns good as new next year and wins almost everything. Not saying it's likely but let's say Medvedev wins the AO, Djokovic has recovered for clay season and wins RG, Federer wins Wimbledon and anyone other than Nadal wins the USO. He would then be slam less and turning 35 the following year. It's never good to be unnecessarily cocky in sports. More often than not you end up looking stupid.

PS: As for you telling me to go get some help, do you read any of your own posts much ?!

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll laugh myself silly if Novak returns good as new next year and wins almost everything. Not saying it's likely but let's say Medvedev wins the AO, Djokovic has recovered for clay season and wins RG, Federer wins Wimbledon and anyone other than Nadal wins the USO. He would then be slam less and turning 35 the following year. It's never good to be unnecessarily cocky in sports. More often than not you end up looking stupid.

PS: As for you telling me to go get some help, do you read any of your own posts much ?!

Lol you Fed fans have been attacking and dismissing Nadal & his fans for over a decade! You guys literally invented the word "arrogance". So please, a few Nadal fans being "cocky" for the last couple of weeks is more than welcome. It's called karma and it's just beginning. :smooch:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Speaking of nonsense, Nadal was so desperate to win Wimbledon in 2010 we all know what he did against Petzschner and of course, he couldn't lose to poor old Roger at the French Open so what does he do down 2-5 in the first set in 2011? Good old sporting Rafa. You want nonsense, you got it right there. Did the same thing this year at Wimbledon before Roger served for the match. If he's as good as you make out then he shouldn't need to resort to this...but clearly he's not because he does it.
OMG, Front! Did you seriously just bring up Petzschner again?! That's like how many times lately? And completely unbidden. That was 9 years ago, ffs. Now you're starting to sound desperate.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG, Front! Did you seriously just bring up Petzschner again?! That's like how many times lately? And completely unbidden. That was 9 years ago, ffs. Now you're starting to sound desperate.

Yes, and why did I do that? Because one of your fanbase's most annoying clowns said stop posting nonsense and I'll continue to do so if he keeps posting nonsense. Here's the quoted part I was replying to: "And at the French Open Federer is 0-6 against Nadal and the only year he managed to win it was when he was able to avoid Nadal. Stop with your nonsense." <---- Nadal was there for the taking in 2011 but as clown face there was mentioning nonsense I gave a clear example of actual true and unsporting nonsense. The whatever it takes to win mentality of Nadal. Let's re-bandage my feet 'cos I'm losing. Who knows how that match would have entailed with the faster, lighter balls that year if Federer hadn't been conned out of winning set 1. The ever sporting one did the same thing just recently at Wimbledon 'cos you know, it just happened to suddenly be an issue when his buddy Roger was serving for the match and, yes, I mentioned the Petzschener incident yet again since he mentioned nonsense, which fake MTOs are when you're losing. Point being, as so many are so quick to anoint him GOAT (lol btw), then you have to admit he shouldn't need to do all of this if his tennis is supposedly so amazing. He does it for a reason, 'cos he's no GOAT and 'cos he needs to try and win matches by gaining the upper hand while in a losing position by whatever means he can.

Anyway, time for bed here. I've had enough of NadalCareBear500 for today.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, and why did I do that? Because one of your fanbase's most annoying clowns said stop posting nonsense and I'll continue to do so if he keeps posting nonsense. Here's the quoted part I was replying to: "And at the French Open Federer is 0-6 against Nadal and the only year he managed to win it was when he was able to avoid Nadal. Stop with your nonsense." <---- Nadal was there for the taking in 2011 but as clown face there was mentioning nonsense I gave a clear example of actual true and unsporting nonsense. The whatever it takes to win mentality of Nadal. Let's re-bandage my feet 'cos I'm losing. Who knows how that match would have entailed with the faster, lighter balls that year if Federer hadn't been conned out of winning set 1. The ever sporting one did the same thing just recently at Wimbledon 'cos you know, it just happened to suddenly be an issue when his buddy Roger was serving for the match and, yes, I mentioned the Petzschener incident yet again since he mentioned nonsense, which fake MTOs are when you're losing. Point being, as so many are so quick to anoint him GOAT (lol btw), then you have to admit he shouldn't need to do all of this if his tennis is supposedly so amazing. He does it for a reason, 'cos he's no GOAT and 'cos he needs to try and win matches by gaining the upper hand while in a losing position by whatever means he can.

Anyway, time for bed here. I've had enough of NadalCareBear500 for today.
Complete non-sequitor, and now you're just picking over all the old scabs that you feel. If you want to fight with a "clown," you risk being one. You've used it as excuse to reassert your own agenda. Don't play the innocent.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You make things out to be far more dramatic than they are with regard to Nadal's injuries like so many Nadal drama queens. Federer had a bad back pretty much all of 2013, a year full of crap results for him and since you're mostly focusing on the USO: Federer's back was screwed at the USO 2013, 2017 he was the player to beat all year and stupid scheduling at Montreal caused him to enter with a bad back (dumbest move of his career), 2019 his back deserted him in the semi when he was the favourite with Djokovic out and he missed 2016 completely due to reoccurring knee injury from the SF of Wimbledon 2016 where he fell flat on his face out of nowhere when his knee went from under him. That's 3 US Opens impacted with back injuries and one missed completely and 2 Wimbledons he was in bad shape. Stop making out that poor Nadal has such bad luck as they've all had bad luck in their careers.

There's a big difference between a player having injuries in his 30's and late 30's (that didn't even prevent him from entering the tournaments in question, at least not in the examples you cited above), and a player missing time during his peak. The 2009 injury for example came when Nadal was the undisputed best player in the world. The other problem with injuries forcing you to take the time off isn't just the tournaments you've skipped, but having to press the reset button every time and trying to come back and work your way back into form, which in fairness, Nadal has not struggled with to any large extent, but that's a testament to him.

You can't even begin to compare Federer and Nadal in terms of injuries.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That is no underachievement , his injuries are playstyle dependent, it’s the price for this kind of unreal physicality. One could say he could be happy that he wasn’t injured much more. Always to sides of the medal and the viewing point.

This narrative has always been so unbearable. First of all, you cannot claim with this level of unequivocal confidence that Nadal's injury are play style dependent. We actually don't know that. Secondly and more importantly, while I can see how knee issues can be linked to his physical style and explosive movements, what about wrist injuries? Or lower back injuries that are common in almost every tennis player? Both have kept him out of majors (one even occurred during a Grand Slam final).

Thirdly, if it were really as much about playing style as it's made out to be, Nadal's body would have completely given in by now the way everyone has been predicting since he was pretty much 19.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
of course, he couldn't lose to poor old Roger at the French Open so what does he do down 2-5 in the first set in 2011? Good old sporting Rafa. .

What did he do?

And I agree he couldn't lose to Roger at the FO.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There's a big difference between a player having injuries in his 30's and late 30's (that didn't even prevent him from entering the tournaments in question, at least not in the examples you cited above), and a player missing time during his peak. The 2009 injury for example came when Nadal was the undisputed best player in the world.

Also at a time when Nalbandian utterly schooled him at Indian Wells while he was the official number 1 in the world.

You can't even begin to compare Federer and Nadal in terms of injuries.

By the same token, Nadal has had much better coaches until recently.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thirdly, if it were really as much about playing style as it's made out to be, Nadal's body would have completely given in by now the way everyone has been predicting since he was pretty much 19.

Everybody except myself. I always disagreed with that narrative because I did not see why Nadal's style of play was anymore strenuous on the knees and joints than that of other players, who are also required to move and make rapid motions in order to play tennis.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also at a time when Nalbandian utterly schooled him at Indian Wells while he was the official number 1 in the world..

Interestingly, Nadal won both the match and the tournament.

By the same token, Nadal has had much better coaches until recently.

I honestly don't see how this is in any way "the same token."

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
This narrative has always been so unbearable. First of all, you cannot claim with this level of unequivocal confidence that Nadal's injury are play style dependent. We actually don't know that. Secondly and more importantly, while I can see how knee issues can be linked to his physical style and explosive movements, what about wrist injuries? Or lower back injuries that are common in almost every tennis player? Both have kept him out of majors (one even occurred during a Grand Slam final).

The wrist is also very well explainable with his playstyle of course, look at his teqnique with the forehand and think what your wrists told you after playing much tennis. His wrists and fingers are extremly taped , it is for prevention. Lower back is more common and not associated to his style.

Everything is not proven and only my opinion, i am working in the medical sector for more than 20 years.

To your third point: I cannot explain this mystery.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Everybody except myself. I always disagreed with that narrative because I did not see why Nadal's style of play was anymore strenuous on the knees and joints than that of other players, who are also required to move and make rapid motions in order to play tennis.
He is running really a lot , playing extreme topspin on the forehand and carrying a lot of body weight/muscles with him.

That is making the difference to almost all other players and is poison to his joints!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The wrist is also very well explainable with his playstyle of course, look at his teqnique with the forehand and think what your wrists told you after playing much tennis. His wrists and fingers are extremly taped , it is for prevention. Lower back is more common and not associated to his style.

Everything is not proven and only my opinion, i am working in the medical sector for more than 20 years.

To your third point: I cannot explain this mystery.
Read Cali read
Screenshot_20190916-030821.png

Reactions: Andy22